Page 4 of 195 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    800XC

Bloody Family

would love to join you guys but the wife and kids have conspired against me - Have a great ride and hope to catch up on one soon

do you reckon I can sell the kids and buy a bigger tank, aftermarket exhaust and a 685 kit for the KLR two birds with one stone and all that

Bike
    dr650
    Looks like the weather is going to be hot tomorrow (28ish), probably even hotter in the valley. Fitted a works end sign come bash plate that i made up for the dusty, but never got to use, during the week. It will be interesting to see if it is still attached at the end of the ride

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjah View Post
    I'm well keen for a ride to Lees Valley on Saturday. In fact I've been meaning to post about it.

Saturday, 9:30 at mobil rangiora is sweet with me
    Never done it so oil change and airfilter after the Dusty and I'm in.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Track log .gpx file for those who want to see
    Freshmaps wouldn't display the GPX file till the metadata tags and content was removed, odd Obviously Garmin specific metadata

Weather man seems confused but I have faith...
    The Coast is looking bollocks for the next 4 days so I have posponed my trip till Wednesday. I might join you guys, seems tomorrow will be the best day this side of the divide, aside from gale winds later on in the day, could be interesting holding a straight line coming up and over Bottle Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    do you reckon I can sell the kids and buy a bigger tank, aftermarket exhaust and a 685 kit for the KLR two birds with one stone and all that
    Can they cook, clean, rebuild engines and happily live in the garage? If so I could be interested

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post
    Never done it so oil change and airfilter after the Dusty and I'm in.
    Sounds like a candidate for the lunch stop hill climb TA was talking about. Have I got this right TA or am I mixing tracks here??

Ok, see you all at the Dunsandel Caltex at 11:45

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post

Sounds like a candidate for the lunch stop hill climb TA was talking about. Have I got this right TA or am I mixing tracks here??

Ok, see you all at the Dunsandel Caltex at 11:45
    Whoa, have no idea what you're talking about ??
    The plan is quoted below, we are not going anywhere near Dunsandel or even SHW1.
    We'll be out of the hills by lunch in Oxford.
    You have Lees Valley/Okuku Pass on your website so should know the lay of the land.

....departing from Mobil Rangiora, 19 Ashley St, Rangiora at 9:30am.
    Go through Lees Valley, lunch at Oxford and a bit of big bike friendly Waimak roading to get back.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Whoa, have no idea what you're talking about ??
    The plan is quoted below, we are not going anywhere near Dunsandel or even SHW1.
    We'll be out of the hills by lunch in Oxford.
    You have Lees Valley/Okuku Pass on your website so should know the lay of the land.
    Classic, just taking the p*ss about Dunsandle mate I know the area pretty well.

I remember now, it was blackbuell I was talking to, apparently there is a hill climb near the start of Okuku Gorge somewhere. A few guys have made it, and some have not.

We'll talk about it tomorrow when we catch up at BP Kaiapoi 11:37

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post
    Classic, just taking the p*ss about Dunsandle mate I know the area pretty well.

I remember now, it was blackbuell I was talking to, apparently there is a hill climb near the start of Okuku Gorge somewhere. A few guys have made it, and some have not.

We'll talk about it tomorrow when we catch up at BP Kaiapoi 11:37
    See you all at glen tunnel at 12.47 then?

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    3 black ones
    i was following the dust trail and then it disappeared on one of the stopbanks - did you guys turn off?

anyway me and advgd turned back and turned off at the next track but no sign of anyone

got the gate that was locked and the ranger let us thru - this gate is going to be permantly locked now!!!! how did you guys get on

Bike
    dr650
    Yea we got to the gate, waited for 5 mins or so, went around the edge of the gate on the river side. It was easy enough. Looked like quite a few gates had been damaged. Did the ranger say why they were closing it off?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Went straight to that gate and had a bit of a look then hooked on to the grass on the river side to pass it and out we went.
    Thought you two must have stopped at the guys working on the green bikes. At least that's what #3 thought.
    Glad to see you all out... now what about Benjah?
    Dam, cromag beat me to posting.

Good ride, think the Transalp and I have officially bonded again. No not like that you pervs

Nice to catch up with you all.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by cromagnon View Post
    Did the ranger say why they were closing it off?
    He said there had been a lot of problems including people smashing up gates. On the back of the rangers trailer were about 6 gates all mangled by F*CKWITS in 4X4s. The ususal story, a few losers being dickheads ruining it for the rest of us

Thought you two must have stopped at the guys working on the green bikes.
    I stopped to see if they needed a hand, but it was just the rear brake on one of the bikes, no biggie. I offered him $40 for the bike "as is" but for some reason he didn't accept my offer

Nice to catch up with you all.
    Pleasure as always mate The weather turned out mint after a misty start, nice day for a laxy ride, interesting encounter with the road bikes. There will be one sore fellow limping in the front door right about now asking wifey to run him a hot bath to sooth his battered body

For those not there, a group of road bikes did the Lees Valley loop, one guy on an older SR500 (I think) firstly had a minor drop/fall just out of the river, then had a spill at a fairly reasonable speed on gravel. His mint road bike is not so mint anymore All in all those road boys had a blast, full credit to them, the mad buggers

Bike
    2016 Honda Africa twin
    Made it back without any dramas. Checked the front sprocket when I got back though and it was only half on the splines..

Will make a bee line for a new fastening nut/locking washer/loctite on Monday morning.

Sweet ride though. Whats next?

Bike
    DRZ400E
    A few pics from Lees Valley...

Buddha lapping up a little hill climbing

Transalper re-bonding with his neglected Transalp

The road bike boys playing dirt bike boys

After minor technical difficulties Buddha soon discovered that the airbox was completely empty.
    We all agreed this wouldn't do, so we filled it up with sand, stones and grass and away she went again

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Could do a lap of the Waimak up one side to the gorge and back the other side. Other than that we have to go further afield or do some more of the Peninsula options.
    I'm running short on fuel money and time now.

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    The transalp is still looking good there mate, loved the bit about filling the airbox....

Thread Information