Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1379

Thread: Canterbury Trail Rides?

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    I cant keep up with my 13yr old...

Attachment 353848. Attachment 353849. Attachment 353850
    Well yeah....you're old
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Well yeah....you're old
    who the fuck pulled your chain...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Milton Lake to the Sea this weekend. Looking forward to this one. Omihi the following weekend. Life is good.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Don't put off riding. Rides are becoming scarce up here I'm told.

Or your body betrays you. I tried to ride my Trials bike just in the driveway yesterday. First smell of 2 strokein 3 months
    . In my head it was easy. Aimed it away from the vehicles towards the grass and let out the clutch . Stumbled with my feet twice and gave it up as a bad idea.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Don't put off riding. Rides are becoming scarce up here I'm told.

Or your body betrays you. I tried to ride my Trials bike just in the driveway yesterday. First smell of 2 strokein 3 months
    . In my head it was easy. Aimed it away from the vehicles towards the grass and let out the clutch . Stumbled with my feet twice and gave it up as a bad idea.
    Sage advice indeed. Me and a mate went for a "proper ride" a couple of weeks ago, the first in many moons. I took the wee GG trials bike knowing the big 250 would try to kill me.

The score after 20 minutes was gorse bush 1. After 30 minutes it was gorse, blood and a swamp which was new to me in the lead. 3-0.

The next new swamp filled me carb with water. Nothing 139 kicks couldn't fix. (I didn't count the kicks required for the first swamp, say 10 minutes..?)

Managed about an hours riding before I lost the ability to speak and control my limbs. What a shit fight of a day.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Milton Lake to the Sea this weekend. Looking forward to this one. Omihi the following weekend. Life is good.
    where... to sea what???

mate would love to do omihi but just back from the national Guzzi rally, and next month the national Buell rally... how the fuck does it cost more to ride ya bike on a holiday than it does to fly to Oz for one...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Milton-Northern Southland. Long ride from Milton prison[Really!]to the coast. The organisers take your can of fuel to the coast so you can refuel before coming back. Very popular ride-Youtube is your friend.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Milton-Northern Southland. Long ride from Milton prison[Really!]to the coast. The organisers take your can of fuel to the coast so you can refuel before coming back. Very popular ride-Youtube is your friend.
    fuck that... all the best mate LOL...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike

Milburn Lake to the Sea ride

It was a good ride. We went down to Dunedin on Friday night. Sleet and snow flurries on the Kilmog and a freezing southerly gale! Great. Next day dawned fine and clear......I wish! Freezing southerly and occasional light showers. We left early and parked in a bog in the car park. All the pieces were there but organisation was a joke. We could have easily not paid and scrutineering took all of 5 seconds. The first half of the trail was no more than ok-forestry roads with straight forward enduro sections. They would have been the main loop in Canterbury. The views were awesome and the southerly breakers smashing into the coast were spectacular. The enduros along the coast were fun with steep hillclimbs up rocky and clay cliffs. BBQ at the half way point was appreciated, where we refueled the bikes. The ride back was greatly improved with rolling paddocks with steep climbs and descents and more forestry with greasy clay tracks and bogs. The enduros were more challenging too. Not that the 'Widowmaker' hill climb was making many widows! If it was wet things would have been different. I ended up blowing my muffler packing racing with horrible young people doing jumps over big water tables on a steep hill climb. Back at the park, hamburgers included in the cost, excellent. There were St John people everywhere and marshals on all the important intersections which was good. I am glad we did it but it was a long way there and back so once might be enough.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    I am glad we did it but it was a long way there and back so once might be enough.
    thats what I said about the TT2000... you will be back, sounds awesome maybe take a few days extra net year.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike

Omihi-Precision Trail Ride.

COVID meant I was a no show but feedback says this was a very good ride, especially given rain on friday-ride on Saturday-pouring rain on Sunday! Very unhappy I missed this one. Final weekend of the month will be the Fairly 2 day event. I am planning on the second day, the excellent Mckenzies Pass course that loops right over the Burkes range into the Mckenzie basin and back. A great way to round out the season.

Bike
    BSA A10
    COVID meant I was a no show but feedback says this was a very good ride,
    We were out early and I would say the first lap sucked balls, lap two after a few hundred bikes had been over it was considerbaly nicer, I was too fucked to do a third, I would say his main loop is perhaps a bit harder than most in certain areas, oh yeah and fuck that little kid that rode straight through the bog I got stuck in

The views out along the coast are great
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    COVID meant I was a no show but feedback says this was a very good ride, especially given rain on friday-ride on Saturday-pouring rain on Sunday! Very unhappy I missed this one. Final weekend of the month will be the Fairly 2 day event. I am planning on the second day, the excellent Mckenzies Pass course that loops right over the Burkes range into the Mckenzie basin and back. A great way to round out the season.
    FFS... if its not school holidays then its a teacher only day (which I dont think anyone shows up for) or... its that oll get outa school card... covid LOL

hope ya not doing it to rough mate
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Fairlie 2 day this weekend, I hope to do Sunday, the Burkes pass day and Craig Pickering Memorial next weekend. I have not ridden this site-it looks like very open farm trails but apparently has plenty of enduro sections. Might be tempted if the weather looks good. Had to replace fork seals on the mighty Beta. Those SKF kits are mighty expensive......

Bike
    BSA A10
    Fairlie 2 day this weekend, I hope to do Sunday, the Burkes pass day and Craig Pickering Memorial next weekend. I have not ridden this site-it looks like very open farm trails but apparently has plenty of enduro sections. Might be tempted if the weather looks good. Had to replace fork seals on the mighty Beta. Those SKF kits are mighty expensive......
    I was looking at the Sunday but most likely going to the Southern classic instead, booked and paid for the Craig Pickering, I haven't done it on the new property

I'm still 40 hours away from fork seals but when I had them rebuilt I think they were 3 times the price of any other seal I've used but if they're the best I don't really care
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information