Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand pump death grip

Bike
    BMW
    Yeah its the way you ride. If you ride slow you can ride all day Ride at the pros speed and see how long you last if your not fit....

Larger grips will give you arm pump. Get some stomp grip and do some more riding.

Do you ride with your fingers wrapped around the grip or 1 finger on brake/clutch or 2 fingers? What fingers?

I found middle finger on the levers all the time was the best, also cause less blisters

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Maybe you should just grow some balls and toughen up a little mate .....

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by puttputtbang View Post
    My fitness is not the best but the only thing that is hurting when I ride is my hands.
    Commenting on my fitness all round will earn you a fat lip Relax, I have a sore shoulder as a result of having to negotiate tight roundabouts with a stupid lack of confidence I have dealt to with some lessons, it will go away one day
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Relax!!! It's normally caused by hanging on too tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Yeah its the way you ride. If you ride slow you can ride all day Ride at the pros speed and see how long you last if your not fit....

Larger grips will give you arm pump. Get some stomp grip and do some more riding.

Do you ride with your fingers wrapped around the grip or 1 finger on brake/clutch or 2 fingers? What fingers?

I found middle finger on the levers all the time was the best, also cause less blisters
    I agree with both DEATH_INC and CHOPPA i found this out at one of the Mr Motorcycles Maize paddock MX events, when i ran in the senior A practice session, as I had missed the senior C session. I didn't want to get lapped on the first lap by the pro's so really pushed myself, was trying to ride fast, and was gripping the bars to tight, and trying to hang on to the bike through the bars and not with the knees.
    I didn't get lapped, got my 2 laps in, but when I came off i couldn't believe how tight and sore my arms where.
    It all came down to me, not being relaxed, I was tense from the start.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Cheeky bugga for what it's worth tho, I can still go pretty fast for and old bugger, I could stay with steve for a couple of laps, and only got passed by a couple of guys all day....

Larger grips will give you arm pump.
    Yup, I'm with you on that one too.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Rmz450
    i used to get pump quite bad,but started using those springy squeezy things,cant remember what there proper name is, but worked wonders.does have a lot to with riding style and relaxing your grip tho.make sure your grips are tight on yur bars,that will give bad arm pump if they're loose.

Thread Information