Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triumph Speedmaster?

Bike
    05 CB1300

Triumph Speedmaster?

Any one own one and whats your thoughts on it. Thinking of getting one in near future. ( 2008 model ).
    "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Bike
    V Strom
    I'd be interested too !! And whats the comparison / difference between the speedmaster and the america?? cheers

Bike
    XR1200x, Triumph Speed Four
    There's a good comparison between the two in the Australian Motorcycle News, 5-18th January, volume 60, No. 13, page 42. If you can't find a copy PM me you can have mine.
    "Twilight's like soccer. They run around for two hours, nobody scores, and a billion fans insist you just don't understand"

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    “PHEW.....JUST MADE IT............................. UP"

Bike
    Triumph
    had a speedy,now an america, love em both.
    bar a little more stopping power on the speedy with twin discs,handling and performance on the 07 plus models is the same,so choose the one you prefer the look of.

Bike
    05 CB1300
    year i like the look off the speedy but will most likely put the america seat on so better for a pillian and i think i can take the pillian seat off and use the single seat to. get a siisy bar as well. I like the set up on this one. looks comfortable.
    "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Bike
    rocket 3
    Blog Entries
    well I had a 2005 and loved it . Got a 3 cylinder Triumph now but have fond memories of the Speedy . The only problem I had was a warped front disk , my fault never test rode it , the prev owner MUST have known (maybe he was related to katman .... ) Wife and I ticky toured all over the place , its not really designed for two up with that banana seat , you can upgrade and also get the sissy bar . Choose Speedy over America as it had twin disks and frankly i liked the blacked out look . Real perky performance , 180 k topend and handles very well , its light . Most importantly I always FELT safe on it . Be the choice for my kid when the time comes to go bigger .
    :keeping the law occupied since 1961
    Only dead fish go with the flow

Bike
    V Strom
    thanks for the info. Will go and try them out in the next couple of weeks

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by nonie View Post
    thanks for the info. Will go and try them out in the next couple of weeks
    a couple of things to note. If you're looking for a 2008 model, they differ in looks a bit from the newest models out (on both America & Speedy), plus have different wheel/tyre combos.
    In 2008 they went to fuel injection, so watch out for some 07 models sold in 08 (fuel injection is hidden in fake throttle bodies, so can look carbied).
    2008 have a bigger tank than 2007, so better range (16 v 19 litres)
    Main differences between Speedy & America, a Speedy had twin front disc, tacho, blacked engine, single seat, black mag wheel
    Shaken, not stirred in the shakey city!

Bike
    15th Anniversary Speedtriple
    I had an 06 speedmaster (dubbed the slugmaster) and I really enjoyed riding it. However, they do need more 'boogie'. I now have a triple which I absolutely love! Depending on what you want from a bike, the speedmaster is not a bad choice.
    Speeding Safely!

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I had the America back in 2004. I preferred the swept back bars to the forward reach of the Speedmaster bars. The single front brake was weak but then again the power was also soft, so it's a fair trade off.

I loved the relaxed riding position of the America. Which leads me to my point. I now have the Tiger 1050 which has a similar relaxed pull back handlebar that has to be the most comfortable bike to ride ever!

If it's a cruiser look you want then so be it. But consider the Tiger as well. Has that laid back riding position but with twice the power, twice the ground clearance, twice the braking ability, probably a better pillion seat and same tank range, all for about the same price. And it's a triple - the sound alone wins the decision
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    15 BMW S1000R
    The speedie is a great bike but I'm biased. I had a boulevard but it just didn't feel right, got the Triumph just before Xmas and haven't looked back!

They're not th quickest bike in the world bit hey, it's a cruiser so how quick do you need it to be. Really comfortable and people always stop and look at it. Apart from the twin discs there is bugger all difference between the speedie and the America, depends which one you like the look off.

Bike
    Trumpet
    I did research and looked at reviews and found the America was the better of the 2. The America has the 270-degree timing to give it a more v twin sound. However I do prefer the Speed master handle bars.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    And how hard is it to change handlebars......
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    And how hard is it to change handlebars......
    Its pretty easy, I use to change the handlebars on my raleigh 20. The hardest part is getting the bars, H bars are between $400-$500

Thread Information