Page 55 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657651051555551055 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    92 ZXR 250
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    No time wasters... except the seller.
    yep, I would be pretty pissed off if I pursued that bike only to find out at the end of the auction that the seller is out of his mind. Granted it is one of the nicer ones on TM at the moment but personally I would pay $4k max for a 250 in tip top condition with low kms.....3.5k for that one though.

Bike
    2008 ZX10R

lets settle this once in for all

Or set a higher reserve or start price and include everything.
    I agree, some people are always looking for a loophole or some way to screw you out of something.
    Hey guys. regarding my auction - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-839157194.htm

The bike will come with stock exhaust when you win the auction.
    Then the winner and i will negotiate the price for the M4 exhaust. Once a price has been agreed the winner will get the M4 and the stock exhaust.
    I have no need for the stock exhaust.
    As i said in the auction the exhaust is practically new and hence sold separately.
    i can see why it would make sense to the buyer to get the exhaust at the same time of the sale.
    I am not trying to make any money. I literally bought this bike a month ago and i just want to get my money back.
    I ended up spending $500 bux on the exhaust which i am trying to get back.

In regards to the dispute about if the exhaust comes with the bike or not it clearly states the bike doesnt come with it.
    You can dispute all you want, its pretty clear to me. They will have to take me to disputes tribunal to settle that. Not worth anyones time.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Nice bike. But a million bucks???
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Super...ycles#viTabs_0

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Uh, you've never heard of it? I remember going to the wellington pubic library and getting their copies of Cycle magazine and photocopying all the build articles they ran.

value is provenance plus rarity. We'll see if it sells but thanks for the headsup.

Seriously, read the blurb and then do some googling. What was amazing about this was a couple of talented amateurs got together and built a bike and beat the factories at the highest level of Superbike racing (as it then was). From memory the first AMA Superbike winner was a dude on an R90RS bmw..... but this thing, and a bunch of Muzzy Kawasakis and ERv Kanemoto prepared Hondas.. Fuck it was the golden era of Superbike racing if you are a certain age. Which, apparently, I am.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Uh, you've never heard of it? I remember going to the wellington pubic library and getting their copies of Cycle magazine and photocopying all the build articles they ran.

value is provenance plus rarity. We'll see if it sells but thanks for the headsup.

Seriously, read the blurb and then do some googling. What was amazing about this was a couple of talented amateurs got together and built a bike and beat the factories at the highest level of Superbike racing (as it then was). From memory the first AMA Superbike winner was a dude on an R90RS bmw..... but this thing, and a bunch of Muzzy Kawasakis and ERv Kanemoto prepared Hondas.. Fuck it was the golden era of Superbike racing if you are a certain age. Which, apparently, I am.
    I didn't say I have never heard of it although actually I haven't and it is slightly before my time...(born 1967)
    It clearly has value as the bids are $250000+ and has yet to meet the reserve.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Is that the fly in the tank resin one? Yeah read about it several times. But I'd rather buy a YZR500 or several.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by jafa21 View Post
    Hey guys. regarding my auction - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-839157194.htm

The bike will come with stock exhaust when you win the auction.
    Then the winner and i will negotiate the price for the M4 exhaust. Once a price has been agreed the winner will get the M4 and the stock exhaust.
    I have no need for the stock exhaust.
    As i said in the auction the exhaust is practically new and hence sold separately.
    i can see why it would make sense to the buyer to get the exhaust at the same time of the sale.
    I am not trying to make any money. I literally bought this bike a month ago and i just want to get my money back.
    I ended up spending $500 bux on the exhaust which i am trying to get back.

In regards to the dispute about if the exhaust comes with the bike or not it clearly states the bike doesnt come with it.
    You can dispute all you want, its pretty clear to me. They will have to take me to disputes tribunal to settle that. Not worth anyones time.
    Why even mention the exhaust? Take photos with standard exhaust on and then negotiate with buyer. If they don't want it then throw it on trademe.

Bike
    BSA A10
    From memory the first AMA Superbike winner was a dude on an R90RS bmw.....
    Reg Pridmore with the Udo Gietl prepared Butler and Smith R90S, they also ran a Rob North Framed BMW F750 bike before that

Here's both the Ducati and the BMW going head to head

Not sure they'll get the asking price but I'd expect it to go a bit higher yet
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    GSX1300R
    It was just some advice you can leave it or take it. Forget the disputes tribunal - that one beer who claims he just saw the pic and bid will whine to the guys that run the site. A simple listing with pics that match = happy sale most of the time. A messy listing just invites trouble. Again, just my 2c.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Reg Pridmore with the Udo Gietl prepared Butler and Smith R90S, they also ran a Rob North Framed BMW F750 bike before that

what a great photo. I like it so much I have stolen it to put on farcebook.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Jason Pridmore, son of Reg is or was a more recent AMA Superbike racer. He is involved with a riding school these days.

Bike
    Yo momma
    what a great photo. I like it so much I have stolen it to put on farcebook.
    I emailed it to the auction. Be interesting to see if he posts it.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I emailed it to the auction. Be interesting to see if he posts it.
    He'd want one that doesn't show an old mans touring bike in front of the Ducati
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2008 ZX10R
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Why even mention the exhaust? Take photos with standard exhaust on and then negotiate with buyer. If they don't want it then throw it on trademe.
    I agree its cleaner without mentioning the exhaust and putting it on with the stock one especially if its not included in the auction.
    But as i said in my auction i bought the bike and exhaust to keep it. Hence i put the exhaust on and started using the bike. Soon after i found out about my other bike and hence i put up the GSXR for sale. I didnt think putting the stock exhaust back on to take some pictures was a good idea. I am sure the winner will negotiate a reasonable price for the M4 anyway.

Hope this clarifies things

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I agree its cleaner without mentioning the exhaust and putting it on with the stock one especially if its not included in the auction.
    But as i said in my auction i bought the bike and exhaust to keep it. Hence i put the exhaust on and started using the bike. Soon after i found out about my other bike and hence i put up the GSXR for sale. I didnt think putting the stock exhaust back on to take some pictures was a good idea. I am sure the winner will negotiate a reasonable price for the M4 anyway.

Hope this clarifies things
    $5500, including the magic exhaust and a bag of salt and vinegar, AND a bag of chicken (chips, not actual chicken, salt or vinegar)

Thread Information