Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool riding photos of KB Adv inmates

Bike
    . .
    I've been visiting advrider alot more recently and have rediscovered just how good it is. I'll just use kb for posting inane drivel again from now on.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I'll just use kb for posting inane drivel agian from now on.

​Keep up the good work then

Bike
    '91 R100GS Supertanker

Time to stick my head above the parapet

Jantar, this is not a personal attack. I understand & appreciate the job that the Moderators do. I've seen threads go to shit because someone doesn't play nice, or someone copies a huge file in.

However there are a number of things here that bug me & I've brooded about them all day.

1. You could have achieved the same impact without infractions, & a bit of politeness. The manner in which the thread was attacked managed to disenfranchise a number of the most prolific posters in this section. Education (which is what has followed this shitstorm) is more important than applying penalties. Sure - if there is continued poor behaviour - but I do not believe that this occurred here.

2. The 'rules' have not been applied with any sort of conistency. As an example, I note that the 'Cool Wall' thread has a number of 800x600 pictures. I can see that Hitcher has policed & deleted the LARGE posts (larger than 800x600), but allowed the thread to run. Similar threads have been implictly allowed. Don't assume that we know the rules. Posters watch what the site allows.

3. This section probably more than any other benefits from allowing reasonable pictures & stories, which brings noobs into the fold. I do not believe 800x600 is out of order. Smaller pictures just do not bring in any clarity. The 'attachments' are frankly not a good way to handle this. They wlll not load to allow any continuity in the storey. The way they come up is often in random order. As MarkS points out, 25% of the time they don't load. Photography is as much a part of the adventure riding experience as the machinery. Allowing people to see what you have experienced is important in this section. The site is already missing a number of ride reports.

I'll can also hold up my hand & say that I run a thread over on the ADVRider site. You do have competition. The site needs to recognise that & respond to that. I have over 35000 hits on that. I could not run the same thread here. I think that is to the detriment of the KB site. Which is a pity.
    IT'S JUST BETTER WHEN THERE'S TWINS INVOLVED..
    My GS build thread is here
    My ride photos are here

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWRSNUT View Post

1. You could have achieved the same impact without infractions, & a bit of politeness. The manner in which the thread was attacked managed to disenfranchise a number of the most prolific posters in this section. Education (which is what has followed this shitstorm) is more important than applying penalties. Sure - if there is continued poor behaviour - but I do not believe that this occurred here. .....
    This is a good point. However for most of the members affected they have been advised on more than one occassion, they have already been infracted on more than one occassion. So they DO already know the rules. When they are onto their 4th or 5th infraction for the same thing isn't that "continued poor behaviour "?
    Time to ride

Bike
    KLR650 WR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    This is a good point. However for most of the members affected they have been advised on more than one occassion, they have already been infracted on more than one occassion. So they DO already know the rules. When they are onto their 4th or 5th infraction for the same thing isn't that "continued poor behaviour "?
    Like Steve's comment above - I don't want to 'get personal' and I certainley fit the '4th or 5th infraction' group.

yes your actions yesterday were 'enforcing the rules as they exist'

but surely those rules exist to benifit/protect the average/responsible user.

Was anyone harmed by our posts?
    did anyone complain that the image sizes diminished their visit to KB?
    was there any detremental effect to the kiwibiker website?

it seemes that all your actions yesterday did was piss off a lot of regular KB adv posters.

enforcing these particular rules is akin to limiting all road users to 50km/hr because thats how fast 50cc scooters go

Bike
    . .
    I don't think I've been infracted for this heinous offence previously. But it doesn't bother me as it's only kb not real life. Speaking of real life, I had an awesome day at the Santa ride in Maramarua Forest yesterday. But that is off topic. I may post a ride thread up on Advrider or KTMtalk later.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    However for most of the members affected they have been advised on more than one occassion, they have already been infracted on more than one occassion. So they DO already know the rules. When they are onto their 4th or 5th infraction for the same thing isn't that "continued poor behaviour "?

I see that this is the second time it has affected me, both from Quoting a picture....
    A shame that this has spoiled and sullied the Kiwibiker website from just a few little ínfractions'

Do you know all of the rules of the road? I fear not, so what was wrong with posting a reply and giving everyone a little 'heads up'
    If you get pulled over for a traffic infringement oversight, 9 times out of 10 the officer will look at 'risk'and then act accordingly.
    What has happened here is 'Police State' mentality!

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Oh my goodness, someone call a whaaaaambulance...
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    KLR650 WR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    at least we can count on the powers that be for a mature response

Bike
    '91 R100GS Supertanker
    Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    at least we can count on the powers that be for a mature response
    Virago is ex-mod. All those years...and you can see the damage its done. Pity the poor person & move on....

Actually mods a couple more observations. Site rules aren't actually that accessible. And there is very limited info on infractions. A table & info on when infractions tip over into banning would be helpful. On that other site, a link to the site rules are at the head of each section..
    IT'S JUST BETTER WHEN THERE'S TWINS INVOLVED..
    My GS build thread is here
    My ride photos are here

Bike
    R100GSPD
    so forthose of you to post embedded images and or post on adv where do you host your pics and why?. i use flickr cos i get that bundled with xtra

Bike
    . .
    I use photobucket. And Vimeo....

On a side note

I got an infraction many many years ago under the name I used before the name I used before this one for daring to post useful information in a thread started by a guy who wanted to know where he could get a trike made. Apparently (can't find it in the site riles tho) This is kiwibiker not kiwi triker and spank has a hatred of trikes so they are not to be mentioned or to the gas chamber it is. Heil Hitler!

Bike
    R100GSPD
    i got infracted for my very first pic on the welly tag game and again for a pic on the pic associations thread.I am sure i have posted bigger pics since on other threads.the attachments can be so slow to open even with broadband

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    ...Heil Hitler!
    Godwin's Law - yay...!
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    . .
    Godwin's Law - yay...!
    I love that law

Thread Information