Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: GingerMidget's new bike!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerMidget View Post
    I'm off to steal coffee and get pete to look at my clutch set up as soon as i get off the internet and get my gear on. Which isn't happening too fast. I don't want it to rain! i haven't ridden in the rain...
    Part of the motorcycle learning process is riding in the rain. It will happen. Often at the times you really would prefer it NOT too ... such is life. (Murphys law ... and all that)

Have a look at the gear your friends are wearing ... ask about the good and bad points of their gear. And decide then whats best for your riding. (and FUTURE riding) Trademe has some good deals now and then. The Warehouse cheapies are good for the sunny (when you start) day rides ... but only as a stop gap untill you get better. (And can afford better)
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Part of the motorcycle learning process is riding in the rain. It will happen. Often at the times you really would prefer it NOT too ... such is life. (Murphys law ... and all that)

Have a look at the gear your friends are wearing ... ask about the good and bad points of their gear. And decide then whats best for your riding. (and FUTURE riding) Trademe has some good deals now and then. The Warehouse cheapies are good for the sunny (when you start) day rides ... but only as a stop gap untill you get better. (And can afford better)
    I do believe the Warewhare has a special on light weight water proof jackets & kecks at the mo. Ideal to go over the top of everyday gear.

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    As much as I love leather, I'm going cordura way. My birthday is coming, so I'm asking the family to put in for some decent gear, rather than buy me crap I don't need. Its easier. I feel the cold really badly which is annoying!

I rode home in traffic, and didn't panic when some numb nuts pulled out in front of me at the basin after forgetting which lane to be in. Must stop lane splitting though. The gap was huge and there were only two cars. But I already know its not something I should be doing. Especially now that I have gears and a clutch to think about.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    As much as I love leather, I'm going cordura way. My birthday is coming, so I'm asking the family to put in for some decent gear, rather than buy me crap I don't need. Its easier. I feel the cold really badly which is annoying!
    Just keep an eye out for a pair of waterproof boots too ... look after those feet.

Warm feet ... warm heart .... big smile.

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    I'm wearing alpinestars at the moment (I've ben home half an hour and haven't actually moved to take them off yet) but I've got my eye on some tcx ones. I'm hoping to get pants and a new jacket, but pants are the main one at this stage. I can't and don't want to wear kevlar jeans all the time. Aside from the getting soaked thing, they are ok (in my mind) as pillion pants but not if i'm relying on myself. I'm well aware of the risk of crashing and if I can limit some of the damage with good gear, I want to!

Yes, I'm captain safety. When it suits me.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    I'm probably verging on young enough to get away with hitting on her
    You realise you will still be saying exactly that in ten or twenty or thirty more years time, doncha?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    You realise you will still be saying exactly that in ten or twenty or thirty more years time, doncha?
    And I'll be stubbornly single in ten years time

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I'm wearing alpinestars at the moment (I've ben home half an hour and haven't actually moved to take them off yet)

Your boots must be comfortable then. That's always good.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post

Warm feet ... warm heart .... big smile.
    (10)

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    And I'll be stubbornly single in ten years time

I'm single now too. But I had to wade through 35 years of indentured labour before I reclaimed my freedom...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    dei imperiale donna
    well theres a big learn for you right there!! when you're on your bike, you cant be captian safety - when it suits.
    You have to be there 200% of the time. Life is too short, skin is too soft, to just focus on the safety things when it suits. Get some decent gear, get on all the courses, track days and training days you can. Andrew Templeton from Roadsafe does lots of excellent courses in the welly region, quite often subsidised by ACC so they are dirt cheap.

Never ever let your guard down - always ride as though everyone else on the road is out there to kill you, cos they can, quite easily. And most important - never stop smiling, never stop having fun on the greatest two wheeled machines in the world

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanwhite View Post
    Sorry I thought this was not needed to be said as it has been brought up multiple times before.
    you suggested 'get down on the tank'..that's like worst thing you can do in wind.

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Success! In the form of mum getting all paranoid about me riding in winter. She just paid for some new gear, so I don't freeze to death. Early birthday present for the win!

I wonder how I can go about getting an early christmas present of a new helmet too?

Its 1tonne gear, which is better than just a jacket and jeans. Gives me a bit more protection from hypothermia which is important!

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Only I'd take a thermos in a back pack to churton park to pick up some baby tropical fish. On a motorbike.
    Just a thermos ?

I went to wellington, to pick up a motor (in pieces). For a bucket racer I built, on my bike.. Carried the bits home in a big ol back pack.

Monkey see, monkey do
    Last monkey I witnessed applying that mantra, had copied JRandom dipping a finger in his own marmite pot.. Poor thing didn't like that smell however and fell out the tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Thread Information