Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Parking carparks

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125

Wilson Parking carparks

Hey all,
    Out of curiosity I emailed Wilson Parking for their formal stance on motorcycle parking. Not sure if this is already common knowledge or not, but here is the email correspondence.

My initial email -
    Hi there,

Can you please advise is your Durham Lane carpark has parks/places for motorbikes/scooters? And if so, what is the charge? Or is it free?
    In a lot of carparks there are free motorbike parks in little spots where cars cannot fit. I was just wondering if it was the same for your Durham Lane carpark.

If you could please email me back that would be greatly appreciated.

His response -
    Hi Lauren,

Motorbike and scooter parking is the same across all of our sites. It must be paid monthly, as there is nowhere to display a casual ticket.
    It is $80.00+gst per month for this, and this allows you to park anywhere in the car park which is not obstructing another vehicle and is not an actual car park.

We do require a minimum parking term of 2 months. Once that minimum term is complete, your account will begin to roll over on a monthly basis unless cancellation notice was given, and we require one month’s written notice. Lastly with your initial payment, there is a one off administration fee of $45. This is to get your new account set up in our system, and to create and issue the access pass for that car park.

Does this sound like something you would be interested in?
    Kind regards,

I politely told him to go shove it as I can park elsewhere for free.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

If you can find em, Auckland city Council car parks are still free to park in as I understand it.
    Same thing though, you park anywhere but in a car park, they even have designated bike parks, but most often they're away from view and that's a bad idea these days.
    On you, if more of us actually did that , they'd pretty soon get the message that bikers ain't going to pay their toll!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    If you can find em, Auckland city Council car parks are still free to park in as I understand it.
    Same thing though, you park anywhere but in a car park, they even have designated bike parks, but most often they're away from view and that's a bad idea these days.
    On you, if more of us actually did that , they'd pretty soon get the message that bikers ain't going to pay their toll!
    I normally park in the Auckland Transport one on Vic St at the top of the hill. But recently they put in lines and the gaps are waaay too big and now people are parking like inconsiderate idiots. Ie. Parking in the middle of a gap that would fit 2-3 bikes purely because of the lines.

The Durham Street one is right next to my work so would've been great for me, but ah well. Idiots will be idiots. And there's no way I'm parking $92 a month and not getting a whole carpark to myself!!

Thats another thing that annoys me. If I'm paying a monthly charge the same as a car, I expect my own carpark, not to be told to find some corner to piss off to.
    /rant

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozza2442 View Post
    If I'm paying a monthly charge the same as a car, I expect my own carpark, not to be told to find some corner to piss off to.
    Don't know their rules, but if it's the same price (which I'm doubting) then hell, get a park, and you can park a car there too, or whatever you want to. That's if you want to shell out that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    That's if you want to shell out that much.
    Haha nah, I'm good. I'd rather stick with free carparking.

I checked with people I work with (who drive 'cages'), one person has a carpark there and pays that price. And another parks at Auckland Transport one I'm currently parking at and pays LESS.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    A tad over $3 per day for park in Auckland?... thats a good rate.
    $2 per hour in Takapuna. (I will check on the day rate this evening)

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Haha nah, I'm good. I'd rather stick with free carparking.

I checked with people I work with (who drive 'cages'), one person has a carpark there and pays that price. And another parks at Auckland Transport one I'm currently parking at and pays LESS.
    Ah. Just found out one of these is a company park so is a special rate and the other person thought I meant $192. not $92.

Whoopsie.

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    A tad over $3 per day for park in Auckland?... thats a good rate.
    $2 per hour in Takapuna. (I will check on the day rate this evening)
    Hmm, never thought of it that way. Fair point. I was more meaning that it's such a huge difference between free and $92.
    There's less security at the one you pay for aswell. - It's unmanned.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Hmm, never thought of it that way. Fair point. I was more meaning that it's such a huge difference between free and $92.
    There's less security at the one you pay for aswell. - It's unmanned.
    I dont pay, I park outside the door of the building I go to...actually, I could ride inside because the auto doors open for me when I get there, its like magic

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    I dont pay, I park outside the door of the building I go to...actually, I could ride inside because the auto doors open for me when I get there, its like magic
    Should try it one day and see what reaction you get!

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    Screw that!!! I used to park on the Queen Street parking right up the top near Ames, was sweet as! Plenty of parking for bikes in "no space" areas just off to the side out of the way. Not sure if this has changed, this was about a year ago now

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Bruce Mason Center parking...$4 per day and, $5 per day at the pay and display uncovered parking along side.

Bike
    Your mom
    You could just drive a cage INTO work. Skip to the 3:20 mark.

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Auckland transport website links to all free bike parks incl council carpark bldgs
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    [I]Motorbike and scooter parking is the same across all of our sites. It must be paid monthly, as there is nowhere to display a casual ticket.It is $80.00+gst per month for this, and this allows you to park anywhere in the car park which is not obstructing another vehicle and is not an actual car park.
    I had a similar incident with them today as well. Spoke to a chap called Hugo at the call center. I rove around Auckland quite a bit (Contractor, visiting multiple clients) and Wilson has a reasonable range of parking options available.

Parked at the ANZ Center on Monday, no problems. No need to pay, the guy just waved me through when I went to present the ticket.

Different attendant today who not only didn't want to take my money, but abused me for daring to park there.

What?

They have a Casual rate displayed and their website lists it as a casual car park, so I called the call center to find out what is potting.

Apparently the answer is no, motorcycles are no longer allowed to park casually in any Wilson car park. Either you have a monthly pass or you fuck off. Even if you take a ticket, occupy a slot the same as a car and then attempt to pay for your parking as a motorcycle this is not allowed. No casual motorcycle parking - at all.

I asked Hugo what the fuck the difference between a motorcycle and a car is if we take a ticket, park in a bay and then exit paying for parking; but apparently no - not allowed. And they won't give you a roving monthly pass that allow you to park at any park when you're there - it is only applicable to one car park and needs a day or two to move to a different location.

Next time I'll just park on the cobbled area in front of the building. Fuck trying to do the right thing.

Thread Information