Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Classic Sport Bikes

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post
    If you're including the busa then the blackbird should definitely be in there (although it started in the 90s and was made until '07?)....but neither of them are really 'sport' bikes
    Why? The blackbird is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    ummm, I think you're not a total cock??
    Hahahahahahahahaha, touchè.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    R7 should sneak into that list.

Bit hard to nail it down to just 5 bikes though.

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Why? The blackbird is crap.
    so?

that doesn't preclude it from being a classic, fastest bike on the planet, wind tunnel design, it's a hyper sports icon - why else did they make the fekkin Hayabusa?!

honda cub anyone?
    F M S

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    • 1999-2002 Yamaha R7 (OW02)
    • 2001 Suzuki GSXR750
    • 2005 Honda CBR600RR
    • 2006 Yamaha R6
    • 2013 MV Agusta F3
    reasons for your choices?
    the R7 I agree with though

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    so?

that doesn't preclude it from being a classic, fastest bike on the planet, wind tunnel design, it's a hyper sports icon - why else did they make the fekkin Hayabusa?!

honda cub anyone?
    Yes it does though through no fault of its own,people wont remember it like they will the Busa,be easy to say "because its a Honda" (pretend i didnt say it) but bit like the TLS and VTR,even with all the media bullshit that surrounded the TLS and its faults a penny to a pound its remembered long after the Honda.Not saying i dont like VTRs at all,good friend of mine just bought a real nice black one for fuck all,its just that its so...
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    675 Triumph?

F all really of late. BMW - NO, nothing stunning other than electrics.

Go back to the first gen Fireblade and R1, then back to the orig GSXR750.

Interesting what is gaining in value from the 70's/80's - CBX, Z900, CB750 and a assortment of oddball small cc Jap bikes. Oh and a few model air cooled Ducatis.

I thought the GPZ900r Kawa would be a collectable - apparently I was wrong. A tidy Z1000 for the same era is pulling better dollars.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    675 Triumph?

Interesting what is gaining in value from the 70's/80's - CBX, Z900, CB750 and a assortment of oddball small cc Jap bikes. Oh and a few model air cooled Ducatis.

I thought the GPZ900r Kawa would be a collectable - apparently I was wrong. A tidy Z1000 for the same era is pulling better dollars.
    My bike career went, SL125, CB 500/4, Z1000 in a space of 18 months, I have no desire to own any of them again. I had a GPZ 900 a few years back for a few months, only 2 wheels away from being a car, anyway gen FB won't know how to fix them anyway.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    A
    Well I may be remiss...but I nominate the keyboard, since that's where some of you seem to spend most of your time...

Oh bikes? Heck, GN250 of course!

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    675 Triumph?

BMW's? I reckon the HP2 Sport could be up there. Dunno 'bout the S1000RR, it's a game changer but somehow it just seems more UJM (UGM?) than future classic.

As Drew mentioned, the latest R1 is a munter, but the 2005(?) R1 Limited Edition wasn't just a purty thang, with the marchesini/ohlins etc package was very tasty.

I wouldn't be suprised if the 2004 ZX10R came into it's own either. It's just such an angry handful, and was a real turning point for kwikasfuki.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    BMW's? I reckon the HP2 Sport could be up there. but the 2005(?) R1 Limited Edition wasn't just a purty thang, with the marchesini/ohlins etc package was very tasty.
    I wouldn't be suprised if the 2004 ZX10R came into it's own either. It's just such an angry handful, and was a real turning point for kwikasfuki.
    Quite like the Hp2 Spud and almost paid 30 grand for one of those
    R1s, found out too late it was for sale.
    Love my K6 1000 I reckon its a collector piece or could be.

Have a ride mate who's just bought an 04 zx10, haven't seen it yet but it's original, even the pipe I think he paid 5 or 6 for it?

Bike
    S1000RR
    1998-2002

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    VTR - SP1/SP2/SP3, I'm not sure which. The later ones were refined to make slightly less frenetic.

They have been holding good $$$ value already.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    VTR - SP1/SP2/SP3, I'm not sure which. The later ones were refined to make slightly less frenetic.

They have been holding good $$$ value already.
    Yip, hadn't considered Honda to tell the truth. Brushed over the 100 blades for being biege and average, and didn't think deeper.

SP1 for sure should be on the list. Honda very cleverly overcame issues that other manufacturers were having to keep their twins less than a hundred feet long, and sold HRC kits for the price of a house, so everyone could have a very close machine to what Edwards and Slight rode...Albeit 20 horses shy in the name of reliability.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    If you're including the busa then the blackbird should definitely be in there (although it started in the 90s and was made until '07?)....but neither of them are really 'sport' bikes
    I believe the correct term you are looking for is "hypersport tourers". Black bird is definetely up there, but the 99/00 Busa is the bike the holds the "Worlds fastest Production Motorcycle" title.

The '99 versions are starting to gain value in the states as they become collectable. Not many original ones left though due to the extensive modding and personalization most Busa owners do.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    675 Triumph?

If youre going back that far, throw in the CBR 600 F2 maybe?
    ones in good nick getting rarer, had a big following, so will have that fanfare about them too

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    BMW's? I reckon the HP2 Sport could be up there. Dunno 'bout the S1000RR, it's a game changer but somehow it just seems more UJM (UGM?) than future classic.

As Drew mentioned, the latest R1 is a munter, but the 2005(?) R1 Limited Edition wasn't just a purty thang, with the marchesini/ohlins etc package was very tasty.

oooh, the 2006 R1 LE SP, possibly the prettiest sportsbike to ever come out of japan.
    theyre selling now for 10-13k US in the states currently. Ive toyed with the idea of bringing one over now I have the cash. but Id want to ride it, not leave in in the shed.

surely the RVT/Sp1/SP2 would get an eye on on a list of likely valuable bikes surely?

Thread Information