Page 883 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 383783833873881882883884885893933983 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 16088

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i've been to dutton garage a couple of times lot's of interesting stuff and their stock seems to move so they must be selling. what amuses me is the $89.990 pricing, everything's ten dollars off the ten grand pretty much, do they think we're all pack and slave shoppers, or warehouse bargain hunters with that pricing style? for another $10 people can puff their chests out and say they threw $90k on the floor and strut round, might even get more sales to the egotistic buyers?
    Granted I haven't been involved in selling vehicles at their price point (mostly between $10k-$60k for me) but the number of times I've heard a client say something like 'oh but this yard has one for $22,0000' when in reality it's $22999 plus ORC is amazing.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Granted I haven't been involved in selling vehicles at their price point (mostly between $10k-$60k for me) but the number of times I've heard a client say something like 'oh but this yard has one for $22,0000' when in reality it's $22999 plus ORC is amazing.
    Yes, I read a study that concluded that you can be fully aware of the strategy and the reasons behind it and it still works.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    People are stupid. A very large chunk of the reason i sold the garage.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Yes, I read a study that concluded that you can be fully aware of the strategy and the reasons behind it and it still works.
    It works on me when I am trying to justify something to myself too: $18999 + ORC ($1500, say) $20499 actual cost. "Well, hell, it's only eighteen grand. Honestly its a bargain!"
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    It works on me when I am trying to justify something to myself too: $18999 + ORC ($1500, say) $20499 actual cost. "Well, hell, it's only eighteen grand. Honestly its a bargain!"
    If you factor in resale, you can get that down to 6G. Just sayin'
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    If you factor in resale, you can get that down to 6G. Just sayin'
    YOU'RE IN my HEAD!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    YOU'RE IN my HEAD!
    Coool! Listen to the voices, they are saying, "buy it, buy the ducati S4R" you know you want to!
    (I have one for sale!...)

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    and on checking Laava's post above, this turned up in "other listings I may like"

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...2555113598.htm

Yeahhhh... might want to work on your algorithms there TradeMe. Anyway, 48 km-ish top speed? 40 km range? "this bike is super cool??" (seller's own question marks) Err what?

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    And here's another e-moto, a converted Honda this time

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...2558273975.htm

10 km range - around town. 90 k's top speed. $2.5K thanks... and yet there are 24 watchers and some genuine enthusiasm in the Q&A. Maybe doing petrol-to-electric conversions is taking off as a hobby.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    That might get me to work - one way. Whats the point!??!?

Makes $43k for the H-D Livewire seem like good buying.

I've been reading about EV's a bit, and it is absolutely clear that the trick is the batteries. Thats in fact the big thing with Tesla - its a battery company that builds cars.

Also, some of you will like this if you haven't seen it before:

https://lunaz.design/

I'll have a Rolls Royce Phantom V thanks. Or maybe a Bentley. XK120 is a bit sporty for me these days.

Oh, and this is fucking cool. I love sharing this with all the hot rodders I know and torturing them by saying soon(ish) this will be the only way these old tubs of lard will be allowed on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVNb6ywH000

The simplest and closest to "bolton" kits are the ones for VW Beetles. There is one for a mini too I believe but I cant find the link.

Bike
    welbike

each to there own I suppose

If I ever need a good laugh I search trikes on trademe. Oh how I laugh!!! then I get a bit sad when I think "what if they get the money they are asking? then I am in the wrong job !

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    That might get me to work - one way. Whats the point!??!?

Makes $43k for the H-D Livewire seem like good buying.

I've been reading about EV's a bit, and it is absolutely clear that the trick is the batteries. Thats in fact the big thing with Tesla - its a battery company that builds cars.
    I'd guess he's a hobbyist who did the budget and then the build, without running proper calculations on power / speed / range etc up front before getting stuck in. A shame really. This isn't the first I've seen (there was one with lead-acids a while ago) and I don't think it'll be the last either. You just can't go cheap on these things and expect any useful outcomes.

A workmate has done an EV conversion on a BMW (car) and all up it cost about the same as a pretty decent second hand petrol car by the time he was done. That's parts only too, he did all his fabrication (circuitboards too) himself.

Love the Lunaz stuff - really good to see these beautiful old cars kept going.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Seems a tad tasteless too.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    If I ever need a good laugh I search trikes on trademe. Oh how I laugh!!! then I get a bit sad when I think "what if they get the money they are asking? then I am in the wrong job !
    Midlife crisis takes some people in dark directions. They leave the missus, they date a young chick until she realises he's just a grumpy old cunt and ditches him, so they go out and buy a Hardley grow a beard and buy the matching fashion costume from the bikeshop as they laugh up their sleeves.

Except this guy made a wrong turn drunk on TardMe one night and ends up with a motor tricycle. So now he cant go riding with anyone, cant overtake without a passing lane, and where does he park this thing?!!?. Oh dear.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information