Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodhill Action Photo Session

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F

Woodhill Action Photo Session

Howdy all,

If you haven't read my other thread yet, I'm organising a photo session with our own resident and talented photographer clmintie.

This will be a day out spending time at various chosen locations at the Sand Pit, trying to capture people at their best, laying the bike over in a sandy berm, grabbing airtime in the Superbowl, popping wheelies and general larking about. Depending on how many people are keen (got a few mates that are up for it so far), this will take part or most of the day, but hopefully we'll get time to go for a propper blat or two as well.

You will be able to purchase prints of the photos off clmintie directly, i.e. 6x4, 5x7 and A4 prints at $6.50/$8.50/$22.00 +p&p respectively. Or grab a CD off him and have posters made up (he has mentioned Workshop Graphics could help here).

His rate is very reasonable, so if we get a good uptake, then it won't cost much for the day per person, I'll confirm once I get an idea of interest and numbers.

clmintie's free weekends at the moment are 6/7 August or 20/21 August, but the more people interested, the more difficult it will be to pick a day to suit all, so this may need to change if there is enough reason to.

If you are interested, chuck a message in here or PM me, let me know which dates suit and I'll keep you in the loop.

Bike
    2004 Honda CRF250R
    Sounds like a great idea. Love looking at myself hah. I'm free either of those weekends.

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Coolio! Although this is only 2 people (one other via pm) so far...

C'mon, here's your chance to get some snaps of you looking like a pro, which you can impress other halves, mates, your kids etc with... plus get a good ride in and meet a few fellow KB'ers!

You know you want to

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Just imagine logging onto your laptop at work and there is the background set as a pic of you, bike cranked over, sand flying off the rear tyre, railing that berm like the next Josh Coppins... the hot office lady/guy walks past and sees it...

"Wow, that's a cool pic, who's that?".

"Oh that? That's just me, I like to do a bit of riding now and then... "

Anyways, I've got 6 people interested so far, so this will not be an spendy exercise. For less than the price of something more expensive, you can impress all your mates and the ladies (or blokes if you're already a lady) and have some photos to cherish and pass down to family... ("Grandad/Grandma, is that you? You were cool back then!").

You know you want to join in...

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Pop and I could probably be talked into it, as long as it doesnt clash with anything else, Sunday would suit us better.
    we may just go where no ones been

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Schweet, looking like a reasonable turnout at the moment

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Right, dates...

General concensus with mates off forum is 6th/7th is a go, although I'm happy to accommodate anyone who is really keen but can't make that weekend.

I was planning to hit Mercer on the 6th, but for the greater good of the people, I'll just do that in Sept instead.

21st is no good for clmintie (can do 20th) or 10th/11th of Sept... but that is starting to drag it out and people will start losing interest.

So, 6th/7th all good? We have one preference for a Sunday, so will aim for that, unless anyone is a def no and wants a Saturday?

Bike
    2004 Honda CRF250R
    Sunday 7th is good for me.

Bike
    08 RMZ250
    Same Sunday the 7th, is a going for me as well.

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Sunday the 7th it is then!

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    So lots of love for Sunday the 7th, so all go on that front. Will organise a start time with clmintie, but I'm thinking be in the car park for 10am and we'll take if from there.

With the interest we have at the moment, we're looking at $25pp for the photo session, which will cover clminties costs and is very reasonable for a day with a photographer with his ability and gear. If there are a few no shows, I'll cover any shortfall myself, so you won't be asked for more on the day.

There will be a reasonable amount of structure for the day, probably a bit of waiting around plenty of direction from clmintie, but depending on how long it takes, there should be time for a couple of loops. Should also be a good chance to meet a few people and gain some more riding buddies.

Will be great fun!

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    this is a good idea, would like to improve on this pic http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/at...9&d=1303977954
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Interesting place to stop for a rest, but I guess when you're tired, you're tired...

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Hah, im in that photo too
    we may just go where no ones been

Bike
    2004 Honda CRF250R
    My first introduction to Phil was very similar to the above. I haven't been on my bike in 2 months but have lost 14kg recently so hopefully can bust out so half way decent action shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RJ eating it.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	243267  

Thread Information