Page 952 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 45285290294295095195295395496210021052 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 16095

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    There are a few Donovan blocks in NZ. Drag cars and the occasional speedway car with a big budget. The ones that get out into hands like this seller usually have enormous welds where they've lived exciting lives.....
    This reminded me of something. An old dude I met on the Internet, a friend of a friend, he'd been a pilot with the Flying Tigers in China during WW2. Post war he worked as an engineer with Reynolds aluminium. Back when the CanAm series was the Bruce and Denny show he got to do laps at one of the American tracks in a Can Am car with Denny Hulme at the wheel. He was impressed. The McLaren blocks were made of, or by, Reynolds.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Pani
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Managed to sell my GN250 for $2400. I wonder if I'd chopped it up, rattlecanned the tank matt clack and stuck some exhaust wrap on it I'd have got more?
    My wifes GN sat outside under the firewood awning for 3 years, rusting away. I thought I would cafe it as a fun little winter project. Brown seat-check, rattle can black- check, various ali express crap- check...... ran out of steam as the futility got to me. Sold it on TM, got to 900 under bidding, when the buyer turned up I was so embarrassed that I said 500 will do...

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    My wifes GN sat outside under the firewood awning for 3 years, rusting away. I thought I would cafe it as a fun little winter project. Brown seat-check, rattle can black- check, various ali express crap- check...... ran out of steam as the futility got to me. Sold it on TM, got to 900 under bidding, when the buyer turned up I was so embarrassed that I said 500 will do...
    I often wondered about buying a GN250 new back in the day when I heard they were stopping making them and storing it away, if it would be deemed a collectible bike now, moreover what it's market value would be now.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    I often wondered about buying a GN250 new back in the day when I heard they were stopping making them and storing it away, if it would be deemed a collectible bike now, moreover what it's market value would be now.
    its a fucking GN250...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Wait for the last GSXR750 maybe. . .

But Road-Lice? Jezuz!
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Wait for the last GSXR750 maybe. . .

But Road-Lice? Jezuz!
    what about the army indian, morros minor, bsa bantam, vespa etc. a lot of it is about nostalgia, not perceived investement value

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    The army Indian, whilst being mass produced antiquitie , would have held a place in history for those entwined in the scope of war.
    The Morris Minor, because the English like being the underdog an generally being unhappy. The bantam, only recently as most derided it as the POS it is, but now think they would like to be unhappy like Dad.

Road lice, pah. I cant see anyone getting excited about the gateway to their Hardley they never bought.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    The army Indian, whilst being mass produced antiquitie , would have held a place in history for those entwined in the scope of war.
    The Morris Minor, because the English like being the underdog an generally being unhappy. The bantam, only recently as most derided it as the POS it is, but now think they would like to be unhappy like Dad.
    A lot of it is about nostalgia, people may wish to revisit their youth. Or their dad, or grandpa. No thanks, when it comes to bikes I like mod cons.

The army Indian is historic, but so are those side valve M20 BSAs from WW2, and who in their right mind would want one of those?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    A lot of it is about nostalgia, people may wish to revisit their youth. Or their dad, or grandpa. No thanks, when it comes to bikes I like mod cons.

The army Indian is historic, but so are those side valve M20 BSAs from WW2, and who in their right mind would want one of those?
    the army indians were a shitty war surplus thing with a foot clutch that you could buy in the 1960's and maybe even early 70's. people weren't getting them cause of their military significance, but as people cut their teeth on them they had a place in their hearts for them, a misguided place but a place nevertheless

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    the army indians were a shitty war surplus thing with a foot clutch that you could buy in the 1960's and maybe even early 70's. people weren't getting them cause of their military significance, but as people cut their teeth on them they had a place in their hearts for them, a misguided place but a place nevertheless
    I recall Valentines surplus in Hamilton used to have them, the ads on the inside cover of the Auckland Weekly News (pink cover, tabloid size) but I was more interested in the rifles they also advertised - single shot 22 for about 5 pounds
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I recall Valentines surplus in Hamilton used to have them, the ads on the inside cover of the Auckland Weekly News (pink cover, tabloid size) but I was more interested in the rifles they also advertised - single shot 22 for about 5 pounds
    the original Copperites uniforms were the old surplus airforce woolly jumpers itchy pants and shirts.

Different thread but Out of interest why didn't you use a cresent on the drainplug of the d8?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Those same Valentines adds were in the NZ TRUTH as well.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    the original Copperites uniforms were the old surplus airforce woolly jumpers itchy pants and shirts.

Different thread but Out of interest why didn't you use a cresent on the drainplug of the d8?
    It was an internal socket type plug, nothing to put a spanner on.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    It was an internal socket type plug, nothing to put a spanner on.
    Makes sense, i have never had the urge to crawl under one. A guy down the road has a complete set of Cat dozers from 2 to 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Makes sense, i have never had the urge to crawl under one. A guy down the road has a complete set of Cat dozers from 2 to 8.
    shouldn't a complete set include 1?

Thread Information