Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be required to wear more than just a helmet...

Bike
    '93 Sportster Custom
    Blog Entries

You should be required to wear more than just a helmet...

why is it only required to wear a helmet when riding? If ACC were so concerned about us hurting ourselves, then why can you ride round on a R1 with shorts jandels and a helmet on?

SURELY there should be some sort of requirement to wear protective gear more than a helmet anyway.... I mean it's similer to sitting on the roof of a car driving down the motorway.

Or at least you could choose a option where you ride in proper motorcycle attire, then you pay less? But if you get pulled over and your reg states you should and your not... then you get fined...

I dunno endless arguement i guess, like i always thought if you crash your car/bike whilst pissed then fuck you, you aint getting any acc or special medical shit, the government will keep you alive like it humanitarily has to do, but at the end of the day, you fucked up =, why should we all have to pay extra for that?
    When the flag drops, the bullshit stops.

Bike
    SF
    Right, so make gear mandatory. This gear must be defined and must meet a particular NZ standard. Who decides the standard? The government? ACC?
    Who pays for the committee who decides the standard? Tax? ACC?
    Who checks that the gear remains up to standard? WOF testers? ACC? Government officials?

Man, I've got deja vu today

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinon View Post
    why is it only required to wear a helmet when riding? If ACC were so concerned about us hurting ourselves, then why can you ride round on a R1 with shorts jandels and a helmet on?

SURELY there should be some sort of requirement to wear protective gear more than a helmet anyway.... I mean it's similer to sitting on the roof of a car driving down the motorway.

Or at least you could choose a option where you ride in proper motorcycle attire, then you pay less? But if you get pulled over and your reg states you should and your not... then you get fined...

I dunno endless arguement i guess, like i always thought if you crash your car/bike whilst pissed then fuck you, you aint getting any acc or special medical shit, the government will keep you alive like it humanitarily has to do, but at the end of the day, you fucked up =, why should we all have to pay extra for that?
    As you pointed out, you only need a helmet to ride, the law also states that you have to cover your dangly bits if your a male, females don't even have to do that
    you can choose the option of wearing 'proper motorcycle attire'.... the question is, what is it?
    A full leather suit on an R1 makes some kind of sense, but to a farmer riding his bike around it makes no sense @ all. The girl riding her scooter to work in the city has little need for a full leather suit either.
    What would happen if we suddenly had to comply with yet another compulsory regulation from those that would try to protect us from ourselves??? We live in a nanny state now, don't make it worse by telling others what they should be wearing to ride. If someone wants to nip up the shop on his R1 in a helmet & thong then let them,I'll be the first to laugh when they fall off & have road rash
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    why should we all have to pay extra for that?
    So you want service quality to be based on what each individual pays?

Excellent. I’d like a huge rebate please.

Oh, WRT compulsory apparel. Fuck off. Again.

Further.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    As I keep saying Bubblewrap should be compulsory for everyone - all the time!! Life's dangerous out there

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    As you pointed out, you only need a helmet to ride, the law also states that you have to cover your dangly bits if your a male, females don't even have to do that
    you can choose the option of wearing 'proper motorcycle attire'.... the question is, what is it?
    A full leather suit on an R1 makes some kind of sense, but to a farmer riding his bike around it makes no sense @ all. The girl riding her scooter to work in the city has little need for a full leather suit either.
    What would happen if we suddenly had to comply with yet another compulsory regulation from those that would try to protect us from ourselves??? We live in a nanny state now, don't make it worse by telling others what they should be wearing to ride. If someone wants to nip up the shop on his R1 in a helmet & thong then let them,I'll be the first to laugh when they fall off & have road rash
    What law says I have to cover the dangly bits? I got my bike, licence and helmit, its all I need by law.
    I choose ATGATT cause i value my skin, changing gears without boots hurts, insects hitting you hurt, etc

Bike
    SF
    For the people who ride naked apart from a helmet, where do you keep your licence?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Because falling off is not an inevitability, hell, if you ride with your head right, there is only the most remote chance that will happen. Also, Gandalf hasn't finished making my magical protect-against-all riding gear
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    For the people who ride naked apart from a helmet, where do you keep your licence?
    in a natural pocket

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    What law says I have to cover the dangly bits? I got my bike, licence and helmit, its all I need by law.
    I choose ATGATT cause i value my skin, changing gears without boots hurts, insects hitting you hurt, etc
    The law that states that leaving your dangly bits to wave in the breeze is indecent exposure . As wimmin don't have said dangly bits (well most anyway) they can ride totally naked apart from the helmet
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    The law that states that leaving your dangly bits to wave in the breeze is indecent exposure . As wimmin don't have said dangly bits (well most anyway) they can ride totally naked apart from the helmet
    Built in air bags for the extra safety rating.

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Gandalf hasn't finished making my magical protect-against-all riding gear
    So you have ordered a mithril suit too? Taking bloody ages to arrive.
    Hobbits might be reliable but they don't make for quick courier services.

Bike
    Kate
    Oh I now understand your problem. There is no law on indecent exposure. Was replaced years ago. Offensive behaviour law now covers it if you don't, which is subjective. anyhows this is so

Bike
    SF
    The law that states that leaving your dangly bits to wave in the breeze ...
    Someone always has to bring up waving

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    Someone always has to bring up waving
    Oh is that what the KB wave is?

Thread Information