Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Infringement notice -Not displaying rego in prescribed manner (in wallet)

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    The acceptance of such monopolistic and opportunist bullshit by a comfortable majority of the public is pathetic, at least have the balls to admit that many government entities are ripping you off across a wide range of pissance charges without due cause even if you can't quite be fukt doing anything about it.
    The joys of living in the big cities make up for it though ... eh .. !!

I prefer the small towns ... It's still a Rat-race ... but the rats run a lot slower down here ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Soul View Post
    This has probably been done before but I can never find anything on these forums searches.

I got an infringement notice for $200 for not displaying my rego. It was up to date, and all good, but I did not have the time or tools to change it. For a month....

So the old rego was showing, while the new rego was in my wallet. The infringement notice is not for not having a rego - just for "CURRENT LICENSE LABEL NOT AFFIXED IN PRESCRIBED MANNER".

Sure it is illegal- I get that. I am not disputing the notice. But $200? Really? Its not like it never HAD rego?! It just was not put on in time. And the officer checking it probably had access to the newfangled systems they have and knew this already.

You only get $150 for doing really dangerous things like running stop streets and bald tyres! WTF? Surely this is only worthy of a $50 fine max?

SO: Does anybody know how I can get this down a tad (meaning a LOT)?
    Just defend it. get them to prove it was not displayed.
    They will withdraw it.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    1. To help us determine what is the best "defence" we need to know if this ticket was created by a police officer or a parking warden.

2. I remember reading somewhere that leaving the old ticket showing when you have a new one is also an offence that carries a fine.

3. If the rego on the bike had lapsed very resently and you can show that you have now paid for a new one (and it is now fitted as per the book) you will get of the ticket. There is normally a 14 days period to sort this from when the old rego had lapsed. (Been there done that).

4. Instead of asking for dubious advice on KB you should use the phone numer provided on the ticket for advice. I have found them most helpful.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SMOK View Post
    The NZTA are going to get our money in the end, so what is the problem? . We either pay it on time, or we pay it late or if we sell or dispose of the vehicle with it being out six months, we get sent the bill when

OR.
    we don't pay a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    1. To help us determine what is the best "defence" we need to know if this ticket was created by a police officer or a parking warden.

4. Instead of asking for dubious advice on KB you should use the phone numer provided on the ticket for advice. I have found them most helpful.

bwahahahahah. depends whos number it is. and if she wrote her number on the back of the ticket, you'd probably pay the 200 just to not have to "work it out" with her.

it's like when court sends you shit, and you can phone them and they'll tell you the fastest way to give them money, or if you're dumb enough to have a lawyer assigned to you, and they'll tell you the fastest way to plead guilty so him and the judge can get to the bank and cash your dumb arse in.

OP-
    set fire to something man.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Considering it's a charge few Police pursue ... I assume it's Council.

In most such cases ... if the charge is contested ... it is often dropped. As any resulting court action is expensive and not always certain of a positive result in the Councils favour. Or possibly setting a precedent in the legality of such tickets.

Thus ... easier to drop the charge ... and issue more tickets in the hope more people will pay them without question.

Bike
    1997 Ducati 900 Superlight
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Write them a letter with a nice photograph explaining that the warden was perhaps mistaken. Your new vehicle licensing label was affixed to the bottom left hand side of your (perhaps dirty) motorcycle screen, but you had forgotten to remove the expired one from the rear of the vehicle.
    I like this one. Or maybe suggest that the warden MUST have made a mistake because the enclosed photocopy of the label will also show that it was purchased a month before you got the ticket sohe must have misread the dat.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Sorry. nope. Nil demerits for red or yellow light offences.

Demerits for not licensing your ride though. Sheesh.
    Oh well. I remember them talking about an introduction and stepping process that the demerits would go up each year in steps, until the demerits was 50 for running lights.

Might grow a beard, more odds of it actually happening
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSXR 1000
    Totally illegal thing to do but if your desperate to get off the fine - File police report to the fact someone had taken it off your bike, take in a copy of the police report to the council saying thanks for bringing it to my attention that someone had taken my current label from my bike.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Totally illegal thing to do but if your desperate to get off the fine - File police report to the fact someone had taken it off your bike, take in a copy of the police report to the council saying thanks for bringing it to my attention that someone had taken my current label from my bike.

thats swearing false affidavit and probably lying oath.
    Either way, it's lying. Bad karma, and you're an asshole.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    and you're an asshole.
    And this guy KNOWS assholes.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Two or three days AFTER the ticket was issued ...??? How clever ... I'm sure the police wont notice ...

Bike
    Suzuki S50
    Blog Entries
    FAILING TO DISPLAY YOUR REGISTRATION LABEL KILLS

This safety message was brought to you by the New Zealand Government and the Motorcycle safety Council.

Bike
    Ducati 848, 2008
    Blog Entries

Any demerit points with that ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by R-Soul View Post
    This has probably been done before but I can never find anything on these forums searches.

I got an infringement notice for $200 for not displaying my rego. It was up to date, and all good, but I did not have the time or tools to change it. For a month....

So the old rego was showing, while the new rego was in my wallet. The infringement notice is not for not having a rego - just for "CURRENT LICENSE LABEL NOT AFFIXED IN PRESCRIBED MANNER".

Sure it is illegal- I get that. I am not disputing the notice. But $200? Really? Its not like it never HAD rego?! It just was not put on in time. And the officer checking it probably had access to the newfangled systems they have and knew this already.

You only get $150 for doing really dangerous things like running stop streets and bald tyres! WTF? Surely this is only worthy of a $50 fine max?

SO: Does anybody know how I can get this down a tad (meaning a LOT)?
    Did you get any de-merit points with that ticket?
    Winding up old men on cruisers and "computer bikers" since 2008......... LMAO

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I'm assuming this ticket was issued by council staff. In the OP's circumstances Police may offer "compliance", good luck with getting that from the council.

The OP should visit the council office with a copy of the registration label proving that the bike was registered, but they can still tell you pay up.

The council here take photos of the rego and wof if they issue tickets, so advice re "creative" explanations is only going to result in embarrassment.

Years ago I spent some time working for the local council, there was a rule to the effect that no council staff should put themselves in an adversarial position with ratepayers. Of course that lasted about five minutes when there was money to be made.

The other day I got a ridiculous parking ticket, (complicated) I phoned in and said I wasn't going to waste time coming in, (they had the photo and could see that I was right) I just wanted the ticket cancelled. The woman who answered the phone wouldn't have a bar of it but I asked to get shunted up the line and eventually got the ticket cancelled.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    thats swearing false affidavit and probably lying oath.
    Either way, it's lying. Bad karma, and you're an asshole.
    He's a donkeyhole?

Thread Information