Page 626 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636676726 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 16087

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ojyamaha View Post
    Mines 37000 km unmolested except for Marving pipes. Paid 5k for it a couple of years ago[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-lk
    Nice collection mate.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    What I'd give to ride a Yammie LC again...

but I need to get my arm out of this damned sling first...
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Nice collection mate.
    Not allowed to say the c word !! But thanks . Stuck in the 80's.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    What I'd give to ride a Yammie LC again...

but I need to get my arm out of this damned sling first...
    One to keep an eye on

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1605226897.htm

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Except for this bit... "and is still scary fast..you have to hold on tight when the power valves open! ". Righto!

Bike
    Except for this bit... "and is still scary fast..you have to hold on tight when the power valves open! ". Righto!
    Yeah must be a rather timid soul but you missed the bast part : "Still with its factory motor and frame"

Bike
    Various things
    Yeah must be a rather timid soul but you missed the bast part : "Still with its factory motor and frame"
    Lol. Top show Old Bean!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    not any I ever rode either, the only thing in the favour of the 350/4 was the cb400 really didn't need the 6th gear.
    The 400/4 was a much better bike all around.

Not sure what Grumph will say but he should know having built both, but I would expect a CB350 twin would be way faster and cheaper than a 350/4 racer with only the 350 four sounding a bit cooler.
    The twin is the better bike, yes, but finding one with a good crank is nearly impossible now. At least the plain bearing 350/400 is readily rebuildable.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Now I'm depressed. I was hoping for a second there that mine was gonna be worth some serious coin when I'd finished the resto. It wasn't in much worse condition than that when I got it off trademe for $1... its not even gonna owe me $8k once I've finished a ground up resto.
    A guy I know records every cent he spends on his bikes. Normally Beemers, normally fours. He strayed from the straight and narrow and bought a Ducati, the relationship was very brief. He didn't like what the figures were adding up to. A decade or two later he strayed again and bought a Harley, that relationship too was very brief for the same reason.

Me, I'd rather not know. On the other hand, I'd have been able to afford a new bathroom years ago.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Oohh, non std frame/tank rubbers. Disqualified

I had mine for years, it was cool. If you hadn't riddn for 10 years maybe scary fast for a week or so. After that just useful. 6k and even though obsessively clean you just know there will be a bunch of stuff to fix and replace. Mine had over an inch play in the rear linkage at the wheel. Mate just bought it new and never noticed, as it wore, heck must have been 4 years old when I got it. Needed some inventive machining to avoid new link arms.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Oohh, non std frame/tank rubbers. Disqualified

I had mine for years, it was cool. If you hadn't riddn for 10 years maybe scary fast for a week or so. After that just useful. 6k and even though obsessively clean you just know there will be a bunch of stuff to fix and replace. Mine had over an inch play in the rear linkage at the wheel. Mate just bought it new and never noticed, as it wore, heck must have been 4 years old when I got it. Needed some inventive machining to avoid new link arms.
    Yeah after a extended break if you jumped on one and gave it's head a few times you'd get a few shocks but the novelty would soon wear off. Back in the 80s a mate had RZ250RR that was pretty nice to ride but back then we were jumping up the ladder fast so never had any bikes longer than a year so didn't get to see a lot of long term wear & tear on items, the bunch of us were playing the who's got the biggest & fastest game so middle weights came & went pretty quickly then stupidly did the got to have italian trip . wised up to that one though it'd be nice to have them sitting in the shed now

Bike
    RD350LC
    Yeah after a extended break if you jumped on one and gave it's head a few times you'd get a few shocks but the novelty would soon wear off. Back in the 80s a mate had RZ250RR that was pretty nice to ride but back then we were jumping up the ladder fast so never had any bikes longer than a year so didn't get to see a lot of long term wear & tear on items, the bunch of us were playing the who's got the biggest & fastest game so middle weights came & went pretty quickly then stupidly did the got to have italian trip . wised up to that one though it'd be nice to have them sitting in the shed now
    I own a 84 rz350 . They are great fun , light turn fast wobble brake ok need constant attention smell awesome. Good unmolested ones hard to come by I recon.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The twin is the better bike, yes, but finding one with a good crank is nearly impossible now. At least the plain bearing 350/400 is readily rebuildable.
    We did one for a customer at work. Made one good one out of three fucked ones, plus a bit of engineering. Cost the guy fucking thousands all up, we spent that much time on it. Cunt of a thing.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ojyamaha View Post
    I own a 84 rz350 . They are great fun , light turn fast wobble brake ok need constant attention smell awesome. Good unmolested ones hard to come by I recon.
    A mate had one the same year & colour as yours back in the day we put him on to Castrol R and used to enjoy chasing him around getting a lung full of them fumes

Bike
    Exercycle
    We did one for a customer at work. Made one good one out of three fucked ones, plus a bit of engineering. Cost the guy fucking thousands all up, we spent that much time on it. Cunt of a thing.
    I'm assuming you're talking about the twin ? Try the same exercise with a 450 for another degree of difficulty....but that's Honda....

Thread Information