Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ANPR vans

Bike
    NZ250
    Quite keen on a thread warning about the whereabouts of these things.

Fuck this revenue monitoring tech.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Won't be long before we are all micro-chipped at birth...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    '03 FXD
    Just keep one bike legal and swithch the plate to whatever you are riding and all is sweet.
    Oops did I say that?
    Of course I would never contemplate depriving Nix Myth of his fair share of my hard earned $.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    2008 Honda CB600F8 Hornet

Photography stare-down

I wonder how anxious the police would be about the photo van being photographed? As far as I can see, there is no law against it.

(I'm not advocating doing so, BTW. I was just curious what they looked like and then wondered if there might be problems with the public photographing one, even if it didn't disclose location or identify officers.)

Bike
    NZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by mvw View Post
    I wonder how anxious the police would be about the photo van being photographed? As far as I can see, there is no law against it.
    I'm sure they would shake in their booties.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by mvw View Post
    As far as I can see, there is no law against it.
    They now require permission to photograph a Police Officer - or publish the shots anyway. I had to sign a contract last time I did. I'd guess that applied to the kit too.

Not paying your bike Licence fee is a real good idea now hey. That'll show 'em!

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Won't be long before we are all micro-shipped at birth...
    A future where everyone is cubed like a Buell Blast and sent abroad!!!!! Nooooooo

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by Road kill View Post
    The time is coming where people like Scumdog an Marty an the rest his mates will be seen as the enemy by far more than just everyday criminals.
    All civilisations in the past have imploded,,,might do some more reloading this weekend
    I don't think you been on here long enough to make that call for any one except your self
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    Remember - if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.
    You ignorant fool. It's exactly that attitude that gets our freedom rescinded.

In the words if Thomas Jefferson - "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance".
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by st00ji View Post
    frankly i prefer this method to the road block version where they check every car by hand, at least if you are legal you get to just keep driving.
    You may still be driving but your essential liberty has now been revoked.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADX10R View Post
    I'm actually not that interesting. I pay my taxes and live clean.
    By whose opinion? Are you happy to relinquish all say in the definition of the above?

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    Just a slight difference me thinks.
    Maybe at the moment but this is where it's heading.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    But i think at this point in time most people have nothing to fear from big brother in NZ.
    If I thought it would stay as it is now I might agree with you. Ever heard of the boiling frog?

Bike
    2022 BMW RnineT Pure
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    You may still be driving but your essential liberty has now been revoked.
    It was revoked when the law was changed to allow the Police to apprehend and detain you with no proof of wrongdoing if you refuse a breath test. The law was also changed to allow you to be stopped without suspicion of wrong doing for a breath test at the same time.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Maybe at the moment but this is where it's heading.

That's where i know this threads needing.

Thread Information