Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Db1k 2012

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    You shouldn't let work get in the way of our weekend away - get your priorities right
    will ya

Feck i'm off It took me 3 goes to spell proiroriteis
    Sorry sir. Your not the only one complaining about my current time allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post
    .....My only suggestion is to have more (optional) challenge sections thrown in, maybe even the possibility of different levels of challenges with some highly technical sections for the more ambitious riders.

Aside from the number of really good riders that will be attending you just know _shrek_ won't turn down a challenge, lets give him something really gritty to tackle on his GS
    I've certainly got the message re challenge loops. And yep Shrek is speshual

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    Well that's it then. It suits K to have a southern run on the 21/22nd

I'm still very distracted by work and life at the moment so haven't spent time working on this. Keep the comments coming though fellas. I am keeping an eye on this thread.

Cheers R
    well if you need some help to check out place's or a bed etc...just
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    I plan/hope to be down for this ride again.
    I would prefer the southern route. But would probably end up at either.

Bike
    Designa Yello 2004 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post
    well if you need some help to check out place's or a bed etc...just
    Same goes here Ryan, got six beds to choose from, coupla doubles if you pick up a hot young euro lusty along the way

If you are wanting any help in the Central district lemme know or if you are looking to wonda more over to Wanaka side I would be glad to help.
    Cheers Andi & Ellen
    twomotokiwis.com
    Two Moto Kiwis Adventure Ride, May 3rd 2012 -> 20XX Prudhoe Bay Alaska -> Ushuaia Argentina -> Then Wherever We Point The Bars

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstaman View Post
    .... if you pick up a hot young euro lusty along the way ....
    Ain't I already got one

Thanks for the offer's K and A. I may well take you up. Some stuff up the hills near your place K that I want to check out. Keen to ideas over your way too A. Maybe send me a PM.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Yeah if you need any scouting of routes done I'm happy to help. Can gps map them if need be etc.

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    Yeah if you need any scouting of routes done I'm happy to help. Can gps map them if need be etc.
    we could go up the back from here when the snow has melted
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Doesn't look like there's too much, suns shining today, how about this arvo

Bike
    Designa Yello 2004 DR 650
    .... here in Wonka that would mean about a 4 minute trip ... skiers will be lovin it.

Avalanche bombing at Treble Cone today so things are booming and banging with the house rattling.
    Cheers Andi & Ellen
    twomotokiwis.com
    Two Moto Kiwis Adventure Ride, May 3rd 2012 -> 20XX Prudhoe Bay Alaska -> Ushuaia Argentina -> Then Wherever We Point The Bars

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    Thanks by no thanks. The pre rides checking out the route are the best bit of organising the DB.

Cheers R

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Damn, I now have a friends wedding happening on the 21st, can we change this to the weekend after? Puhllllleleeeeeese

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    Damn, I now have a friends wedding happening on the 21st, can we change this to the weekend after? Puhllllleleeeeeese
    If he/she was a true friend ...... they'd shift the wedding to fit in with the D.B.

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    If he/she was a true friend ...... they'd shift the wedding to fit in with the D.B.
    I told them to change the date, he said sure I just have to pay for it.
    It is a real shame, I used to quite like them, then they go ruin EVERYTHING.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki KLR650

DB1k 2012 skills needed?

Hi guys my friend and I are new to the game, we've done a couple of rides. Lees Valley, Thomsons Gorge for example and wondering if this would suit us and our bikes. He has DL650 and I have KLR650. The other Db1k held sound great and saw article in Kiwi Biker mag which looked like mint ride- So guys do think we could make the cut?

Cheers

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    The other DB1k? We are on to our 4th route and about the 6th year now, 1st 3 being all the Northern based route. The Southern route keeps evolving.
    The KLR is a great bike for doing it, comfort, distance ability, just don't ride through deep puddles when you don't need to (looked around KB enough you've probably seen the pictures).
    The DL650 is a bit soft for me (in my opnion) but in saying that I've seen them in places like Big River and I believe there was one on the DB1k last year or the year before?
    So long as you're prepaired to drop your bikes then no worries. Not saying it will happen but you must be prepaired and a lot of us do fall over at some point on the trip. Also make sure you have bash plates on them.
    The DL650 may want to avoid some of the challenge sections, but it's still a great ride either way. Tyre choice will make a difference here too, especially if it has rained recently.

Now as another stepping stone get your selves along to the CCC ride on the 6th August as posted in the 'Looking for Christchurch Adv Rides' thread starting post #223.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Thread Information