Page 1074 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 745749741024106410721073107410751076 LastLast
Results 16,096 to 16,110 of 16136

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    71 Kawasaki W1, 77 Yamaha XS650
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    mmmm ... 2 door bomber - had one as a teenager in the 70s - high kool factor, even then - drove a 55 E Series Studdie pickup for years - never forgive the family for giving it away while i was living offshore, mf's ( i drove an AMC Eagle, 4wd, while living in BC - supakool)
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    why the fuck would you want one... let alone 4 at 7Khttps://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/classic-vintage/other/listing/4686607846
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Have a gander at his other listings.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/search?m...listing=377430
    How are these private listings? Sell 6 or more in a year and you have to sign up as a Registered Motor Vehicle Trader.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    why the fuck would you want one... let alone 4 at 7k?
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/4686607846

Fixed link. Yeah not that appealing. I helped move a mate's affliction of them some years back when he shifted city. Feck they are heavvvy.

Ended up at the tip a couple of years later I believe. Where they belong. Although the scrappy would disagree. . .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/4686607846

Fixed link. Yeah not that appealing. I helped move a mate's affliction of them some years back when he shifted city. Feck they are heavvvy.

Ended up at the tip a couple of years later I believe. Where they belong. Although the scrappy would disagree. . .
    Are they the ones where the gear shift lever is also the kickstarter, when (IIRC) pushed in to disengage the gear selector and then swung back ?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Are they the ones where the gear shift lever is also the kickstarter, when (IIRC) pushed in to disengage the gear selector and then swung back ?
    That's the one ! A mate had a 350 the 60' s when we were riding YDS3 Yamahas ! He defied gravity and achieved amazing lean angles on the thing.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Used to race with Peter Palmer from Palmy area when we raced Ohakea.

No idea re operation of the horrible things. Not much chance they were still operational, even though they were in good condition.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUB View Post
    How are these private listings? Sell 6 or more in a year and you have to sign up as a Registered Motor Vehicle Trader.
    They are in this thread, how many do you actually think they sell?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketpl...ing/4688239074

Not sure if this is "optimistic" or not. I think it is but he is absolutely correct in that it is very rare, it is a first press, and it is a piece of a very important slice of NZ music history.

It shows that the most expensive record I ever bought (a week or so back - Gordons 2nd LP, original press from 81 cover VG/vinyl EX) for $300) was a bargain.

The most expensive 7" I have personally bought was only $150.

It does strike me though that all these things are valuable only to a certain subset of people and that "collector value" will decline as the audience ages and dies.

Anyway: your record collection from your teen years might be worth money, i smy point. If you still have it.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    They are in this thread, how many do you actually think they sell?
    10 vehicles listed at the moment including cars, a ute and a van. That's a lot and should raise a flag.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUB View Post
    10 vehicles listed at the moment including cars, a ute and a van. That's a lot and should raise a flag.

either vote with your feet or dob them in.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...%20a%20company.

https://www.mbie.govt.nz/about/news/...ted-and-fined/

Less bleating, more doing!

Bike
    either vote with your feet or dob them in.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...%20a%20company.

https://www.mbie.govt.nz/about/news/...ted-and-fined/

Less bleating, more doing!
    I've already reported it.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944

Not sure if this is "optimistic" or not. I think it is but he is absolutely correct in that it is very rare, it is a first press, and it is a piece of a very important slice of NZ music history.

It shows that the most expensive record I ever bought (a week or so back - Gordons 2nd LP, original press from 81 cover VG/vinyl EX) for $300) was a bargain.
    It's optimistic until someone pays the asking price, then it just becomes the price.

Sadly I'm old enough to remember The Gordons posters stuck about town, think I still have have the future shock EP tucked away somewhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poster.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	354657

Anyway: your record collection from your teen years might be worth money, i smy point. If you still have it.
    Still have it, however much of it is described by the significant other as 'that shit', so it's value is probably debatable.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    It's optimistic until someone pays the asking price, then it just becomes the price.

Sadly I'm old enough to remember The Gordons posters stuck about town, think I still have have the future shock EP tucked away somewhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poster.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	354657

Still have it, however much of it is described by the significant other as 'that shit', so it's value is probably debatable.
    I have had to say to SWMBO "don't just chuck these records in the dumpster when I go, some of them are worth decent money".

If you have that poster in good condition I will give you $200 for it. When you walk into my house the first thing you will see is a Gordons gig poster I stole back in the day, stored for years and had framed. I would love another deep sea diver poster.

John Halvorsen released a solo album last year under the name "Vorsen". It is cheerful, quiet and upbeat like the best Gordons work was. Fun fact - the first Gordons LP was re-released last year [edit: 2021] on Flying Nun and came with the Future Shock EP. https://www.flyingnun.co.nz/products...0517c3ad&_ss=r - I actually bought one so my OG '81 copy doesnt get any more worn - though it is in VGC.

My ears are still ringing from Gordons shows at the Gladstone and Hilly in the early 80's.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    If you have that poster in good condition I will give you $200 for it. When you walk into my house the first thing you will see is a Gordons gig poster I stole back in the day, stored for years and had framed. I would love another deep sea diver poster.
    Sadly don't have the poster, found the pic on the interwebs of the one I remember being stuck on walls, there were smaller ones that were on lamp posts. Have to make do with a framed talking with the taxman about poetry tea towel instead.

I spotted a gordons poster among the images of christchurch past on the interactive picture wall thingy at the new library place, so somebody considers it to be historically relevant.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Thread Information