Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tossers costing us ACC levies

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    ........and some of us are even fat....

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    oh.. I thought it was the lack of comardary and general idea that NZders like taking it up the arse that was pushing costs up. We came.. we shouted bullshit.. and they do what they always would have done anyhow.......

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    Kate
    The first full ATGATT made me feel like a knight in my protective armour, delusional I know. Proved it wasn't the prefect protection in the first accident too, the ATGATT saved my skin but its not magic.
    I think the guy that followed me the other day in T-shirt, jean shorts and 'slippers' on his red Ninja 250 needs educating but I don't think his freedom to do so should be legislated away

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMotard View Post
    when they finally bite the tarseal (and they will)? I have taken to hunting them down and thanking them for being a @#%$wit and costing me heaps.
    Well well......
    doesn't the world look simple to Helen's offspring......
    You try hunting me down if you got the balls...
    Acc will be paying allright, but not for me.
    I ride as I please, where I please and how I please.
    Acc paid fuck all for me, and my attire doesn't make me crash.
    I do kit up when I feel like it, and ride with fuck all at other times.
    Beancounters should drive F'ckn Corollas or Zimmerframes.
    Get a life.
    One of your own preferably...
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    my little pony
    Unless you go to hospital in an ambulance ACC won't pick up the tab, because if you go to outpatients to get your skin fixed up you will not hang around for the service (or lack of) and you will go to your GP.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    Unless you go to hospital in an ambulance ACC won't pick up the tab, because if you go to outpatients to get your skin fixed up you will not hang around for the service (or lack of) and you will go to your GP.
    This is the bit where someone makes a pithy comment about NZers not understanding how ACC works, let alone knowing what they'll be missing when it's gone.

But I can't be bothered. Someone else do it.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    my little pony
    It also sorts out those that don't think medical insurance is worth it.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMotard View Post
    What is it with all those brain dead riders who kit up in T shirt, shorts and jandals when they ride - that's got to be a big contibutor to the medical and ACC vosts when they finally bite the tarseal (and they will)? I have taken to hunting them down and thanking them for being a @#%$wit and costing me heaps.

If the cops want to revenue hunt simply make it a $1,000 fine - the cops will meet budget within a week I reckon

You've got nothing to back up your claims that they're costing you heaps, squids on sprotsbikes are probably costing you more

So they choose to wear the minimum gear required by law, well here's some news for you, dumb as it may be that's all they're required to do
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    It also sorts out those that don't think medical insurance is worth it.
    You still missed the point I see.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    You still missed the point I see.
    Well as I have not ridden recklessly and been outsmarted by a sheep and have had multiple head injuries through not being able to handle a motorcycle I would not know the ins and outs of ACC like you.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Well as I have not ridden recklessly and been outsmarted by a sheep and have had multiple head injuries through not being able to handle a motorcycle I would not know the ins and outs of ACC like you.
    But now we know the stuff you're made of.

Bike
    my little pony
    But now we know the stuff you're made of.
    Right, but it doesn't really acheive anything though does it.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Why not just go up to every rider and abuse them ? Surely they are all going to crash at some point and add to your burden.
    I think he does I cant find the thread, but there was a fella complaining about being accosted regarding what he was wearing in the last few days

Berries is on to it. It's not them, it's people like me.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    Should we have another ATGATT thread?
    They dont work, much like bleating about not being waved to

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Edit: Then again they could return to the principals of the Woodhouse report and do it properly but they won't do that!
    Far too simple...

Quote Originally Posted by spookytooth View Post
    Get the fuck over it and look after yourself
    And that is the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by RideLife View Post
    One could argue that those riding around in shorts and T shirt are likely to be More careful in their riding, as they feel more vulnerable than those riding round in ‘Protect me from anything’ standard cotton jeans and long sleeved wind breaker.
    There is that school of thought.

Be really aware that unless you call an ambulance with in 24hours of the original injury, that they have accepted your claim for, regardless of how sick you actually are, they wont even pay for that

But I can't be bothered. Someone else do it.
    I would but...

Geeze, that is a bit off.

I took a pill prescribed by my GP to lower my blood pressure. Turns out I was allergic to it, my auto immune system spat the dummy eventually. Took a few days to get really sick, treatment at Whitecross and GPs did not cut it. I almost died, a couple of times. I know more about ACC than most as a result. I did not realise you were so offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Why can't riders with safe riding history be given some kind of rebate for their exemplary safe record?

I mean they (ACC) already do that in industry, safe industrial sites pay less ACC!

Probably cost too much to administer and check but hey we are asking for suggestions on how to get our costs down.

Instead of attacking the unsafe (which is probably unsafe anyway) let the safe get recognised for being safe.

What we need is some balance from ACC!

Edit: Then again they could return to the principals of the Woodhouse report and do it properly but they won't do that!
    They would probably like that idea, but would add "incorrect safety equipment" to the offence notice. Adding to the cost of the fine.

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Geeze, that is a bit off.
    normally couldn't bothered with him, but what did he expect?, he can slacken his head bandage now and be happy.

Thread Information