Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: 4kmh tolerance for Waitangi Weekend until 29 February?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    just to drag reality back.
    For the record, reality seems to be that far more flexible or non-existent speed limits mean fewer fatalities.

P'raps the extra fatalities in a heavily policed regime are all physicists.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The rider may come off ... and actually be airborne.

I once jumped a car that pulled out in front of me. Probably got a few scrapes from the road because of the extra height, but it was worth it.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I once jumped a car that pulled out in front of me. Probably got a few scrapes from the road because of the extra height, but it was worth it.
    I've gone over the top twice. Once I rode straight into the back of a car when I wasn't paying attention as a young fella. The second, a woman pulled out from a stop sign for some reason. First time I broke my arm, second time my leg was crushed between the car and the bike, before I flew over. So that was broken really badly and I dislocated my thumb.

From this, I gleen this little gem. Flying over or not, you're gonna get fucked up if you fit a car, when there is any speed differential between the two vehicles.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've gone over the top twice. Once I rode straight into the back of a car when I wasn't paying attention as a young fella. The second, a woman pulled out from a stop sign for some reason. First time I broke my arm, second time my leg was crushed between the car and the bike, before I flew over. So that was broken really badly and I dislocated my thumb.

From this, I gleen this little gem. Flying over or not, you're gonna get fucked up if you fit a car, when there is any speed differential between the two vehicles.
    Similar. First time was over the bonnet of an HQ Holden. The woman looked right, (c'mon, c'mon look at me) Looked left, looked me straight in the eye, (all right then we're all good).... and pulled out at a range of about 20ft. I remember actually jumping to clear my feet over the bars, cleared the windscreen by inches and landed on me arse at not very much under 30mph. Hotmix, thank Christ: just minor bruising.

Second one I don't talk about.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by martybabe View Post
    In my time servicing the largest busiest motorway network in Europe we had a rule of thumb, mass rules, i.e. .truck vs car= truck wins, car vs tree= tree wins, Bike vs car=car wins. There are exceptions but if you seek out the occupants of the less dense vehicle or object you will usually find your most injured victims and see to them first obviously. Pretty useful in a multi vehicle pile up in freezing fog.

Similarly, in collisions between police vehicles and civilians we would generally see to the civilians first as the same rule applies, the less dense people were usually the most hurt.
    Dense me sez back

Thread Information