View Poll Results: How many times have you crashed on the road?

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

77 26.10%
  • Once

79 26.78%
  • Twice

42 14.24%
  • Three times

37 12.54%
  • Four times

15 5.08%
  • Five times

14 4.75%
  • Six or more times

31 10.51%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many times have you crashed on the road?

Bike
    83 GPz550
    None yet, But, there probably will be once I become a full certified motorbicyclist
    I never get lost. I go on adventures

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    3 proper ones, the rest where just sudden route changes & involuntary Keck crapping. Gotta love that " look where you want to go" advice. Saved my succulent bacon a few times.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    10% of the voters are either real average or non vigilant riders...

Bike
    KTM 530 exc 2010
    Once leaning into a left hander coming off a bridge black Ice 1am below freezing slid into the bank about 40 kph I was wearing jeans & got gravel rash down 1 side of my leg it was so dark I had 2 crawl on my hands & knees feeling 4 my bike when I got it started I had 2 adjust my riding style to suit the new handle bar position 20km home & it took a hour soaking in the bath 2 get feeling into my body & begin 2 feel all the sore bits.
    THE DEAR LEADER SAY'S Life is Hell ride hard or head home just get the fuck outta my way !!!

Bike
    Triumph Saint,Triumph Adventurer
    Since 1973 "twice.
    First time was about 76-77,,rode up the arse of a car that had changed lanes in front of me while I was admiring myself in the shop windows,,or something like that.
    Bent the forks on my T500 an taught me a lesson.
    Second was in 88 when I decked my Norton 850 at speed,,destroyed the bike an damaged myself 3 months in Middlemores worth.
    Since then I've ridden off the road by mistake once "but didn't put her down.
    I've always hated that old saying,,it's not if,,it's when..,,,must of been a real prick that came up with that one.

Mrs just told me I lie,,,was dropping into a corner in Pukekohe town center on CB550SS at about 45-50km when I saw the diesal rainbow all over the road,,front end washed out,,broke left hand mirror,small cut on side of hand as cuff of glove rolled back,,,,Bastards waiting for the buss all clapped an cheered.
    So it's been three,not two.

The poll only goes up to 6 - I could easily double that off the top of my head,and add half a dozen more if I thought harder. But that's over 41 years riding,and my last dump on the road was 20 years ago or more. All 100% my fault,I'm not involving anyone or anything else in the blame game. By my late teens I had noticed the common denominator in all my crashes,and set about an improvement program...but still managed a few more. Just a bit over enthusiastic - I've always thought the limit is something you should take a look at from the otherside.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    GSXR1000
    GSXR750 - came around a bend in winter to find a farmer moving his herd of cows.
    Z440 - Car entered a round-a-bout in front of me, hit the back of him.
    GSX750 - Too fast through a bend in town cranked over, washed out the front.
    GSXR750 - Too fast through a hairpin, ground out engine casing, lost the front.
    GSXR750 - Too fast into a downhill decreasing radius negative camber corner - highside.
    GSXR1000 - Too heavy on acceleration through an intersection (not excessive), lost back end over old'ish diesel.

Chronological order. All I walked away from, except the last two. Whoops, that's six and I voted five. Oh and that's over 18yrs of road riding.

Bike
    CB1000R
    Personally I have come off once, when I first started riding about 6-7 years ago.

Surprised there is not an option after 6 or more for "DMNTD"

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Dunno if my one event on the road was a 'crash'. I was doing a very slow U turn, hit some gravel and fell over.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I haven't voted as I don't want to tempt fate.

I came off my bike at low speed in 2010 whilst moving off from a roundabout over something slippery. There were no other vehicles involved. It was the first time I'd hit the turf in around 27 years (or so).

I've not ever had a crash or an off at any kind of reasonable speed, but tomorrow's another day

I tend to be a little less wreckless these days.......................

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    5 years
    6 crashes
    4-5 stationary drops

All crashes have been due to my own stupidity !
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    I tend to be a little less wreckless these days.......................
    And I hope you continue to be wreck-less.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    87 Honda VTZ250
    Mmm, define crash.

Dyers Pass road many years ago, 2 bike collision. I'll count that.

Outside my house 10 years ago, ice or mud or something, don't think I'll count it since nobody was there to see.

Port Levy Little River road summit, 11 years ago, front end lost in deep gravel. That came close to the edge of a steep drop so I'll count that, mortality factor.

Harewood road, couple years ago, came off through at a roundabout doing 70 to 80, I'll count that since it had to be spectacular with spark trails from the various ground-off components and there were plenty of witnesses :-)

Road at back of airport about 6 months later, lost front end on loose gravel while avoiding oncoming pedaller, I'll count that since I almost collected him.

Lees Valley road, earlier this year, lost front taking a downhill dirt/gravel corner a bit quicker than my low-on-tread road tyres and ability were up to, I don't think I'll count that one since nobody was there to see it.

So that's 4 or 6 depending on how honest I am.

That's the on-road bike crashes only. I'm, not going to even think about off road or non bike "incidents".

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    3 times in 45 years.

Mid 80's Triumph Bonnie 750 in Italy in a drunken state missed a 90 degree turn at just over 100k/h... One week hospital and bent forks and other damage. Rode back to Sweden after bending the bits so the bike would go straight-ish...

A couple of years ago in a roundabout on BMW K100. Wet and I was not concentrating. Very slow speed drop and no damage really (apart from dented pride)

A year ago BMW K1 first ride after getting her home. 2 Km's down the road realised I had forgotten something and attempted a U-Turn for first time with her. The 7.5 meter turning radius caught me as I was planning a 4 meter U turn with feet on footpegs... Scrapes on r/h side of faering. Bummer. Now do U turns with her with both feet down.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    ducati 900ss f650
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    GSXR750 - came around a bend in winter to find a farmer moving his herd of cows.
    Z440 - Car entered a round-a-bout in front of me, hit the back of him.
    GSX750 - Too fast through a bend in town cranked over, washed out the front.
    GSXR750 - Too fast through a hairpin, ground out engine casing, lost the front.
    GSXR750 - Too fast into a downhill decreasing radius negative camber corner - highside.
    GSXR1000 - Too heavy on acceleration through an intersection (not excessive), lost back end over old'ish diesel.

Chronological order. All I walked away from, except the last two. Whoops, that's six and I voted five. Oh and that's over 18yrs of road riding.
    I can see the the common denominator GSXR' s

Thread Information