Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WCC is about to stab all motorcyclists in the back

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    Your plans and discussions HAVE no inherent value, except to further your political career.

If you were toilet paper, and I was so desperate for a shit that I actually used you to wipe my arse, you're so annoying that I bet my arsehole would get all inflamed at the first touch.

Bike
    2023 MT 09 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    If you were toilet paper, and I was so desperate for a shit that I actually used you to wipe my arse, you're so annoying that I bet my arsehole would get all inflamed at the first touch.
    Don't hold back Pete. Say what you really mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The mind boggles.

Unless you were pillioning the sheep - which is more innocent I suppose (but no less baffling)

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    This is one situation we simply cannot risk NOT showing up in numbers
    If 4000+ signatures on that petition means anything, we MUST be able top get 100 bikes and bikers there to attend....surely!

C'mon Wellington, we simply cant let apathy prevail on Thursday morning....
    We cannot allow one prejudiced view of one or two senior council officers to corrupt the public view of our mode of transport with inaccurate science and anti-motorcycle rhetoric.

We worked diligently with the Council to establish good faith, show we can compromise, and now they have twisted the whole PnD access thing into a tool of spite, to create jealousy and disharmony between US and THEM (Them = non motorcyclists)

It brings to mind how a certain European Nation in the early 30's started to edge out one large part of it citizenship by policy and prejudice.....
    First the ACC hikes, now our own council goes against us despite the best efforts we have made to work with them.
    I said all along, if they DO allow us into the PnD parks, we will risk losing our free parking at the next round.... and for once I was bang on the money.

We will have to be willing to step up, and get disruptive if they do not remove the inflammatory rhetoric designed to inflame any resentment or jealousy of those who do NOT ride motorcycles

Watch the Dom Post for more

Anyone keen on assisting to organize and marshal a pack of bikes on Thursday morning please send me an email

President@bronzwellington.org.nz
    Brent
    Just ride.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    If 4000+ signatures on that petition means anything
    "An ePetition was presented to SPC on 12 May 2011 with 4265 signatures. The petition requested that the possibility of charging for on-road motorcycle parking is excluded from the various options being considered as part of this review. The petition was not supported by Councillors"

This pretty much says it all... the e-petition was as good as Crashe's toilet paper !
    Supersize Me

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    We don't need large numbers to make a point or two. I've seen some very effective strategies used by just a few bikes, shunting, the net, media and so forth. Whats more they are legal. Don't forget the Major came in with a very slim majority and there are a lot of disgruntled Welly people out there not just Bikers, just that we have a high profile so we can use it and gain support from a wider circle.

Oh what are MAG doing?

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Or a convoy of bikes riding round and round every roundabout on the Airport route causing massive give way queues at each intersection.....
    You may mean this anyway but AFAIK theres a limit to how many times you can legally ride/drive around the same roundabout. Wouldnt have thought the same problem would apply if you linked the 3 roundabouts together into a continuous loop though (maybe boyracer anti-cruising legislation?)

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    You may mean this anyway but AFAIK theres a limit to how many times you can legally ride/drive around the same roundabout.
    I don't think so. But I'm not sure how long the roundy roundy convoy would last before someone decides to push in. After about 10 seconds I would. And if everyone is riding with such small gaps to try and prevent people getting on to the roundabout it'd be like a load of dominoes falling over. Probably not the best method of disruption. I'd say suck up the cost of a parking ticket and just put one bike per parking space around the council building. The public would see that there is a protest on but are less likely to be antagonised. And they would get to see what may happen if WCC get their way.

Good luck anyway.

Bike
    '07 Suzuki SV1000/S
    Marcus Lush mentioned on this mornings news round up on radio Live that Wellington bikers were planning to 'disrupt the rugby world cup' in protest over WCC's planned implementation of pay and display for motorcycles.

Is this via you Brent?

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    I've seen huge delays on the motorway just from people rubber-necking a freakin' grass-mowing tractor. (I swear the flashing safety lights on the tractor actually decreased safety).

So I don't think it would take too many bikes, riding side-by-side (or maybe just riders, in their cars), just slowing down a bit, in rush hour traffic, to really snarl up the motorway.

But as with the roundabout idea, we need to think good and hard before doing actions that screw up the roads. Making a point to the council is one thing, alienating all drivers and making them want to run over us is another.

And we need a very very clear message, and a better one than "I want free parking".
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    2022 BMW RnineT Pure
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Marcus Lush mentioned on this mornings news round up on radio Live that Wellington bikers were planning to 'disrupt the rugby world cup' in protest over WCC's planned implementation of pay and display for motorcycles.

Is this via you Brent?
    That is genius on the part of WCC communications dept. Release an unconfirmed rumour on the rabble rouser radio station that the oval ball sport religion is going to be fecked with by smelly bikers. Who get free parking.

I am in awe. That is Goebbels level genius.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries

And it starts to gain momentum

Just ride.

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    That is genius on the part of WCC communications dept. Release an unconfirmed rumour on the rabble rouser radio station that the oval ball sport religion is going to be fecked with by smelly bikers. Who get free parking.

I am in awe. That is Goebbels level genius.
    Genius, or just quoting Mr Hutchison?

(That stuff article seems to say so.)
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Not trying to be negative but it might be a good idea to disrupt things before the event and rugby head 'mobs' get too pissed.

Few hundred bikers vs several thousand drunk rugby heads. Mmmmm
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    2023 MT 09 SP
    Here is the bit that makes us unpopular with the great unwashed:

"And if they go ahead with this report then we will get really disruptive. We have plans in place to start rolling disruptions during the Rugby World Cup and... to disrupt traffic flow from the airport during the Rugby World Cup."
    Here is the bit that makes the council look reasonable:

A charge of 80 cents an hour for a motorbike would be comparable to a $4 an hour charge for a car, according to council papers.
    Seriously? Messing with rugby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The mind boggles.

Unless you were pillioning the sheep - which is more innocent I suppose (but no less baffling)

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Seriously? Messing with rugby?
    It's just a game. Albeit one which is going to cost the NZ Taxpayer a lot of coin. So yeh mess with it by all means.

Thread Information