Page 305 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405805 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 16087

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Nice patina though...
    One man's nice patina is another man's rust. Or something.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    really, how come you're god and have decided that, just what makes it not collectable or classic?
    I didn't decide anything. The FJ1200 is like a brown paper bag of the motorcycle world. Functional and forgettable. I doubt you could find anyone that seriously considers the FJ1200 a classic but if you owned more than one of them then I guess that makes them collectable. Just don't count on making your fortune from it.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    The FJ1200 is like a brown paper bag of the motorcycle world. Functional and forgettable. I doubt you could find anyone that seriously considers the FJ1200 a classic but if you owned more than one of them then I guess that makes them collectable. Just don't count on making your fortune from it.
    You're probably right but the FJ1100/1200 were fantastic bikes and the best of the class in more ways than one.

They just didn't have that X factor.

You could say that about the 380 Mitsubishi too. Best 6 cylinder car ever made in Australia in a lot of ways but you rarely see one anymore ...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    You're probably right but the FJ1100/1200 were fantastic bikes and the best of the class in more ways than one.

Dunno 'bout that.

Bike
    Exercycle

You could say that about the 380 Mitsubishi too. Best 6 cylinder car ever made in Australia in a lot of ways but you rarely see one anymore ...
    Ironic you mention cars...It's my understanding that Yamaha had to establish a production line for the engines in the US when the car race class using those engines took off in a big way...
    From what i've heard, more of the engines were used in the cars than in bikes....

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    WTF you can buy a brand new 2015 one from Kawasaki with a factory warranty for a dollar less!

http://www.kawasaki.co.nz/catalog/st...0KFFA/overview

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    I didn't decide anything. The FJ1200 is like a brown paper bag of the motorcycle world. Functional and forgettable. I doubt you could find anyone that seriously considers the FJ1200 a classic but if you owned more than one of them then I guess that makes them collectable. Just don't count on making your fortune from it.

Depends on your viewpoint..I think Stylo has it about right.
    I'd say the high majority of those of us who have owned FJ1200's would consider them benchmark bikes for the age/period.
    They were the first 'decent handling' Japanese bike. {the first one where the engine didnt overpower the frame} compared to the earlier bikes, they DID handle well.. Try the type of riding done today on an XS1100, Z900, GS1100 etc you soon realise suspension/frame/brakes are not up to the job.
    The motor was/is an absolute 'peach'. The fact it is still used in the XJR1300 is testament to that fact, even HD have had 3 'upgrades' to the V twin in that time.
    The FJ is considered even today a 'competent' touring mount, and it outlasted for production length ALL of it's contemporaries by many years. Yamaha got it 'right' with the FJ, just like the FJR1300 that finally replaced it... still in production and has outlasted all it's contemporaries bar the ST Honda.
    To take off the idea of any 'rose tinted' I owned a ZZR1100 directly after the FJ1200. Absolutely a better bike in all aspects bar one... The FJ absolutely out performed the ZZR in top gear 80-140km roll on overtaking.
    It is a 'classic', probably not 'collectable' yet, as there are still so many on the road compared to other bikes of the era. That fact alone is testament to the bike.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    really, how come you're god and have decided that, just what makes it not collectable or classic?
    +1 on not a classic or collectable. Just another fully faired two wheeled car.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    If a Mitsi 380 is the best 6 to ever come out of Australia it's a wonder that Ford and GM didn't team up to nuke Australia from orbit to prevent their Aussie product from ever being revealed to the public.

The Mitsi 380 is a wallowing, poorly assembled pig, that redefines understeer as the ability to plow furrows straight ahead while trying to change lanes on the motorway. It has an engine that makes the most uninspiring dull roar while accelerating slower than a 1964 Austin Cambridge running on three cylinders.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    it's a wonder that Ford and GM didn't team up to nuke Australia from orbit to prevent their Aussie product from ever being revealed to the public.

They totes would have if they thought they could get away with it because they are fuckers, engaged in fuckery of the highest order.

Nice ALIENS reference BTW
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    suzuki
    what is it about cunts that all they see in a classic bike is money? i've got old toys, and yes some have increased in value but there are many many better ways to make money.
    anyway, explain army indians, bsa bantams etc, how come those peices of shit are classics and collectable?

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    anyway, explain army indians, bsa bantams etc, how come those peices of shit are classics and collectable?
    I'm with ya there Spyda....that's got me rooted as well

My old bangers might be increasing in value (are actually) but they're not for sale so who gives a toss. I just like riding the bloody things. Guess my kids will benefit from my obsession.

Or by then they may be worthless

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post

Or by then they may be worthless
    I've seen you ride, so.......Yip.

Thread Information