Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tossers costing us ACC levies

Bike
    all sorts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    Should we make gear compulsory? Will someone then have to certify what gear meets NZ standards? Who makes these standards and who inspects gears to see if they meet the standards? Who pays the people that maintain the system?

Should we have another ATGATT thread? What if they aren't wearing ATGATT but know the secret KB wave?
    what he said ^
    He who makes a beast out of himself
    Gets rid of the pain of being a man

Bike
    Nada

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    ... needs educating but I don't think his freedom to do so should be legislated away
    This I do agree with

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Once again Drew, you make the mistake of equating good riding with getting from A to B in the shortest possible time.

I live for the day that we start to recognise the idea that good riding equates to not having accidents.
    Read what I bloody quoted man. He said that Jim couldn't HANDLE a motorcycle. I am pointing out that he can, and better than most.

His attitude toward safety never came up, so piss off.

Bike
    1991 Kawasaki ZXR400L1
    I ride in shorts and T-shirt regularly. Of course not all the time but if I'm just going up to the shops, gym, mates place or blowing out the cobwebs then yep. I'd even wear jandals if it weren't for the fact that changing gears with my toes kinda hurts.

If I'm going on the motorway then minimum of trousers and leather jacket (gloves optional).

However if I'm going for a blat down SH22 or out of town then its full on race leathers, boots, armoured gloves and back protector.

This is all completely legal. If anyone has a problem with this then you really need to be taking it up with your MP, not acosting law abiding citizens over delusions of some imaginary monetary loss you believe they're about to cause you.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    Should have known someone would....
    Definately a cow....damn thing just walked off into the night without even a limp. Bastard!

been there done that... not nice... I decided I am not going to do that again... ;-)

Bike
    750 auw
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoon View Post
    This is all completely legal. If anyone has a problem with this then you really need to be taking it up with your MP, not acosting law abiding citizens over delusions of some imaginary monetary loss you believe they're about to cause you.
    Lol! They're probably the same people who complain about the mormons or JW's knocking on their door and trying to preach to them.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    I wont ride in shorts and a T shirt because, well, because I is fat.....

Bike
    Modified 2014 Bonnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    I wont ride in shorts and a T shirt because, well, because I is fat.....
    Phew glad to hear it would put me off me grub...

IMHO as long as we argue about what is safe and what is right we are never going to get anywhere, as has been posted already divide and conquer. I wonder if Dick Stiff gets this stuff sent to him when he is feeling a bit low, must give him a laugh and perk him up no end.

My personal opinion is I wear ATGATT, I have seen gravel rash and its long term effects, not nice and I am too chicken to risk it, others have different opinions, I look at guys riding in shrts etc. on hot days and think two things - 1) daft buggers a spill is gonna really hurt, and 2) lucky buggers, bet you ain't as hot and sweaty as me!
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
    C.S. Lewis

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    As a dr in London , used to spend most of the summer fanging around on a Cx , in jeans and tee shirt .... oh and we fell off

The problem is ? nope cant see one ... oh wait yes I can ....Acc is costing a packet and we have ordered a bucket of soured grapes

wear a tee shirt , fall off it hurts... thats it ...period ..

Nick smith put your Acc up , not me

I heard Nick is a better listener

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    helmets should not be compulsory.

We need a quicker way to kill the fuckers off.
    well, that is one aproach

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I live for the day that we start to recognise the idea that good riding equates to not having accidents.
    Not gonna happen for as long as supertestosterone lads are allowed to ride. comes with old age I think
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Thread Information