Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Strikes Protest Run, 5 May

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    When are some of you going to realise that driving in NZ is not a right.
    As in most countries that derive their laws from English law,every New Zealander has the right to use the Queen's highway,unimpeded.

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcrocodile46 View Post
    That's how I see it. The approach being promoted (as presented in the announcement) doesn't engender support. It gives the appearance that supporters are a bunch of whiney arses that can't present a credible argument to justify all the pouting. Stoney was right when he inferred that the waters are muddied when tackling too many issues at once.

There is only one aspect of the debate that I see as worthy of my time and effort to protest (for a multitude of reasons) and that is the grossly unfair double,triple/quadruple dipping by way of applying levies on multiple vehicles (bikes or cars).

If potential supporters disagree with one or more of many issues that are promoted as being protested then they are unlikely to provide support by attending the one or two issues that actually warrant all the fuss.

User pays, higher risk = higher premium. No point in crying about it. HTFU

My 2 cents.
    If you want to see whiney arses,go to KB where you'll find plenty that'll give you every reason to not stand up for themselves so they can rationalise their gutless attitudes

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    As in most countries that derive their laws from English law,every New Zealander has the right to use the Queen's highway,unimpeded.
    .. and the Queens Highwaymen have the right to collect taxes unimpeded.

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    yep, but to drive on it is going to cost you money.

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    If you want to see whiney arses,go to KB where you'll find plenty that'll give you every reason to not stand up for themselves so they can rationalise their gutless attitudes
    Are you sure you aren't confusing them with people who have made a conscious decision that they are not sheep to be manipulated by barking dogs?

Isn't it wonderfully convenient that people who openly voice their disagreement with the stance of the ignorant, are adjudged by the ignorant as too scared to speak their mind. Not it ain't a question, it's an observation of facts.
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Pizza for cat?

you noobs voted national in anyways, so there you go!

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    Pizza for cat?

you noobs voted national in anyways, so there you go!

Not I, said the cat.
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    1986 Honda Goldwing aspencade GL1200
    While I applaud, and agree, (apart from paragraph 2) with the protest, but I think you may be going off a bit half cocked.

Its worth remembering, that you are trying to change the minds, of some hard nosed arseholes, who really don’t give two shits whether we have legitimate grievances or not. They only know that at this stage, they hold the upper hand, and as long as smith doesn’t fold, it will stay that way.

As I see it, there are two ways to bring about change.

1. Create a protest, so big, it will put their jobs on the line.

2. Cut off the currency flow.

In respect to number 1, and this protest, 3 main city protests nationwide, will do nothing to worry, or change the minds of the political, and corporate identities. Its needs to be nationwide, pulling in every provincial city, town etc.

As for number two, I have no friggin idea, some folks a lot cleverer than me might know of a way.

Now, I’m not trying to knock this protest, I think its great, but maybe a little more thought is needed?

Bike
    2012, H-D, FXDF Fat Bob
    Personally I believe the politicians will continue to beat us as we allow them to divide and conquer. We need to stand together. Yes I am pissed about the cost of rego for my bike but I'm more pissed by fact that rego on my ute and van are both neatly 3 x the cost of the rego on my car even tho they are all registered as private motor vehicles. There are only two of us in my household and we can't drive/ride 4 vehicles at the same time.

We need to get all those that own multiple vehicles onto this. Those with rods, play cars such as Mustangs etc are all getting ripped off. We are getting bogged down on the amount we as bikers are paying. The amount is irrelevant. the key thing is we are all being raped by the ACC system.
    David
    HD Fat Bob for Stress Relief

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiam View Post
    Personally I believe the politicians will continue to beat us as we allow them to divide and conquer. We need to stand together. Yes I am pissed about the cost of rego for my bike but I'm more pissed by fact that rego on my ute and van are both neatly 3 x the cost of the rego on my car even tho they are all registered as private motor vehicles. There are only two of us in my household and we can't drive/ride 4 vehicles at the same time.

We need to get all those that own multiple vehicles onto this. Those with rods, play cars such as Mustangs etc are all getting ripped off. We are getting bogged down on the amount we as bikers are paying. The amount is irrelevant. the key thing is we are all being raped by the ACC system.
    Is your ute and van diesel?

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries

You are correct, we were used as a smoke screen by Nick Smith & his mates & they slipped the higher fee's for utes & vans in without opposition. Sadly the AA are not interested & the Hot rod clubs are basically toothless. I would have thought the commercial vehicle owners would have kicked up a stink, but the are factionalised & have no organisation.

The government have picked on a series of relatively small groups & nailed them quite effectively. Motorcycles,scooters, utes, vans, light trucks. all have had an increase in their Registrations due to the increases in ACC levies. The ONLY group to make some noise was the motorcyclists, the rest just bent over & accepted that they had been screwed up the arse!

What made this even better was that MOST ute & van owners didn't realise that they had been screwed over until they had to renew the registration on their vehicles. By then it was too late to do anything except cry about it

Is your ute and van diesel?
    doesn't matter, the Rego is up on both & by MORE than we pay as riders.
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    2012, H-D, FXDF Fat Bob
    Yeah both my ute and van are diesels and yeah first I realized was when i went to reregister them. I love getting reamed by politicians and beauracrats NOT
    David
    HD Fat Bob for Stress Relief

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post

doesn't matter, the Rego is up on both & by MORE than we pay as riders.
    Yeah both my ute and van are diesels and yeah first I realized was when i went to reregister them. I love getting reamed by politicians and beauracrats NOT
    Because you pay no ACC on diesel that is why the cost of rego is higher as i guess you well know.
    So i guess you are happier to have higher diesel prices but lower rego.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Because you pay no ACC on diesel that is why the cost of rego is higher as i guess you well know.
    So i guess you are happier to have higher diesel prices but lower rego.
    WRONG

Diesel is a lower price because there is no ROAD USER CHARGES built into it .
    This is why DIESEL powered vehicles have to buy RUC's as well as their registration
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Don't all go rushing out and buying a 40yr old bike, don't want them looking at those to!
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Thread Information