Thread: Hi from the UK (fryingpan uk)

Bike
    2010 ktm smr 450

Hi from the UK (fryingpan uk)

hi ya lads fryingpan here from the uk thought I'd register on here to check out the MOTO scene in NZ cause if there is one dream I still have n that is to move to NZ and the only thing I would ship with me is my smr 450 . I've been once to have a look and didnt want to come back to uk! am currently riding in the British supermoto championship which I finished a respectable 12th in 2012 which considering Iam older than most of the riders dads wasn't bad. the area I was looking at was Hamilton although near to a track could Chang my mins on that one, over here Iam a truck driver so just have to get myself a job sorted and I might be over there soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	538.1 KB 
ID:	277198  

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Gidday and good luck with your move, most of my English and Irish mates have to be forced back on the plane. Yes, the North Island is the place to live, there is nothing down here worth seeing.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Kawasaki Z750
    Welcome and good luck for everything, a very nice KTM you have there

Bike
    slow ones
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingpan uk View Post
    hi ya lads fryingpan here from the uk thought I'd register on here to check out the MOTO scene in NZ cause if there is one dream I still have n that is to move to NZ and the only thing I would ship with me is my smr 450 . I've been once to have a look and didnt want to come back to uk! am currently riding in the British supermoto championship which I finished a respectable 12th in 2012 which considering Iam older than most of the riders dads wasn't bad. the area I was looking at was Hamilton although near to a track could Chang my mins on that one, over here Iam a truck driver so just have to get myself a job sorted and I might be over there soon
    Sweet ride, come down to Canterbury we have the first true supermoto track in NZ check us out on face book and come racing. We have a big international meeting happening this December and S/M training by Supermoto School Dec 11, 12 & 13

The school will comprise of one day on a MX track and two days at the Powerbuilt SM track. The first day will also be open to MX Riders wanting off-road skills only.
    Fully structured course details will be posted shortly, there is limited vacancies available and confirmation of attendance will only be given once full payment is made.

Day 1 only $295 SM & MX Off-Road only. (Dec 11)
    SM 3 Day School $825 (Dec 11, 12 & 13)

Marcel and instructors will be giving personal attention and instruction so again numbers are limited, so guys this is a first in best dressed opportunity!

http://www.facebook.com/ShoutoutEvents

Cheers Dean

Bike
    2010 ktm smr 450
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Gidday and good luck with your move, most of my English and Irish mates have to be forced back on the plane. Yes, the North Island is the place to live, there is nothing down here worth seeing.
    yeh thanks for that matey I take it your in south then ? went there for a few days ended up in Christchurch was nice but just thought better chances in the north also have a mate that lives in mata mata which helps if your so far away n not knowing anyone as the sayin goes not what you know but who

Bike
    2008 Husqvarna 450 motard
    Central north island not a bad place to be, most of the time.
    I am between Matamata and Hamilton. 70kms to Hampton downs, 110kms to Pukekohe and 150 kms to Taupo tracks.
    Not too far to go. I have an 05 Husaberg 650 motard, no probs with parts etc for that. You would be fine with your bike too.

Bike
    2010 ktm smr 450
    650 berg cool bike that I've had 3 n miss the mentalness of the thing ktm is a good bike tho and can flatter your ability unlike the berg you have to be good on them . Hamilton was a good starting point as it being central a lot of truck companies are based there for me to start looking for a job also sounds good as far as the tracks are concerned. I was there in08 and there didnt seem to be much problem getting work don't know what it's like now though Iam just starting to look again
    cheers phil

Bike
    CRF Motard and The Corporal!
    Supermoto is not massive here. 12 riders at todays round of the pacific club and 10 at round one but up to 25 at the street races. There are 7 rounds to race at this season in the north island, plus track days and you can also race in clubmans at other clubs.
    Get rid of those NANA knickers, and FIGHTER it!

You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you cant eat your friends!

Bike
    DRZ400sm
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingpan uk View Post
    Hey Frying pan how's the move? managed to make it to the big NZ yet?

Thread Information