Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OIA to MSAC 10 Mar 11

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries

OIA to MSAC 10 Mar 11

Ok, so I’m the youngest of seven children and was consistently picked on by my siblings. The net effect of this was me growing up always fighting for the under dog and never taking no for an answer.

So, What’s this got to do with the MSAC and MSL I hear you ask?

As a motorcyclist I choose not to belong to groups like BRONZ, MAG or sadly as I’m not a chickie WIMA. There are a number of reasons for my choice and while these groups may be great for some, and I mean no disrespect to individuals within the groups, as a collective body they are and have to date been ineffective in shaping the landscape in relation to road safety.

Like so many, possibly thousands of other riders who choose not to belong and remain independents, I believe we will be ignored by the newly established MSAC. Even though I want to remain an independent I like so many others want a voice or at least the ability to contribute as independents.

So like the youngest child I intend to stand up against the siblings and fight using tactics and a strategy that will a level the playing field. Whilst I may not have the strength in numbers I’ll ensure that I as an independent I’ll hold the MSAC to account.

In reality the MSL may never go away no mater who Governs, however if I can lessen the impact I will try and I would encourage other independents and the key groups to keep your foot firmly planted across their throats. This is about us, about what we enjoy, about our rights not entitlements, about our safety – take control and stand up.

No I don’t have a chip on my shoulder –honest, I don’t!!!. Just a pissed off and disappointed rider.

Phase one of my strategy is to lodge an OIA which I have attached. This was handed to ACC this morning. I will continue to keep this thread live with updates as I get them.

Remember – No means No.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OIA MSAC.pdf  

Bike
    None any more
    I've read your so-called Official Information Act request and am completely none-the-wiser about what it is you want to know or what your end-game is.

One thing that is certain is that in less than one month, you will receive a letter that outlines a whole bunch of stuff that you could have downloaded yourself off the Internet.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    I've read your so-called Official Information Act request and am completely none-the-wiser about what it is you want to know or what your end-game is.

One thing that is certain is that in less than one month, you will receive a letter that outlines a whole bunch of stuff that you could have downloaded yourself off the Internet.
    Great stuff . Can you please forward me their forecast expenditure I seem to be struggling to locate it on the net? I'd love to know what they are being paid, how much they have allocated for travel, research etc?

But hey I may have missed that in my google search.

I have a plan be sure of that.

Bike
    None any more
    It's only a recently established organisation. Some of the data you seek may not yet have been determined.

If you want to be cute and play a game that involves waiting a month between your questions and answers from a faceless bureaucrat, then by all means go for it. Myself, I'd rather watch the lawn grow, preferring to ask my hard questions to Gareth Morgan right from the beginning.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by rustic101 View Post
    Even though I want to remain an independent I like so many others want a voice or at least the ability to contribute as independents.
    Perhaps you need to seriously reassess where that voice needs to be directed.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries

Do you care to share the link for that download?
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    Do you care to share the link for that download?
    If people used the right acronyms, they may have more luck Googling things. It's the MSLAC, rather than whatever the OP thinks it is. http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/gareth-...group-nn-84060

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That's part of the problem... Information provided on here and other sites quite clearly states MSAC.

Transparency is a wonderful thing and as I refer in my OIA information to date is either generic or a mix of half 'well I heard'.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    If people used the right acronyms, they may have more luck Googling things. It's the MSLAC, rather than whatever the OP thinks it is. http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/gareth-...group-nn-84060
    NBR is hardly the equivilent of the Official Information Act.

Bike
    None any more
    Look, the thing's only been going a couple of months and met probably once, twice tops. Gareth Morgan is a decent straight-up-and-down bloke who is no slug when it comes to communicating. When they make decisions, I'm sure that they will share them. They may well even engage in a bit of consultation. Not everybody's going to agree with what they decide. Appointed directors will probably get reimbursed for meeting costs, but it's a Government agency, so they won't get rich participating.

And even the BDOTGNZA struggle with acronyms.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    NBR is hardly the equivilent of the Official Information Act.
    All questions asked by reporters are technically subject to the provisions of the Official Information Act.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    This is not personal - I'm not knocking any one of the members.

The excuse of its only been a couple of months is horses arse to be honest. The back bone of the business model and everything else would have been laid out for some time. Dr Morgan was appoint as Chair for a reason, his business acumen part of that is a communication plan and strategy.

At a minimum there should be communications published stating fact and should not have me rely on read post from MLSAC member's or their friends on here. i.e

Currently the committe is at xy and z point.

Not hard really is it?
    Last edited by rustic101; 12th March 2011 at 13:24. Reason: Edited to correct statement

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, well I had a read of it too. I'm about as clear on it as Hitcher. Good luck with your OIA request.

You may be waiting a while to get the results of it though.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Mot...ient=firefox-a

Only returns links to the same 21 Jan press release that we have all already seen. The allusion in your previous post was that there was information that could readily be downloaded.

Apparently we are to believe that there have been additions made to the council since that press release was made, and that roles within the council have been assigned.

Six weeks since the initial fanfare trumpeted Nick Smith's glory to the world and naught but rumour and innuendo since.

It may be too much to expect that a new government adjunct would use the e-government portal, that was set up at the expense of the tax payer, to provide such documentation as meeting minutes and agenda, however I feel that the communications working group could be doing a little more.
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Yeah, well I had a read of it too. I'm about as clear on it as Hitcher. Good luck with your OIA request.

You may be waiting a while to get the results of it though.
    I guess you see or comprehend what you want to see or comprehend - no surprise there

That aside its very clear what I have requested. Perhaps the 2nd paragraph unnerved you, who knows?

Its all part of a bigger plan

Thread Information