Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycletreads - Do they answer emails?

Bike
    None Yet

Cycletreads - Do they answer emails?

Don't get me wrong - they have been pleasant enough to deal with when I visit the shop in person.

But in my opinion; in this day and age, especially when they choose to have an online presence (http://www.cycletreads.co.nz) and actively encouraging people to "enquire" and stating "Whatever the question we are keen to hear from you", not responding to email is very unprofessional.

I understand they are busy, I can see that when I visit the store, their phone lines are usually busy too. I don't expect them to drop everything to answer my emails. But I would have thought email to be the perfect medium for communication - it doesn't bind staff members during peak hours, take a business day or two - that would have been perfectly fine.

I personally attempted to contact cycletreads via email four times over the last 4 months or so and have not received a single response. Twice following up on an order, another regarding product exchange due to incorrect sizing, I ended-up going in the store to sort things out. My latest email attempt was a sales inquiry, I was ready to spent around $600 on a new set of tyres - I simply wanted to confirm they had the sizes I need before I ride up there... and *crickets*.

A fellow biker at work had similar experiences, recently he asked for availability on some engine oil and not a peep. I guess I am just puzzled at their business practice - are they so swamped with in-store customers (contempt with current revenue) they are completely ignoring/neglecting online customer service? By chance anyone from the store reads this; if nothing else, I think you guys could potentially be missing out on a significant amount of business, consider this; 30 seconds answering an email would have meant a $600 purchase (from me in this instance), compared to a person in-store spending 30 minutes trying on every pair of boots and not buying anything.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Not defending them, but do you know your email actually got to them? Easy enough for it to be classed as spam or similar, and they never receive.

Never expect the email got through, unless you're emailing back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    None Yet
    I'm pretty confident they are getting these emails - I used their "Contact Us" form, surely their mail system can't be marking emails originating from their own website as spam? If so, their network admin needs a kick in the backside.

But more importantly, the one time I went in-store to do the exchange, the staff member actually said to me "Oh, you must be the guy that sent the email..."

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    As usual,it comes down to people

The employee would clearly rather hang out shooting the breeze with the customers in the shop than wading thru emails,especially when the walk in client might be a hot chick on a ninja

Of course the emails might be answered by an employee who never even leaves the dingy old office with the 15 inch CRT screen,in which case they are probably too busy updating their Facebook status or downloading prawn

I doubt that any of this behaviour is condoned or even known about by Cycletreads management,I know some of them personally,but as management and retail are often a harbour bridge and motorway trip away,the cats often away and the mice will play
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    '21 Aprilia Tuono
    Cycletreads - great to deal with in person, but absolutely hopeless at following up enquiries. I once asked them if they could get a helmet in for me, told them to give me ring with the price/availability, never heard back.

Rung them up twice over the next few weeks to check what the story was and each time they hadn't even bothered to look.

In the end I gave up, rung Motomail, they rung me back within 30min and I had the helmet two days later.

Bike
    Depends on the ride.
    This is my post from June.
    I would have thought they would have sorted it by now.

"Cycletreads.
    I have in the past ordered online and got what I ordered in reasonable time.

I placed an online order for some tyres some time ago and after a week or so I sent an e-mail. No response.
    I rang them. He said he would check it out and ring me back soon. No phone call.
    Some 6 hrs. later I rang them back. Got put through several people.
    Finally they said they didn't have the front.
    Its on their site as available online.
    I have paid $$ online for these items.
    Finally they said they will ring me tomorrow.

Why not say here is your rear and we have credited your card for the front.
    Or even contact me and tell me what the problem is.

Q. Do I hold my breath or ask for my $$ back.
    A phrase of arses and elbows springs to mind and shopping elsewhere. "

Finally after numerous phone calls and several more days of them saying they will ring me and not doing so -
    I put it on them - Give me my money back or supply the tyres.
    Only then did I get movement.

I got 1 that I ordered and another that they had in stock but not the one I ordered.
    Interesting their website showed both were available.

I did not get any reply from e-mail, however they were quick to take my $ with the online shop.
    Would I shop with them again...... Not my first choice..

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    I have left answer phone messages several times before and NEVER had a follow up call.

They are great when you talk to them but you have to persist until you get a real person on the phone not an answering machine.

Never had any issues though with anything I have personally bought from them

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Ìts all about comunication. My bikes been i.n a workshop a month now and the only convoz about whats happening have been initiated by me. Still waiting on a part but seems their phonez only work 1 way.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    No, I have sent two emails and even left a message on the answer phone in recent times...nothing!

On Tuesday of this week I went and saw them, was not even spoken to when I approached the counter (chap was watching his computer monitor) even just a ''be with ya in minute mate'' would be suffice. He eventually gave me his full attention and I got a quote for some new tyres, which was $190 cheaper than another shop!

On the email thing? he said something about ''oh yeah the bla bla is having a dokakie yadda waa''... the old baffle you with bullshit line.

Have to agree with the biggo post above.

Bike
    It was on the good
    No point complaining on here. If I was you I would send them an email.

Bike
    Depends on the ride.
    At one stage towards the end of my latest experience I asked if I could speak the manager, a Mr Scott I think from memory.
    Sure was the answer and I was promptly cut off.
    I wanted to give him a heads up on what is occurring with his business - and as I do have some expertise with Quality Customer Service sadly lacking here for months it would seem...and offer some help.

If anybody can contact him and let him know I am sure he would be grateful as it seems this business is heading down the toilet for all but the walk in customers, which is sad as they have great products and prices but being destroyed by poor staff with a cavalier attitude to customer service.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    i have been looking at tyre prices, and they are a great deal cheaper,
    im hesitent to buy them if they dont have the stock listed, as i take a 16 inch front tyre,
    sadly i cant just walk in

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    2012 Triumph Rocket III Touring
    I recently enquired about tyres via e-mail, I had no issues whatsoever, it was followed by phone calls from them as well.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Post up bad feedback on their facebook page. Companies seem to care more about facebook than anything else these days. You should get prompt action after that

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Motomail are great.

Motoone are great.

Other shops without Moto in there name are rubbish at getting back to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information