Thread: If we complain enough?

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

If we complain enough?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10730140

Mr Tabak, who reported his crash to Auckland Transport, said he was relieved it had promised to quickly replace the white line, which was particularly slippery in wet weather.

Road corridor operations manager Andrew Allen told him in an email on Thursday that he had asked a staff member to visit the site and ensure a non-slip surface was applied "by the end of next week".

So basically cyclists complain and get action!!
    How many times have motorcyclists complined about slipping on road markings in the wet and nothing!!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    How many times have motorcyclists complined about slipping on road markings in the wet and nothing!!!
    I fell off my bike on a road marking that was slippery earlier this year. I complained and it was fixed that day.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Next time you have an off or a near miss on your motorbike because of slippery white lines, just rock on up to the council or whoever wearing flouro gear and those gay cyclists shoes and just say that you almost (did) fell off your bike and can they fix the road please. They will assume that you are riding a pushbike because of the stupid iffeminate clothes you are wearing and fix the problem straight away.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Obsolete ones.

White line menace?

I'm not sure what to think about this article. White lines are slippery in the wet, we know that, so how come packs of cyclists slipping & sliding get such prompt response?
    If the cycling community is so efficient at getting things to happen maybe we should get them on side. To a greater or lesser degree we share the same risks & do not compete for road space.
    Just a thought...

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Also it's a hell of a lot easier for a cyclist to avoid a white line than a motorcyclist.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

I'm not sure what to think about this article. White lines are slippery in the wet, we know that, so how come packs of cyclists slipping & sliding get such prompt response?
    If the cycling community is so efficient at getting things to happen maybe we should get them on side. To a greater or lesser degree we share the same risks & do not compete for road space.
    Just a thought...
    Because unfortunately we have a poorer public image than a cyclist. As much as we know and even tin top drivers know what fuckwits cyclists can be.... the public media perception over the years has built them into 'poor victims' on the road
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    ?
    Pretty sure us motorbikers are going to be a lot worse off if we slip on the paint and come off.. Just as well most of us know to watch out for that when its wet.. (I hope!)

Thread Information