Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bikers' rights?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    In any society the conveyance of 'rights' onto an individual comes at the price of certain responsibilities to that society.

One of our responsibilities to society is to not ride in a manner that makes us an accident waiting to happen.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Right. I have the right to go about my business without any other fucker fucking with me. Tacit in that is the assumption that in doing so I’m not fucking with any other fuckers right to go about his business without being fucked with. Godit?

The fact that Mr ACC decided to extend the largesse of my very own money to any inadvertent fucking arising from my pursuit of said business in no way amounts to my waiving of said right. Right?

Some fuckers see my pursuit of my business as amenable to fucking with because Mr ACC decided to charge OTHER people for what THEY perceive to be the consequences of OUR collective pursuit of our business. They are as wrong as Mr ACC was in assuming that his original most generous offer gave him the right to fuck with my business in the first place.

All clear?

Good, now fuck off and play on the motorway, the lot of you.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    In any society the conveyance of 'rights' onto an individual comes at the price of certain responsibilities to that society.

One of our responsibilities to society is to not ride in a manner that makes us an accident waiting to happen.
    I prefer to think obligations ... not responsibilities ...

Under New Zealand law ... you are not allowed to profit from criminal/illegal activities ... therefore if you are injured in circumstances/activities ... that are/were illegal ... Should ACC be paid out ... ???

I recall a person in the process of escaping from prison ... injured himself badly enough (oh dear how sad) ... to get a substantial ACC payout ...

If the "NO FAULT" clause was removed ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Aye.

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way. ~Robert Frost
    "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it." -- Erwin Schrodinger talking about quantum mechanics.

Thread Information