Page 652 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652653654662702752 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 16087

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There might currently be a custom bike show in the UK. At least Mat Oxley keeps posting pics. One was a CX, he thinks CXs are multiplying as they keep popping up. Says he had one back in the day but it didn’t impress then.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    One was a CX, he thinks CXs are multiplying as they keep popping up. Says he had one back in the day but it didn’t impress then.
    I remember them as solid work horses. The engine configuration and water cooling was interesting at the time.

If you pop on to BikeExif and search CX500 there are some stunning custom builds - big budget stuff, but it is seriously impressive what the old CX can turn into.

Bike
    MT-01, RG 250,

and the photo competition winner is

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Taken with a nokia whilst roler skating. Sheesh.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Looks more like a dose of the DTs from lack of P

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I had a DT. It was a 200 liquid cooled and the barrel could have been from an RZ350. Almost.
    neat little thing for gentle trails. Wish I'd had one as a teenager. Instead of at 30
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    This guy seems to think going to a track day "isn't racing"

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=...rewritten=true

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post

Apparently. HE does not thrash it on the track yet is riding in a medium not a learners group. Now I don;t attend track days but I'd think a medium group was travelling at some pace, thus needing some rpms.

Having said that the worst thing you could do to a big bore sports engine is piss around town at low revs day in day out - let them breathe.

Entertaining comments though.

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    As usual, the comments make for a great laugh

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.

Actually, I agree with the guy. I've raced for 30 odd years and for most of the last 9 I instructed at track days (ART) and I still attend a few track days each year with one of the collection.

Irrespective of the technicality that " racing" only happens when there is a flag drop and results posted, they are very different beasts, even if people think they are going as fast as they can at a track day.

To the uninitiated they may think they are the same. But they are not.

At a race meeting I will be seconds quicker compared to a track day and am usually in the corner eating raw meat with a crazed look on my face. a Track day, I'm usually relaxed as.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Apparently. HE does not thrash it on the track yet is riding in a medium not a learners group. Now I don;t attend track days but I'd think a medium group was travelling at some pace, thus needing some rpms.

Having said that the worst thing you could do to a big bore sports engine is piss around town at low revs day in day out - let them breathe.

Most medium group riders will usually get eaten by your average racer. They may be travelling at a pace, but guaranteed they are still soft on corner entry speed, braking, turn in and even how hard they change down....The only reason I didn't go in medium on my 300 Ninja race bike was the over take speed in a straight line given I only had 38 hp....otherwise it would be quite easy to hang out there

Bike
    Street Triple R

a track day is not racing.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Most medium group riders will usually get eaten by your average racer. They may be travelling at a pace, but guaranteed they are still soft on corner entry speed, braking, turn in and even how hard they change down....The only reason I didn't go in medium on my 300 Ninja race bike was the over take speed in a straight line given I only had 38 hp....otherwise it would be quite easy to hang out there
    I notice it most in tyre wear. I'm a road rider so I am used to leaving space between me and the road edge, not rolling on the throttle as quick as I might and not braking as hard as I can, and just leaving a little extra room for the unexpected. It is ingrained. That translates (in my case) on track to being a complete muppet wobbler - not using all the track, braking too early and not being as hard on the front tyre as I could. So I over compensate by trashing the rear tyre (plus skids are awesome...). Usually a bit better by the last session of the day but by then I am so knackered I am going slower anyway.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. Track days aren't racing. Most obvious evidence is my insurance company insures my bike for track days, but not racing. However, anything that is timed is not insured.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Sounds like riding a decent bucket around the old Taupo track.

Thread Information