Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091
Results 1,351 to 1,356 of 1356

Thread: Canterbury Trail Rides?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So , how did the throttle stick on? I've had it happen, but it should not. In the dirtbike it turned out to be damage to the needle jet scratched the needle. Probably track side carb tuning.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So , how did the throttle stick on? I've had it happen, but it should not. In the dirtbike it turned out to be damage to the needle jet scratched the needle. Probably track side carb tuning.
    Iti shit mate, i dont think it did more couldn't handle it, he is getting a little long in the tooth aye... funny tho same weekend mine did to but with lightening responses and quick thinking clutch in and hard on the kill switch... never found a issue so think the rubber round the grip got caught up.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    So Grasmere did not quite go as planned. On the second enduro I had just completed the first hill climb when the throttle stuck on and the bike hit a rock in the grass at speed. I got thrown off into more rocks and severely bruised my left side ribs and tailbone plus the bike had its chain guide broken and sprocket bent.
    Fuck you're hard on gear

I did two laps and pulled the pin, didn't enjoy that ride as much as other years, very rough and dusty due to the dry weather

Nga managed to break a hydraulic clutch line on her X Trainer, must be a X Trainer riders thing to wreck shit
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    I stripped the carb-clean as my mind! Not a thing in there that should not have been. I have changed the throttle cable to hopefully make sure this does not happen again. As for being hard on the gear, I am simply doing my bit to support the local economy!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Inspect the needle for scratches midway. If you see any the needle jet is damaged. Caught me out. Damaged a 2nd needle.

Underneath the rubber boot at throttle you should safety wire between the cable end and the adjuster. Stops cable jumping out and getting hung upon edge of adjuster.

At the carb end you could do the same but that end is unlikely to get yanked by anything, as long as there isn't a silly amount of freeplay.

In your mind, program a coping mechanism.
    Pull clutch. Ignore screaming engine. Apply brakes carefully. Try kill button when safe.

Replace any degraded parts in throttle.
    Non adherence to the last bit ended racing for me.
    As did non adherence to the coping mechanism as I shut the throttle and the carb didn't believe me.

When it happened on the dirt a couple of years later I was ready with a plan.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    So Grasmere did not quite go as planned. On the second enduro I had just completed the first hill climb when the throttle stuck on and the bike hit a rock in the grass at speed. I got thrown off into more rocks and severely bruised my left side ribs and tailbone plus the bike had its chain guide broken and sprocket bent. No way out of there without a helecopter...! Fortunately a couple of tractor mechanics rode up with the heavy tools and didn't give up until the bike was rideable again! I was much indebted and limped the bike out of the enduro and back to the car park. I have been feeling very sorry for myself ever since but am starting to mend.
    Next ride Scargill and is not the shitty course it was in 2023-different farm this time.
    I had my throttle stick open years ago, just clicked it into 3rd, two minutes into my ride, wound it on and it kept going. By the time I'd wound it off and reached for the clutch the bike had flipped at high speed and sent me into a tree. Broke my ankle, and fractured my tibia. Broke my right collarbone as well as some other part of my shoulder. My arm was in a sling for weeks and my leg was in a cast. Right arm and, left leg.

Lay there for 20 minutes or so before some guys came along and helped me back to the car. I was on a '99 KX500, I'd only had it a couple of years since I bought it new. Three months off work.

The reason it happened, I think, was I'd had the tank off before then and put it back on without checking the throttle cable was free, it must have been wedged somewhere and compressed so it was unable to have freedom to move back whem I buttoned off. Lesson learnt.

Thread Information