Page 732 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 232632682722730731732733734742782832 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 16088

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Oats View Post
    It is a shame though when you see a bike that's basically not a motorbike but just an expensive piece of artwork.
    My local barber, I was noticing yesterday, has a very tidy (minus the dust) BSA in his shop. Just sitting there. Not even front and center, it's in the back corner. It irks me.
    Yeah that does sound sad. I felt differently about that hotel in Wellington (apparently called the QT Wellington these days) that had a lot of artwork including an MV sprotbike and a Harley chopper.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    That said, if I had $30k, I'd be all over that FE. I reckon it'd be a great investment, especially with only "2" kms on it.
    Is it getting old enough to start going up in value?

As I said earlier the book value when new was $43,000 NZ. That value is the equivalent of $64,000 today (Reserve bank calculator).

And it's up for sale today for half that.

That's a very negative investment.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Is it getting old enough to start going up in value?

As I said earlier the book value when new was $43,000 NZ. That value is the equivalent of $64,000 today (Reserve bank calculator).

And it's up for sale today for half that.

That's a very negative investment.
    So if the 'tard that bought it had put a deposit on a rental property absolutely anywhere in NZ instead, he would have 200k he hadn't worked for by now.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    So if the 'tard that bought it had put a deposit on a rental property absolutely anywhere in NZ instead, he would have 200k he hadn't worked for by now.
    That's a very good example of an investment working for you - housing. Bikes, buy because you love them, as a investment you are taking a punt.

Ducati churn out too many 'special' numbered editions, it is rare to see them increase in value from what I see.

The old bevels are really climbing in money now you'd potentially be better putting your $32k into one of them.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    That's a very good example of an investment working for you - housing. Bikes, buy because you love them, as a investment you are taking a punt.

Ducati churn out too many 'special' numbered editions, it is rare to see them increase in value from what I see.

The old bevels are really climbing in money now you'd potentially be better putting your $32k into one of them.
    Theres a 900SD on tardme for $17k ..... you could get nearly 2.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    suzuki
    i've got a shed full of bikes like that, people tell me how good an investment they are but.....
    wait till the petrol dissapears, there won't be enough museums to put all the old vehicles in.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i've got a shed full of bikes like that, people tell me how good an investment they are but.....
    wait till the petrol dissapears, there won't be enough museums to put all the old vehicles in.
    I've still got space, but only for yellow bikes.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    S'OK we'll just convert them like the De Lorean in that well known documentary film:

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Fusion

Bike
    suzuki
    I've still got space, but only for yellow bikes.
    i'll send my R1100s up once i get a new battery.....

Bike
    CX500
    This guy having a laugh?
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...f3c51d0287e239

Sure, it's in basic near-new condition but I'm not paying brand new price for a 2 year old second hand bike... the rego and wof even need renewal this month.

Also, noticed this guy shaved $1.5K off the price when it didn't sell. I wonder how low he'll go.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...7da834c75d01c2

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    What's the blue arrow for?
    He looks s bit funny too. Think I've seen him on TV as some sort of informant.
    At least he kept it longer than HDC
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    motocompo
    This dude has turned dyslexia into an art form.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...2f3522e423950b

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    This guy having a laugh?

Sure, it's in basic near-new condition but I'm not paying brand new price for a 2 year old second hand bike... the rego and wof even need renewal this month.

Also, noticed this guy shaved $1.5K off the price when it didn't sell. I wonder how low he'll go.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...7da834c75d01c2
    probably around 10k, would go well with work done ( by BMW standards). Kane is the man for airheads. Customs are hard to call as you don’t get return on spend.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    1989ZXR400,GSX1100 & PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah that does sound sad. I felt differently about that hotel in Wellington (apparently called the QT Wellington these days) that had a lot of artwork including an MV sprotbike and a Harley chopper.
    I look after the three limited edition MVs & the Chopper for the Hotel, well the previous owner of the Hotel & I start run/ride them about once a month(except the Chopper)
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike
    Street Triple R
    This guy having a laugh?

I am terrible with money. Mine was $7995 rideaway and I sold it for $5750 (basically $6k but I agreed to split the shipping with the ORklind buyer).

The interesting thing is I got a safety recall notice from Yamaha NZ last Saturday....

Thread Information