Page 837 of 1067 FirstFirst ... 337737787827835836837838839847887937 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,555 of 15996

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    speaking of which I went to a screening yesterday of "Apocalypse Now: Final Cut" yesterday. The Air Cavalry flying in to that village playing Ride of the Valkyries is still as intense as I remember. That was a pretty intense three hours at the pictures yesterday. If anyone is a film buff, its worth your time.
    Is it a better edit than the Re-Dux version?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    speaking of which I went to a screening yesterday of "Apocalypse Now: Final Cut" yesterday. The Air Cavalry flying in to that village playing Ride of the Valkyries is still as intense as I remember. That was a pretty intense three hours at the pictures yesterday. If anyone is a film buff, its worth your time.
    I saw it when it came out and later on on Netflicks.
    I know my memory is not what it used to be but did not recall the Playboy Bunnies going back for some post work activity.

I see that has been dropped from the latest release in the light of of recent Hollywood events however destroying a village with bombs and machine gun fire is still perfectly acceptable.

Time to throw The Doors on the record player, has the standout track of the movie, got played more at the time by me than Joy Division as more cheerful. The world was a lot simpler pre internet.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

Time to throw The Doors on the record player, got played more at the time by me than Joy Division as more cheerful. The world was a lot simpler pre internet.
    The local NZ broadcasting school 96.1 The Garage are playing lots of Ian Curtis and stuff from that time this year Its interfering with ma RDU lol.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Is it a better edit than the Re-Dux version?
    It's longer. 182 minutes. I only found myself shifting from cheek to cheek once and it holds your attention shall we say.

I think the narrative is a bit more linear maybe (though of course you can't get more linear than "We are going upriver in a boat".). Riveting performances by the leads and Brando as mad as ever. They did cut the Playboy bunny scene and the USO scene seemed shorter?

They are doing a bonus screening on the Monday afternoon after the official finish of the festival (26th) and I am seriously considering going again.

I need to watch the doco about the making of I think but I will see the film again first.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure

Ok, so it's got too many wheels...

...and apparently optimism wasn't the required currency...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/115...thebys-auction
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    That's insane how much money some people have to throw around.

This however is more back to script.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b8b17b870f-001
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    There was just one occasion I spent time in the company of someone who owned one of those. Impressively large piece of kit, and unless you had legs like Charles Atlas you'd be in trouble if it got a few degrees off vertical.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I rode a mate's ST1300 and almost bust a gut taking it off sidestand when there was a 0.2degree camber slope disadvantage.

I also pulled over to check tyre pressure, but strangely They're all like that sir.

Bike
    Yo momma
    I rode a mate's ST1300 and almost bust a gut taking it off sidestand when there was a 0.2degree camber slope disadvantage.

I also pulled over to check tyre pressure, but strangely They're all like that sir.
    Yep they are a little portly...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Speaking of weight why is a 1974 Honda CL350 around 160kg wet but a 2019 Triumph Street Scrambler is north of 200kg wet (not much north but still). A Street Triple RS (with almost double the horsepowers, bigger forks, wider wheels and so forth is closer in weight to the CL than the Street Twin.

Ridiculous!
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Blog Entries
    How hard do you try if your demographic wont notice. Also how heavy do you want your crank? and associated balancers and crankcase to cope so it doesn't rattle itself to death.

I'll take the triple thanks. Ohh, look. I did.

Actually I must get around to weighing my bike wet with low pipe, no pillion pegs etc.

Probably closer to quoted than comfortable. But Triumph usually lie less than the others.

Bike
    bandit
    That's insane how much money some people have to throw around.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b8b17b870f-001
    Seems a bit OTT ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well here's one that probably would benefit from pipe wrap to avoid burns. Brown seat cover should be available. Add some Skull mirrors and indicators.

. . . Maybe some hipster wood stain?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...d5eaaa5e39-003

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    When I first looked at that the price seemed almost a bargain. Then I saw the word replica. If that went to Britain would it be allowed to run in the veteran vehicle events?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    When I first looked at that the price seemed almost a bargain. Then I saw the word replica. If that went to Britain would it be allowed to run in the veteran vehicle events?
    from memory the guy made three or four, seen it running, interesting and with the way the interest rates are i'm sure someone would love to have this sitting in their foyer or pool room to chuckle over with his mates while drinking their square gins.

Thread Information