Thread: 08 Saki Ninga advice

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki 250R

08 Saki Ninga advice

Hi All, Just purchased a 08 ninj 250, Will be taking it in asap for full service e.c.t, but just wondering if there are any aother ninja riders around that may know of anything to pay particular attn. to. bike has 6800 thou k's. Just thought there might be something that could cause trouble one should pay attn. to.

Cheers

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Nothing Ninja 250 specific. Just make sure all the lights work, oil is topped up, coolant is topped up, plenty of brake pads and tyre tread left. etc.

Bike
    2009, Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by spooltech View Post
    Hi All, Just purchased a 08 ninj 250, Will be taking it in asap for full service e.c.t, but just wondering if there are any aother ninja riders around that may know of anything to pay particular attn. to. bike has 6800 thou k's. Just thought there might be something that could cause trouble one should pay attn. to.

Cheers
    Bought mine at 2800 km back mid November. All I've done is change the oil once, put on a new rear tyre and tis about to tick over to 10000km (new oil filter time). They don't miss beats, very simple machines. Take out your carbs and clean em if you want to be thorough

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Take out your carbs and clean em if you want to be thorough
    Yeah. Don't do this.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki 250R
    Cheers, Yea heard they are rather bullet proof to a degree, just wanted to make sure there wasnt a niggle on them that deserved special attn. hadnt found 1 yet hence buying the bike , Very happy with it, Well for a first bike anywho

* Apart from headlight going out of adjustment according to first owner which is apparentley commen......* Not going to lose sleep over that one though

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyer View Post
    Yeah. Don't do this.
    Why not?! I always planned to get around to it at some point... Is it not a good thing to do?

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Bought mine at 2800 km back mid November. All I've done is change the oil once, put on a new rear tyre and tis about to tick over to 10000km (new oil filter time). They don't miss beats, very simple machines. Take out your carbs and clean em if you want to be thorough

Yea, messed round with carbs of that with 4 wheels, but might leave that 1 up to the pros if it seemed to be an issue.... lol. On that note, Anyone know much about the jet kits for these bikes? just looking at getting a yoshi pipe and heard its something good to do at same time (apparently.. or is that a marketing ploy). Yes yes its only a 250...... but the factory pipe does leave a little to be desired......

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki 250R
    Also, Fella told me it had a factory immob.?? Anyone verify? as dont seem to be the case from what I can see/find........,

* As in insurence worthy *

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    You will definitely want to tune your carbs if you are getting a yoshi.
    Just so it doesn't run even worse.
    See here: http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_...uretor_jetting

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    How many is six thousand eight hundred thousand?

Bike
    Yea, messed round with carbs of that with 4 wheels, but might leave that 1 up to the pros if it seemed to be an issue.... lol. On that note, Anyone know much about the jet kits for these bikes? just looking at getting a yoshi pipe and heard its something good to do at same time (apparently.. or is that a marketing ploy). Yes yes its only a 250...... but the factory pipe does leave a little to be desired......
    I don't know if they're worth it, depends how much you're willing to fork out for only small improvements when really if you want more speed you'd be better going for the hey days of 250s and get a ZXR250 or a CBR250rr.

Mine came with a Yoshi pipe and jet kit. So I don't know what it's like without, but I doubt you'd get more than an extra horse out of a tip and jetting. Don't think I would have ever added them if I bought the bike without. Though she does sound niiice.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    I've owned a 09 Ninja 250 and they are pretty much bullet proof. Awesome bikes...good purchase.

If you want a new pipe for looks and sound then all good, but don't spend all that money expecting a performance upgrade. It's a good idea to re-jet the carbs (i.e. raise the needles) as your bike will be running very lean with a new pipe (they tune them very lean from the factory anyway).

Jetting carbs though is trial and error. The setup for one bike will not necessarily be the best for another and it might take a couple of goes to get the right setting. Unless your mechanically inclined you'll need to take it into a dealer.

Thread Information