Page 7 of 195 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    .....I couldn't get anything with a motor in it up the stairs and round the 90° turn to get thru the door.
    That sounds like a challenge - I reckon the KLX might make it
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    800XC

Wink Don't tell the wife.............but

anyone want to get out of town for a morning or afternoon tomorrow (lees valley or waimak or something else along the same lines)
    Cheers Crim

Bike
    1999 klx250r
    if only i could get the day off...

unless afternoon includes after 4 or 5 :P then im keen

or fri/sat/sun...

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    anyone want to get out of town for a morning or afternoon tomorrow (lees valley or waimak or something else along the same lines)
    Cheers Crim
    Was just about to have a look over some maps to choose a route and plan a ride. It will be an overnighter though, will your missus notice if you make a cardboard cutout of yourself and sit it on the couch for a couple of days?

Two options that spring to mind are:

a) Saturday: Rainbow Road, then up and over to Lake Rotoiti to camp the night. Sunday head accross the top of Lake Rotoroa via Porika Track, Braeburn Track, Maruia Saddle, back to Chch

b) Saturday: Waitahu River track (condition is apparently quite gnarly at the moment so should be fun) and stay at Montgomerie Hut, Sunday Big River, then back to Chch

Looks like there are a couple of starters already, any other takers?

Bike
    800XC
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post
    will your missus notice if you make a cardboard cutout of yourself and sit it on the couch for a couple of days?
    Course she would, silly.................. now if I laid that cut out down on the couch ..........

don't know if I would be up for that one sadly - wife and kids are back in town Friday night - kids back at school Monday

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Given my current state of affairs and ridiculous work hours for the past couple of weeks I selfishly snuck out for a quick squirt on the 450 up the Waimak south bank this evening. You fellas should go and have a look at the new 8km loop track upstream of Weedons Ross Rd. Nothing to knarly but a great place to improve the off road skills. All pretty simple but watch out for the sharp (almost vertical in places) drops offs. They can all be rolled over but a quick twist of the wrist will see you wheeling off them = riding god or impressive stack. I'd have taken the 950 around it so it's not to difficult.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F
    Was just about to have a look over some maps to choose a route and plan a ride. It will be an overnighter though, will your missus notice if you make a cardboard cutout of yourself and sit it on the couch for a couple of days?

Two options that spring to mind are:

a) Saturday: Rainbow Road, then up and over to Lake Rotoiti to camp the night. Sunday head accross the top of Lake Rotoroa via Porika Track, Braeburn Track, Maruia Saddle, back to Chch

b) Saturday: Waitahu River track (condition is apparently quite gnarly at the moment so should be fun) and stay at Montgomerie Hut, Sunday Big River, then back to Chch

Looks like there are a couple of starters already, any other takers?
    Hmm I'm keen to come and play, bike is all back together and running so looking for a decent ride to fully break it in.
    My preference would be to combine both options into a 3day ride, I am off Friday and Monday so either would suit???
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends!

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F
    Cheers Crim
    Hey Crim, did you get out today at all? I'd be keen for a ride tomorrow if you are still free
    Rgds Matt

Bike
    800XC
    G'day Matt,
    Yep did get out - up the North and down the South bank , a good day - great stress relief feeling the wind blowing through your hair (or trying to force it's way noisily between helmet and bald patch in my case), got home and pulled into garage and saw my "bigger" tool kit that I had left on the floor with the smaller one it was replacing so thank god I was riding the KLR and not a DR!
    I am going North tomorrow to meet the Whanau for tea on their way back to quake central but could sneak out for a quick morning / early afternoon ride
    Crim

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F
    G'day Matt,
    Yep did get out - up the North and down the South bank , a good day - great stress relief feeling the wind blowing through your hair (or trying to force it's way noisily between helmet and bald patch in my case), got home and pulled into garage and saw my "bigger" tool kit that I had left on the floor with the smaller one it was replacing so thank god I was riding the KLR and not a DR!
    I am going North tomorrow to meet the Whanau for tea on their way back to quake central but could sneak out for a quick morning / early afternoon ride
    Crim
    What time you need to be home by?
    I'm free once I have dropped off the kids to school (first day back). We could do Okuku or Banks Peninsula?
    Just need to swap over wheels ie: supermoto to dirt
    Cheers Matt

Bike
    800XC
    plenty of time to do Lees Valley / Okuku - don't have to meet them till 5.30 in Amberley - meet North somewhere? 9.30 or 10 - what about chainsawbike with the KLX 250 - you keen?

Bike
    1999 klx250r
    im keen yes... but i have work till 4pm

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsdakar View Post
    Hmm I'm keen to come and play, bike is all back together and running so looking for a decent ride to fully break it in.
    My preference would be to combine both options into a 3day ride, I am off Friday and Monday so either would suit???
    Sounds good mate, how about we go for Sat, Sun, Mon, that way for those that can only do the weekend they can join us on Sat and Sun.

How does this sound:

Saturday: Rainbow Road, then up and over to Lake Rotoiti to camp the night, and of course go for an evening fish

Sunday: Head accross the top of Lake Rotoroa via Porika Track, Braeburn Track, Maruia Saddle, head to Reefton, grab a bite to eat then up the Waitahu River track. Go for a walk up the Montgomerie River for a fish Stay the night in Montgomerie Hut

Monday : Head back out Waitahu River track, grab a bite to eat in Reefton, then shoot up Big River Road, head back out, then return to Chch

How does that sound?

Bike
    800XC

Unhappy Jealous as a jealous thing..........

Matt looks like you have got a great ride lining up Sat through Monday with Josh (sorry, meant Dave) so thinking you may pull the plug on tomorrow??? - no worries from here, mate, as I got my fix today - easy either way

Bike
    1999 klx250r

Support

Sounds good mate, how about we go for Sat, Sun, Mon, that way for those that can only do the weekend they can join us on Sat and Sun.

How does this sound:

Saturday: Rainbow Road, then up and over to Lake Rotoiti to camp the night, and of course go for an evening fish

Sunday: Head accross the top of Lake Rotoroa via Porika Track, Braeburn Track, Maruia Saddle, head to Reefton, grab a bite to eat then up the Waitahu River track. Go for a walk up the Montgomerie River for a fish Stay the night in Montgomerie Hut

Monday : Head back out Waitahu River track, grab a bite to eat in Reefton, then shoot up Big River Road, head back out, then return to Chch

How does that sound?
    im keen for the weekend part of the trip ...work on monday

Thread Information