Page 542 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 424424925325405415425435445525926421042 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 16093

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    You could start a website called "Ask Dave" so people could get their bikes priced accurately just from a few crappy photos to prevent embarrassment when they list their bikes on trademe.
    Sound like a pretty good idea, but then it might spoil this thread, which is one of the best on KB

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post

Nice condition bike, with loads of extras. But the MY18 model is what people now want and the days of flogging dressed up old models, at a high price, are well and truly gone.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I want that on my tombstone.
    I always liked Spike Milligan's, "I told you I was sick".

That Kawasaki is just twenty minutes down the road but... It's nice, and I like the model, but nah. And definitely not at that price. Maybe it'd be worth more overseas?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hmmm - it is collectible. Value in NZ? I don't know.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well its nice. Its old. It looks original I guess. But its not an iconic game changer. And I can't remember wanting one when I was a kid.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    He's been re-listing that FOR-EVER.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Bit like that 50k 70s white Hardley and the Be-ewe-al westwind

Here's the reminders

http://trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbik...-887551588.htm

http://trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbik...1112340200.htm

Hmm. I suspect he hasn't done his research very well.

This might well be the only product of the Buell Motor Company currently in New Zealand?

Really?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Bit like that 50k 70s white Hardley and the Be-ewe-al westwind

http://trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbik...1112340200.htm

Hmm. I suspect he hasn't done his research very well.

This might well be the only product of the Buell Motor Company currently in New Zealand?

Really?

Is rare because it is a lemon bike a reason to charge more?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That is an excellent question.
    Let's ask Dave;

I'd say, generally, no - fuck off ya dick. Keep your XZ400.

But in some cases, after time, that very failure of an outlier makes it worthy of collection as it is noteworthy.
    TX750s with their novel balancing system are picking up in value.
    RE5
    Maybe, I say maybe MVX250. Honda's we have to do it differently fall -on- their- face 2 stroke pocket rocket.

And what of sales flops?
    I'd say less value but sometimes worthy of note. Someone here has a Hesketh. I'd grouped them as Lemon as they kept closing up shop, but as it turned out that was business incompetence rather than the actual bike. Yamaha GTS, I rode one and really rated it as a decent ports tourer.
    Two examples of wrong bike for the market at the time. I think people are less likely to pay the dollars, suppressing the price commanded.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    That is an excellent question.
    Let's ask Dave;

I'd say, generally, no - fuck off ya dick. Keep your XZ400.

But in some cases, after time, that very failure of an outlier makes it worthy of collection as it is noteworthy.
    TX750s with their novel balancing system are picking up in value.
    RE5
    Maybe, I say maybe MVX250. Honda's we have to do it differently fall -on- their- face 2 stroke pocket rocket.

And what of sales flops?
    I'd say less value but sometimes worthy of note. Someone here has a Hesketh. I'd grouped them as Lemon as they kept closing up shop, but as it turned out that was business incompetence rather than the actual bike. Yamaha GTS, I rode one and really rated it as a decent ports tourer.
    Two examples of wrong bike for the market at the time. I think people are less likely to pay the dollars, suppressing the price commanded.
    The lemons do seem to generally have silly value, if one manages to keep them going. The XZ being an exception, since they didn't try and do anything different, instead just building a piece of shit.

The Hesketh I know of is pretty friggin cool. I'd never heard of it before, and the resto done on it is proper. Done to the standard it would have come from the factory, instead of perfect in every way possible. Fuck knows what they're worth though. Not a question I ask someone about stuff like that.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I seem to recall the Hesketh had gearbox problems. The testers had either overlooked it because they could ride around it, or for nationalistic reasons. Owners though were not so happy.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    The Honda CB750 automatic would have to be right up there as a lemon, but highly desirable just because of the oddity that it is.....ever seen one in the flesh?

That aussie thing, the Hunwick Hellum that was a storm in a tea cup

Those Voxan things, they were short lived here....suppose they'll end up as a collectible oddity.

The Hesketh got a heap of articles from when they were 1st aired to the public through to initial tests and interviews with Lord Hesketh about the bike

Bike
    Exercycle
    The whole automatic fiasco of the 80's produced a bunch of collectibles that should have gone straight to a museum. Guzzi, Honda, anyone realise that Suzuki actually sold a small GS twin automatic ? Competition for the Honda 400 auto.
    Yamaha should have been on a winner with the TX500 - 8 valve twin cam twin - but they cracked heads and got dropped when the TX750 did. Both rare now.

I can't think of a bike equivalent of the Bugatti type 35 series. It's pretty well documented that there are more "genuine" type 35's in existence than ever came out of the works...A result of building them up from as little OE content as just a gearbox and back axle...

Some years back I helped a guy - coincidentally about Daves size and build - restore a Ducati mach one. I suggested to him that it would be worth collecting similar 250 sporting singles as he liked that kind of thing. Honda did a 250 version of the 500TT, Kawsaki the BR, Yamaha the cafe styled V twin for a variation.
    He understood the idea and liked it but never did it.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The whole automatic fiasco of the 80's produced a bunch of collectibles that should have gone straight to a museum. Guzzi, Honda, anyone realise that Suzuki actually sold a small GS twin automatic ? Competition for the Honda 400 auto.
    Yamaha should have been on a winner with the TX500 - 8 valve twin cam twin - but they cracked heads and got dropped when the TX750 did. Both rare now.

I can't think of a bike equivalent of the Bugatti type 35 series. It's pretty well documented that there are more "genuine" type 35's in existence than ever came out of the works...A result of building them up from as little OE content as just a gearbox and back axle...

Some years back I helped a guy - coincidentally about Daves size and build - restore a Ducati mach one. I suggested to him that it would be worth collecting similar 250 sporting singles as he liked that kind of thing. Honda did a 250 version of the 500TT, Kawsaki the BR, Yamaha the cafe styled V twin for a variation.
    The GS450A was a semi cruiser and even used different engine casings to the standard GS450

The old man and his mate built 2 replica Bugatti type35 based on VW chassis

Those wee BR250 kwakas were actually a nice looking bike.....shame they didn't do a big brother version with the 650 motor to go head to head against the GB/XBR hondas & SRX Yamahas

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

The Guzzi California auto was perfectly acceptable for its application. Even with the masses of loss through it, they go surprisingly well.

Thread Information