Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modern Classic Sport Bikes

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post

oooh, the 2006 R1 LE SP, possibly the prettiest sportsbike to ever come out of japan.
    theyre selling now for 10-13k US in the states currently. Ive toyed with the idea of bringing one over now I have the cash. but Id want to ride it, not leave in in the shed.
    There was one at Motomart here in Wellington some 5 or 6 years ago. By christ it was gorgeous!

Not allowed to race them in New Zealand at the time, (special models are not in the rules), so even if I had the money I wouldn't have bought it.

Best R1 shape ever though.

Bike
    2008 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yip, hadn't considered Honda to tell the truth. Brushed over the 100 blades for being biege and average, and didn't think deeper.

SP1 for sure should be on the list. Honda very cleverly overcame issues that other manufacturers were having to keep their twins less than a hundred feet long, and sold HRC kits for the price of a house, so everyone could have a very close machine to what Edwards and Slight rode...Albeit 20 horses shy in the name of reliability.
    Yeah the SP1 should be on there.

Panigale in time?? if its new chassis design takes off? Or maybe more so if not, as it could be one of a kind!!
    Save me Jebus!! Save me!!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by *caution* View Post
    Panigale in time?? if its new chassis design takes off? Or maybe more so if not, as it could be one of a kind!!
    The chassis on the Penigale, is a previously failed concept from motoGP. Why do you think it would take off?

The electronics are good but confusing to set up, is what I understand from the one guy I know who has one. Might not be too bad though, he is only one dude.

The wet clutch on the road bike is 20 years overdue.

I don't hink it is a classic, Ducati can be happy with the 916. It's the only offering of theirs to date to fit "classic" by my definition.

Thread Information