Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The WR250 Thread

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    had another blinker issue after a dunking last weekend, just traced it to a small bit of river grit or a very very small stone if you like, it was stuck in a spot that prevented the switch from actually going all the way to the on position to activate my left blinker.
    Stone removed and cleaned the whole thing out again and all is well with the blinkers once more.

Now, what makes a wheel out of round and how much out of round is too much?
    At 50kph it feels quite annoying, at 100 it's gone again or just added vibration.
    Wonder if they did that on the service it just had by tightening the spokes wrong... or can an out of balance tyre (was my first thought is it simply may be in need of balancing) pull the wheel out of round?
    Just spun it by hand up on the jack and can see it's not totally true.

How'd ya get on with this issue?

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    I've gone and ordered a FMF Powercore 4 pipe and EFI programer... Next I'll get the hedder... Just couldn't help myself.

Qute keen on the Athena 290 too.. Love the bike but its just a little under powered for long hills, passing and strong head winds.... Peope say im mad and if I want more power get a bigger bike... But this bikes so darn near perfect and reqires minimal mantanince. Dont see my self seling it. May buy a streat bike next year as well for carving up the twisties.

Oppinions? (On doing the big bore kit).

Exhaust, airbox, emissions seem to take it from 25hp to 27-28hp add the athena kit and should be well into the 30s

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    Quote Originally Posted by oneblackflag View Post
    I've gone and ordered a FMF Powercore 4 pipe and EFI programer... Next I'll get the hedder... Just couldn't help myself.

Qute keen on the Athena 290 too.. Love the bike but its just a little under powered for long hills, passing and strong head winds.... Peope say im mad and if I want more power get a bigger bike... But this bikes so darn near perfect and reqires minimal mantanince. Dont see my self seling it. May buy a streat bike next year as well for carving up the twisties.

Oppinions? (On doing the big bore kit).

Exhaust, airbox, emissions seem to take it from 25hp to 27-28hp add the athena kit and should be well into the 30s
    yeah go for it
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    2010 wr250r
    Looking forward to hearing your impressions once you've got it all bolted on Oneblackflag.

Got a few more bits an pieces for mine in the last month or so;
    Doubletake mirrors turned up finally
    Protaper bars
    Fastway evo air pegs
    Tail rack
    Wolfman duffel

It's neverending and to make matters worse I've started to lust over Klim riding gear

Next week I'm going to change the gearing to 13/47, Transalper I think you mentioned in another thread that you changed yours, if you read this could you let us know what you did and how it worked out?

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave h View Post
    Looking forward to hearing your impressions once you've got it all bolted on Oneblackflag.

Got a few more bits an pieces for mine in the last month or so;
    Doubletake mirrors turned up finally
    Protaper bars
    Fastway evo air pegs
    Tail rack
    Wolfman duffel

It's neverending and to make matters worse I've started to lust over Klim riding gear

Next week I'm going to change the gearing to 13/47, Transalper I think you mentioned in another thread that you changed yours, if you read this could you let us know what you did and how it worked out?
    Addictive huh. You must be happy with the bars, I put Renthals on wich had a higher bend and the difference was night and day. Need that taill rack and bag myself... Not to mention the tank...

As for your gearing how much open road do you do? I put a 12 up front for a while which is a similer ratio to what you're considering , was great for dirt/gravel but IMHO to much revs on the road (although it could pull my fat arse to a higher speed 150 vs 130... On a closed track of course) GPS indicated...

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post
    yeah go for it
    You say the sweetest things Dino

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Another man gave an opinion saying it was fine, when I compare it to the two other spoked wheels my womanly friend and I have between us they are a lot rounder.
    Since he said it was fine we balanced the wheel to see if that does it, first test will be this Sunday coming.

...Next week I'm going to change the gearing to 13/47, Transalper I think you mentioned in another thread that you changed yours, if you read this could you let us know what you did and how it worked out?
    My gearing has changed several times, not even sure what stock was any more but it was needlessly tall.
    I currently do almost everything on 13/49 including the long roady bits as necessary. It is a little low, going to 13/48 next round.
    I know several people who use 13/47 for ADV and still change to 12/47 for the proper farm trail rides.
    My intention is to not need to change the sprockets for the various types of rides, just make do with the inbetween... use the clutch a bit more where needed and I don't mind the extra highway revving toooo much. It still pulls 100kph (by GPS) two gears down from top with the 13/49 so just go closer to redline then back it off, it (the vibs etc) won't feel so bad after that... kind of.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Update on the bumpy ride, balancing the wheel made a difference, good enough now that I'm not sure if i'm still feeling it a little bit or if it's just Christchurchs and surrounding areas damaged warped bumpy roads. It was very obvious before.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Seems like im waiting forever for this pipe to turn up... USPS tracking shows it was last processed in Chicago on the 27th. I ended up getting the hedder pipe too and it showed up a week ago. Found out today US call centers are more annoying than here.. No music.. Just adds for different postal services looped over and over had to hang up in the end.

Rant complete.

Bike
    2010 wr250r
    Has it turned up yet? How many times have you clicked on the tracking link?

Nothing new to report with my one other than my garmin Montana hit the ejector button at 90kph on sunday because I never checked it was locked into the mount properly

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Has it turned up yet? How many times have you clicked on the tracking link?

Nothing new to report with my one other than my garmin Montana hit the ejector button at 90kph on sunday because I never checked it was locked into the mount properly

Turned up finaly on Tuesday . Got all bolted on: header, pipe and programmer. Made the rookie mistake of combined shipping and had to pay out customs and the tax man :faceplam:. Leason learned.

I was pretty surprised with how much more lively she is now. I have a long gravel driveway and the back is spinning and fishtailing the whole way. Seems to rev out and accelerate alot quicker .

Havent taken the AIS off yet or tweek the fulling from fmf's setting.

The Powercore 4 is loud oh so loud but sounds alot deeper and badass, probably will need the quiet insert for WOF purposes .

Alass I wont be able to ride for a month, went for spinal surgery on Wednesday got out today, 3 months till i can work again.. .

Overall if you have the cash and are so inclined its worthwile but probably only if you can get all 3 components.

Next on the list is the IMS 3.1 gallon tank.

Did the Garmin survive?

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Also might try a 13/45 gearing change from 13/43 stock since im doing most my k's on road. Have it at 12/45 on tracks maybe

Bike
    2010 wr250r
    I'll have a look into getting a pipe etc once the silly season has passed. The guy that raced his WRR in the 2012 Australasian Safari had the same combo as you from memory.

No the Garmin didn't survive

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131221_130052.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	529.6 KB 
ID:	291279

Nice to look at, can't wait to get back on her.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure

BigDog on ADV ticked over 50000 miles on his WR...

Good for the long haul then if you look after them... AND has done nothing to it either mechanically.

Thread Information