Page 901 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 4018018518918999009019029039119511001 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,515 of 16088

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So this isn't over the top?

"Old school style meets modern engineering. Nothing evokes steampunk like the deep rrroar of a motorcycle especially one with features that could have been created by steam-crazed inventors tinkering with ideas of blazing a trail into the future!

This steampunk motorcycle is a vehicle for the subversive. A real stunner that was created using old parts and the same attention to detail people kept in mind when everything was made by hand. Among the cool features are leather horse saddle, an antique brass dial on rear mudguard, and rusty but serviceable bottle opener.

Modding items formerly used for something else and no longer serving their original purpose is exactly what steampunk is about! A closer look at the awesome piece of work it is, shows wrap around artwork to clinch the deal. Built around a 2001 Kawasaki Vulvan Classic, with a 1500cc engine,

Buy from the crazy inventor, and be the next owner, your Steampunk dreams will come true! "
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Built around a 2001 Kawasaki Vulvan Classic, with a 1500cc engine,
    Freudian slip on his part? Big difference between Vulcan and vulva.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    So this isn't over the top?

"Old school style meets modern engineering. Nothing evokes steampunk like the deep rrroar of a motorcycle especially one with features that could have been created by steam-crazed inventors tinkering with ideas of blazing a trail into the future!

This steampunk motorcycle is a vehicle for the subversive. A real stunner that was created using old parts and the same attention to detail people kept in mind when everything was made by hand. Among the cool features are leather horse saddle, an antique brass dial on rear mudguard, and rusty but serviceable bottle opener.

Modding items formerly used for something else and no longer serving their original purpose is exactly what steampunk is about! A closer look at the awesome piece of work it is, shows wrap around artwork to clinch the deal. Built around a 2001 Kawasaki Vulvan Classic, with a 1500cc engine,

Buy from the crazy inventor, and be the next owner, your Steampunk dreams will come true! "
    sales talk, shame he didn't put the same effort into photos instead of walking around and taking snap shots

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I have no problem with a lively bit of hype but if you go balls out and it isn't that radical you do kinda open yourself up to some smart prick saying, hoi! Wheres my potatoes?

Actually potatoes may be the wrong analogy for a couple of reasons. . .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    These were never that popular. NZ got some dumped here i think, a mate had one new. They weren't without issue.
    But silly price.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...02dcc4cd73-006

Why oh why do people think you would want to pony up for 2 bike? And then want top dollar for having an albatross around your neck? Even when someone offered to buy the spare parts bike?!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    This has been on the market for ages.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...6fa6936622-008

A mate, against my advice (really should find an MC21) has been top bidder a couple of times but hasn't reached reserve. It never gets past a considerably lower figure. I think the market is trying to tell you something buddy.
    And he got blacklisted for politely suggesting he would still buy it for bidded price.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    These were never that popular. NZ got some dumped here i think, a mate had one new. They weren't without issue.
    But silly price.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...02dcc4cd73-006

Why oh why do people think you would want to pony up for 2 bike? And then want top dollar for having an albatross around your neck? Even when someone offered to buy the spare parts bike?!!
    The only real issue was the alternator chain tensioner. They were went damn well and there was more than a few bought in to the country. I had one for a while. The auto hydraulic valve adjustment was great. The engine was detuned and in the last aircooled cb750 Night Hawk.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    This has been on the market for ages.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...6fa6936622-008

A mate, against my advice (really should find an MC21) has been top bidder a couple of times but hasn't reached reserve. It never gets past a considerably lower figure. I think the market is trying to tell you something buddy.
    And he got blacklisted for politely suggesting he would still buy it for bidded price.
    Or for $4k you can buy one with a fucked engine and probably some of the parts to fix it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nsr.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	346152
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Blog Entries
    4&1/2 for this corroded old POS?!?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...138180eff3-002

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Hondas GN400 equivalent. Great for learning on or nipping to the shops but not a lot else.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Looking for the corrosion F5. His bike, he can ask what he wants for it. I always aim high too when I'm selling something.

Best of luck to him, hope he gets his money.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yes the photos look like they were taken by a 15yr old cellphone but the engine and brake hubs are clearly obvious.

$2500 would be aiming high. 4.5 is, as the thread title suggests; optimistic.

It will stay unsold like the legions of other bikes that have silly prices until maybe the owners just say fuck it and want rid. I had a mate who was a wrecker and hed get calls to come get bikes and they would accept whatever hed offer them.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    fuck it and want rid. I had a mate who was a wrecker and hed get calls to come get bikes and they would accept whatever hed offer them.
    Wellthat is exactly what I did when I dispose of 7 bikes. Easiest way to have them off my property and glad I did it too.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    not everyone has the time or pressing need to squeeze max dollars out of every potential dollar. That was his job.
    Some would get tidied and sold on, rest would be spares so many other bikes could keep rolling.

Bet the wreckers of 10 years time, if indeed there are any left, will groan when they arrive to the crime scene of yet another AliExpress Bobber wreck wondering if there is anything saleable left on the stripped mess as they heave it onto their ute, reflecting how easily they would have sold the standard GSXR1000 K5 left hand widget, and what possessed this guy to make a bobber out of one.

Thread Information