Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Good service vs bad service. Stories?

Bike
    dl650

eek Good service vs bad service. Stories?

Christchurch - Booked in a tyre to get repaired at 2 pm.........Showed up at 2pm........guy said, "oh really, NOW? I was about to have my lunch". The other guy grumbled.... "Fuck, now I will have to do it....after I finish my lunch"... Thanks for your help guys

Where has the customer service gone?

Do you have some good and bad stories about customer service?

Bike
    Your mom
    I've had really good service from Avon City Suzuki, Norjos and Trevor Pierce Yamaha. I've had mixed service from Budget Motorcycle Spares, but I've never had any really bad service from them.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Rocked up to have a seal replaced under warranty. Bike was pulled into the shop within minutes, done on the spot (just rock up, no booking required) while I was free to have complimentary tea/coffee/water, watch one of the Long Way Round episodes playing on the TV or read a selection of bike mags.

Seal was done within the half hour and off I went again.

There's your good story
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Bought 2 tyres. Went round to the Service Bay and asked when they were free. Turns out they just had a big job do a no show so had tyres fitted there and then. No appointment.

Good on ya TSS Lower Hutt
    The only stupid question is a question not asked!

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    happy with the 7 years service and relationship with Casbolt's

Had an exceptional service from McIvor and Veitch Dunedin, with a flat tire in the middle of absolutely nowhere on a wet Saturday

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Ewan Allen Honda.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    always had good service at Cyclespot
    first time the other day at Cycletreads, I was most impressed with the guys that did my tyres - real gentlemen

Bike
    CBR600 F4, GT650, GT250R

Good n Bad

Cycletreads: Turned up with a stuck-ish back wheel (misaligned pad it turns out) AFTER closing on Friday night. Chris from the tyre bay was on his way to an appointment but went and grabbed tools and helped me sort it and made himself very late. About a week later he and Scott helped me fit new front guard in the tyre bay when I just turned up - no cost to me for any of this.

Fast Bike Gear.co.nz:
    Liam welcomed me into his home/garage/business, indulged all my stupid questions and did half the installation of the stuff I bought.

Just Fairings:
    Made me a second new guard after HE wasn't happy with quality of first one. Order + manufacturing (x 2) + delivered and on bike with perfect fit = less than 4 days.

Race Evolution:
    Raped me. Twice. And then put sugar in my gas tank and punched my Mum.

Bike
    Kate
    Hi-Torque
    Dave has saved my bacon too many times. Latest being; turn up at his door at 4:55 with a punched front. He is up to his neck in electrics and has an appointment to make but I still get to ride home that night on a new Road Attack. Old tyre was on its last mill of tread anyhow.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Only reason I have a beef with EWAN ALLEN HONDA is I put the VF in for some new tires and some FUCKWIT scratched arrows on my nice clean shiney rims, when I confronted them about it no-one would own up to it, and then was told to get over it. Every other bike shop I have had any dealings with in the last 30 yrs have been AWESOME.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    Always go with Boyles Kawasaki. Allow at least 40 mins when dropping off or picking up for general chit chat. They've saved me a small fortune over the years.

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
    Always go with Boyles Kawasaki. Allow at least 40 mins when dropping off or picking up for general chit chat. They've saved me a small fortune over the years.
    hahaha...John certainly knows how to talk. They do have a good selection of OEM stuff too.

Mark & Rolly @ Scooterazzi always look after me. They're a great shop, esp if you own a Guzzi !!

One shop I will never ever go back to Richards Motorcycles.
    Turned up with my Mrs's RF400 not running on 4 cylinders. He said to me "Oh I don't deal with anything that old and crappy" and essentially a go away !!
    The RF400 was not a rough bike by any means !!

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I have ever had any bad service recently. Rolling thunder and Cycletreads in Chch are great. Every time I go in there I walk out with some thing new from the shop.

Wellington Motorcycles fitted a front tyre and forgot to tighten the axle bolt. I only noticed it because the bike went "clunk" when I rode across the kerb at home. The axle was loose and the clamp and nuts had fallen off on the way home.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    Cyclespot didn't laugh at me when I complained about the Harley clutch being heavy, they just adjusted and lubed and fiddled with it. They didn't tell me to harden up and that I should expect it to be heavy cos it is a Harley. Cool guys even though I have turned from Honda to the dark side.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Wellington Motorcycles fitted a front tyre and forgot to tighten the axle bolt. I only noticed it because the bike went "clunk" when I rode across the kerb at home. The axle was loose and the clamp and nuts had fallen off on the way home.
    Crikey that's no good. Did you get hold of us to let us know about it?

Thread Information