Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Metric cruisers?

Bike
    vulcanNomad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    Yep I like shaft drive, and I have been considering the Yamaha's, I also quiet like the look of the Kawasaki's, I think I would prefer shaft drive over belt drive.
    Then the 1600 Nomad is what u want, had mine coming up 5 years, never had any trouble with her good one or two up, have done a few minor things like power commander, new breather and stuff not much gay chrome either, and you do see good ones from time to time at the top end of your budget about 250kms to a tank but by then I usually need a coffee anyway.
    Don't judge me based upon your ignorance.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    So who has had or owns a Yamaha XVZ 1300, what did you think, ie pros / cons, and mods?.
    Just read a review on one last night. 78 hp & 357kg? This may not be the model you're thinking of.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...r.s.t%2005.htm
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Suzuki Intruder Vs1400
    vulcans 1500s upwards are good for that price .can get them Carby or FI .FI 2001 come with 5 gallon tanks 300km good ground clearance comfy all day long even two up and for the size better lean than others, shaft driven and water cooled.FI are better than carbs.start and go.nice sound to especially if you have cobra drags on them

Cons they big and get mistaken for harleys cant think or havent come across anything bad about them.... honestly

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    As I said at the beginning, I'm not into Harleys, if you are good for you. Ive set my mind on a budget that suits me, to buy a toy. I will at some stage take a Cruiser for a test ride, to get an idea if it suits me.
    I like to ride a bike, sitting around polishing and admiring a bike, it eats into my precious riding time, as I'm not into brand names and labels, I couldn't give a rats about the catalog with the brands shiney bolt on bits, or his and hers hand bags. I geuss that the marketing departments hate me, because I would rather figure out what I want to buy, rather than be sold to.
    I rode 'cruisers' for a good 20yrs...
    Starting with the 'venerable' 1100 Virago... yep looked like a tarts boudoir, but the motor is still around in different guises. Was faster the (mid 80's) than a HD Sporty 1200. handles reasonably, even test mag's at the time rated it as overall best handling and 'up the top' for speed.
    Had a Kwacka VN1500C, fantastic motor, 4 speed box (then) and only needed 4 speeds. Let down by soggy very handling and poor ground clearance.

Best metric cruiser I ever owned? The Guzzi 1100 California... it was rated in a US mag at the time, as the 'best harley' .. out performed everything else. I had an acquaintance with a Guzzi 850 lemon who when I was 2 up admitted for 'roll on' he couldnt keep up, (untill the lemon finally really 'cammed in') but the lemon was only about 10-15mph faster on top end. It actually STOPS and could totally out manoeuver any other cruiser out of the box, round NZ roads. I would seriously recommend trying one for a good ride as well.
    I only parted with it as the then long term girlfriend found it was a bit 'too firm' so the VN1500 was purchased.

Only other 'recommendation' I could make is based on the current bike.. of which the motor is a donor from. The Star Warrior 1700. it's a long stroke, low revving (as in HD big block revs) highly torquey bit of kit... Patrick Racing (USA) do some serious aftermarket tuning kits for it.
    things like the M109 are without doubt faster, but I ride often with an M109 with the 'upgrade ecu' that gives 175bhp.... when it comes to the twisty bits? it runs wide like a bus. The C109 (detuned traditional cruiser) version would likely also be a good option, but they are few between and seem to be 'costly'.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Just read a review on one last night. 78 hp & 357kg? This may not be the model you're thinking of.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...r.s.t%2005.htm
    took one of these for a road test (had one in TSS) it's the cruiser the original Vmax lump was lifted from.... It (IMO) needed revving the shit out of to make it go...

The 1300cc V-twin seems there's a 'water cooled' one, is from the 900/1300/1600/1700cc pushrod 'air cooled' family of donk's used in many of the 'Star' cruisers for the USA market... I can attest to the amount of grunt produced by the 1700cc version.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Hodor
    Metric cruisers are for cheap nob cheese infested wankers

Bike
    Vegas 8Ball 2014 Ultra
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    the truth at last hahahaha
    Anglo American Motorcycle Club

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    dont hold back...tell us how you really feel
    SIGN HERE X

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It's like watching a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    What a soft cock, who wears pants when posting on facebook?

Bike
    2010 YAMAHA XVS 1100
    I see the average IQ in this thread has just plummeted.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazztah View Post
    I see the average IQ in this thread has just plummeted.
    Dont be tough on yourself

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    yup and HD's are for wannabe's

Ride to pretend
    Pretend to ride!

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    yup and HD's are for wannabe's

Ride to pretend
    Pretend to ride!
    Thats why they strive to make metrics look like an HD

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Thats why they strive to make metrics look like an HD
    I'd agree that, the Japs have always been good at copying a design. But!! I ride all year, and I know I see far more 'metric' cruisers, or metric bikes on the road in inclement weather, than Hardly Rideitson's.....
    Jeeze we have a 'real biker' at work,,, 5yr old HD, with 2000km's on the clock, and I am NOT joking!

Most HD's only see the light of day at weekends and summer... oh and of course we now all have to wear the 'obligatory' Nazi helmet, face mask, leather vest over jacket, or over just a T shirt, mirror shades, fingerless, or, no gloves....

Yup I am so glad I am not a 'HD' real biker!

HD didnt 'design' the look, they simply never changed from the basic design philosophy of that era.......

I will admit to meeting a 'few' HD riders who do ride all year, but they ARE the minority.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    I'd agree that, the Japs have always been good at copying a design. But!! I ride all year, and I know I see far more 'metric' cruisers, or metric bikes on the road in inclement weather, than Hardly Rideitson's.....
    Jeeze we have a 'real biker' at work,,, 5yr old HD, with 2000km's on the clock, and I am NOT joking!

Most HD's only see the light of day at weekends and summer... oh and of course we now all have to wear the 'obligatory' Nazi helmet, face mask, leather vest over jacket, or over just a T shirt, mirror shades, fingerless, or, no gloves....

Yup I am so glad I am not a 'HD' real biker!

HD didnt 'design' the look, they simply never changed from the basic design philosophy of that era.......

I will admit to meeting a 'few' HD riders who do ride all year, but they ARE the minority.
    You cunts crack me up. You must work at a fuckin hair dressers.
    the vast majority of vest and fingerless glove wearing riders are on metrics, trying to emulate some "hard cunt" they saw on sons of wankery.
    Harley riders just ride bikes. Just like Suzuki riders just ride bikes. Just different flavours. You might need to get your penis checked before it disappears altogether.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    You cunts crack me up. You must work at a fuckin hair dressers.
    the vast majority of vest and fingerless glove wearing riders are on metrics, trying to emulate some "hard cunt" they saw on sons of wankery.
    Harley riders just ride bikes. Just like Suzuki riders just ride bikes. Just different flavours. You might need to get your penis checked before it disappears altogether.
    I'd suggest the required penis check, is your mate. I dont ride a cruiser, although I used to, both Japanese 'metric' and Italian (Guzzi). Bollox to the 'vast majority' of fingerless glove riders on metric. I ride just about every day, no car, so yup I am a 'wannabe' who emulates some twat off the TV.

The VAST majority of Sons of Wankery imitators I see are on Hardly Rideitson's.....

HD sell the 'bad boy image'... suckers buy into it in droves, and pay 'premium prices' for the privilage!

Thread Information