Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tossers costing us ACC levies

Bike
    2004 Suzuki 650 - Motard conversion

Tossers costing us ACC levies

What is it with all those brain dead riders who kit up in T shirt, shorts and jandals when they ride - that's got to be a big contibutor to the medical and ACC vosts when they finally bite the tarseal (and they will)? I have taken to hunting them down and thanking them for being a @#%$wit and costing me heaps.

If the cops want to revenue hunt simply make it a $1,000 fine - the cops will meet budget within a week I reckon

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Yep. What he said
    "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it." -- Erwin Schrodinger talking about quantum mechanics.

Bike
    my little pony
    $1,000 fine for what ?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMotard View Post
    What is it with all those brain dead riders who kit up in T shirt, shorts and jandals when they ride - that's got to be a big contibutor to the medical and ACC vosts when they finally bite the tarseal (and they will)? I have taken to hunting them down and thanking them for being a @#%$wit and costing me heaps.
    I think you will find it is the people who crash and get injured that are costing you heaps, and that has nothing to do with what they are wearing. Why not just go up to every rider and abuse them ? Surely they are all going to crash at some point and add to your burden.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Berries is on to it. It's not them, it's people like me.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    SF
    Should we make gear compulsory? Will someone then have to certify what gear meets NZ standards? Who makes these standards and who inspects gears to see if they meet the standards? Who pays the people that maintain the system?

Should we have another ATGATT thread? What if they aren't wearing ATGATT but know the secret KB wave?

Bike
    Sold
    Why can't riders with safe riding history be given some kind of rebate for their exemplary safe record?

I mean they (ACC) already do that in industry, safe industrial sites pay less ACC!

Probably cost too much to administer and check but hey we are asking for suggestions on how to get our costs down.

Instead of attacking the unsafe (which is probably unsafe anyway) let the safe get recognised for being safe.

What we need is some balance from ACC!

Edit: Then again they could return to the principals of the Woodhouse report and do it properly but they won't do that!

Bike
    SF
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Why can't riders with safe riding history be given some kind of rebate for their exemplary safe record?

I mean they (ACC) already do that in industry, safe industrial sites pay less ACC!

Probably cost too much to administer and check but hey we are asking for suggestions on how to get our costs down.

Instead of attacking the unsafe (which is probably unsafe anyway) let the safe get recognised for being safe.

What we need is some balance from ACC!
    Do you mean some kind of 'no claims discount'? Kinda akin to a private insurance company?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    Do you mean some kind of 'no claims discount'? Kinda akin to a private insurance company?
    Well as long as these guy's are in there we are stuck with that principal I spose!

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    Fine for not wearing at minimum a long sleeved top and gloves of some description. Sounds easy to me

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it." -- Erwin Schrodinger talking about quantum mechanics.

Bike
    my little pony
    Maybe they should be fined for being braindead, that would cover alot of instances without specific laws being passed.
    Would that be one fine or concurrent while they consume oxygen.

Bike
    Tbird
    Fuck sure get sick of wankers bleating on about what they think other ppl should or should not do/ wear. Get the fuck over it and look after yourself

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Those who ride with minimal gear on are probably the same people who do all sorts of dumb risky shit but work on the 9 times out of 10 I"ll-be-right principle. Everyone is convinced there is nothing wrong with what they're doing, despite risk factors, until the brown kaka hits the fan. Or the road in this case.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    RGV250
    One could argue that those riding around in shorts and T shirt are likely to be More careful in their riding, as they feel more vulnerable than those riding round in ‘Protect me from anything’ standard cotton jeans and long sleeved wind breaker.

Thread Information