Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Busa or Blackbird?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    That's the last of the unrestricted ones. Pre 300kph limiting. After that model the air intake snout is more aerodynamic looking but the limiters started.
    Saying that mine had 167 rwhp and never reached the limiter so factory claims arnt always worth listning to.

Its was the kind of bike that could sit at 90-110 no problem and have an evil top end with power and torque if requested.
    Im not interested in much over 200. Are they stable at speed? they have a steering damper?

This ones done just under 60k, they last well in the motors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by 300weatherby View Post
    Busa!!!! The Busa is no more difficult to punt in the twisty stuff than any other big bike, riders need to look at themselves first, the bike second. Buy mine (on TM)and i'll teach you how to ride a Busa effectively. Busa will nanna about as a shopping trolley, will fang in the twisties, will make like a dragster, and is a LEDGEND, in a way the blackbird, zx12 and the like will NEVER, be.

Fly into CHCH on a friday, spend the afternoon at Ruapuna, ride it home the next day, will cover the costs and sort the logistics at my asking price. Now you are curious, you gotta figure out which one is mine..........
    Is it the one with different colour fairings from side to side?

Bike
    Multi choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Jeeze........! not!
    Speed kills-just ask the rabbit......

Bike
    Multi choice.
    Is it the one with different colour fairings from side to side?
    Yup. With practice you Sherlocking skills improve!

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Yup. With practice you Sherlocking skills improve!
    Its the only one in Christchurch. Hmm interesting. I just happen to have a mate that's a mint painter.

I do like that green ZX12 though.

Bike
    Multi choice.
    Its the only one in Christchurch. Hmm interesting. I just happen to have a mate that's a mint painter.

I do like that green ZX12 though.
    Well, you could be the only Busa rider in the country with a Kermit green Busa......... Have a calculate of the value of the service, then subtract that number from the asking price, then compare the remainder value against others on offer.........

Then add in a flight south on the big orange budgey, track time to understand the bike on the best track in NZ, and a road trip home, wins all around, I can tell you are on a roll right now............

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Im not interested in much over 200. Are they stable at speed? they have a steering damper?

This ones done just under 60k, they last well in the motors?
    I tend to buy new bike every year or two. I don't even know how long ago I had a bike with over 30k on it.
    Its hard at 60k as if looked after by previous owners may do another 100k but if not looked after may not.
    Any bike carries the same risk.
    Idd get it checked and ask for service receipts.
    Its a cracker price and a lot of bike for that money.

Not long ago I spotted a 2005 with 28k in silver for 7.5grand

Im not sure a busa would out handle a 12 in corners. Idd say the 12 would out handle my 14r by a long shot and reviews seems to rate the 14r handling above the generation 2 busa.
    Busa would have a mid range pull advantage and higher top speed.
    The reason busas held the top spot for so long is the range of accessories due to the length of unchanged production time.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Neither is supposed to be ridden around town...

Keep the Hornet, it's plenty good at that. You also want a more relaxed riding position. Again, the Hornet is the most relaxed...

Mileage? 60k is nothing on a Hornet.

edit: Servicing on the Hornet is a whole lot cheaper and simpler too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Be better off with a zx12r. Have owned a blackbird and zx12. The 12 comfort level is the same as the blackbird but the handling, ground clearance is better on the 12 if you want to corner at any speed.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-661318783.htm cheap one but idd try find later one.
    I think Madness may still be selling his.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Neither is supposed to be ridden around town...

Keep the Hornet, it's plenty good at that. You also want a more relaxed riding position. Again, the Hornet is the most relaxed...

Mileage? 60k is nothing on a Hornet.

edit: Servicing on the Hornet is a whole lot cheaper and simpler too...
    Well ive lifted the pegs on the Hornet 30mm up and back over stock. And am looking at lower bars. After riding the Hyobag for the first time in a year I have found that a sports position may be able to work for me, its got flat bars on it now and rearsets set full back. Changing the pegs on the Hornet has helped me get to grips with its handling a lot. As for size my old Bandit was about the same as the Blackbird/Busa so that doesn't bother me.

As Im the only person that works on my bikes, servicing is a non-issue. Only place they will go to is Drury tyres for new rubbers from time to time.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Well, you could be the only Busa rider in the country with a Kermit green Busa......... Have a calculate of the value of the service, then subtract that number from the asking price, then compare the remainder value against others on offer.........

Then add in a flight south on the big orange budgey, track time to understand the bike on the best track in NZ, and a road trip home, wins all around, I can tell you are on a roll right now............
    Is it a first gen one? Are all the fairings good just different colours?

I reckon a deep red with gold wheels on that. still would probably cost 1k at least to tidy it up I think if I did it how I would want. I have always wanted a Busa.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Can't go wrong with a busa, def aint the best bike for lane splliting due to the width but everything which has been said previously has been true. Your spolit for choice with the after market, there are custom parts for everything to suit everyones style.

Most modified street bike in the world.

Bike
    All of them
    Someone explain the logic of buying a 300kph bike for 100kph speed limited roads?

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Someone explain the logic of buying a 300kph bike for 100kph speed limited roads?
    Because some rules are meant to be broken.

Either that or we are just mean angry BAMFs.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Sold
    I had a Blackbird for 8 years and absolutely loved it. Mossy's comments about catching the fairing is spot on but that's fixed by raising the rear ride height. Ignoring the emotional appeal of owning either bike, be ready for high "consumable" costs like rear tyres! Both bikes have bullet-proof motors with good routine maintenance. Lots of the UK Blackbird owners have done over a quarter of a million miles with nothing more than a cam chain tensioner change. Owning a 'bird or a 'busa is a great experience (notwithstanding Big Dave's valid comment ), particularly if you're on the open road a lot but they're naturally a bit more cumbersome in town than a lighter bike.

I've owned a Street Triple for 4 years since selling the 'bird. Interestingly, the difference in power to weight ratio between the Triple and 'bird is a lot less than you'd expect and it only becomes really apparent at open highway speeds. Pillion carrying isn't an issue for me. I miss the top end rush of the 'bird but overall, prefer the Triple for the type of riding I do these days. Horses for courses an' all that!

Thread Information