Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking at changing bikes! I think it is ST1300 time

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...my advice may be off the wall and a complete 360 degree turn but why not free the spirit, break the mould, put your best foot forward and get yourself an ST1300 ...let us all know how it worked out on the night...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I would be fitting racks to the RF.....

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I would be fitting racks to the RF.....
    You sure?
    Them ST's is sleepers..

Bart 's run by dm_504e3dbb94ad6
    Manopausal.

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Come on down - there's a bed here if required.
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    The test ride didn't happen, the owner grabbed his bike back from the dealer and now has decided not to sell it.
    I still haven't had a chance to ride an ST1300 which is something I really need to do.
    I work Sunday to Thursday so I guess that means a ride up to Auckland on Friday to test ride a bike.

If I confirm that an ST1300 is the bike for me then I'll either buy the one I test ride (if I'm happy with it and the deal is decent) or option 2 would be a trip to New Plymouth.
    If I had already ridden an ST1300 I might have considered just buying the one in New Plymouth and not bothering with the trip to Auckland.
    Last time I looked Honda Hamilton had a second hand one in their show room. You should give Peter Bryant a call on 07 8389299.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    Depends on the ride.
    I was offered an ST 1300 as a loan bike when my ride was in the shop chasing a fault.
    I was impressed with the bike it truly was a sports/tourer.
    I'm 6'2 and had just enough leg/knee room with virtually no wriggle room. Raising the adjustable seat to the top notch helped.
    I found the riding position was not what I look for in a bike these days, with the slightly forward position, preferring my feet under my hips and no pressure on my arms at all,
    and a more upright riding position to compensate for my aging chassis. There was masses of storage room with the detachable bags and top box.
    Looking at the bike it looks like it would be relatively easy to do basic maintenance and so forth. There seem to be a few on the market with various prices and mileage. I am aware of more than 1 that has done very high k's with only the usual maintenance and are still running flawlessly. It appears the only down side may be the wheel size and tire choice limited.

Bike
    '23 CRF 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by STJim View Post
    Last time I looked Honda Hamilton had a second hand one in their show room. You should give Peter Bryant a call on 07 8389299.
    Yep, that was the one.
    I went in on Monday to find that the owner of that bike had taken it home earlier that day and when Peter gave him a call he said he decided he wasn't selling it.
    It really was bad timing for me, if the owner had gone in on Tuesday he would probably have found that the bike was sold to me.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Depends on the ride.

Bike
    GL1800
    Nice choice Mark, I've had 500 km + from a tank and never a hassle with tyres

Will send you a PM

Shafty
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    '23 CRF 1100
    I guess that means a ride up to Auckland on Friday to test ride a bike.
    Unless of course I get a phone call telling me about a bike coming in that might be just what I want.
    Charcoal 2007 ST1300 with 38,000kms on the clock - good price and decent trade in offer for the RF.

This is one you wont see on trademe, I test rode it less than 1 hour after it came in and I've taken it home.
    I think I'll give them some money rather than give the bike back.

I kinda like how the 1300cc V4 engine runs, plenty of lazy power from that compared to the RF.
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Ducat 916
    Have you taken a FJR1300 for a test ride? Got one ready to go if your interested.

Bike
    GL1800

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oldman_rider2013 View Post
    Have you taken a FJR1300 for a test ride? Got one ready to go if your interested.
    Yes, a lovely bike Old'in, and yours is excellent value too
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    Unless of course I get a phone call telling me about a bike coming in that might be just what I want.
    Charcoal 2007 ST1300 with 38,000kms on the clock - good price and decent trade in offer for the RF.

This is one you wont see on trademe, I test rode it less than 1 hour after it came in and I've taken it home.
    I think I'll give them some money rather than give the bike back.

I kinda like how the 1300cc V4 engine runs, plenty of lazy power from that compared to the RF.
    Sounds like a good choice to me. I have just clocked up 55,000 kms on mine with no difficulties. As I am based in Hamilton would be happy to meet for a coffee on a Saturday morning

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    '23 CRF 1100
    Well, my profile is now accurate - I own a 2007 ST1300 with 38 thou kms on the clock.
    I had a test ride and then the salesman asked if I wanted to take it home, so I did.
    Riding to work at 4am was the clincher, no numb frozen cheeks or running nose, instead I raised the screen and my face was warm as.
    I've ridden it in fairly heavy traffic in Hamilton, at slow speeds, at higher speeds (nothing illegal of course ) in cold air and in warm air - I'm really liking how this bike feels and rides.

My RF + $9k was the deal and that isn't too bad when the '07 is basically the same bike as the '13 and 38 thou kms doesn't really knock much off the lifespan of the bike.
    New the full price is $26k and the discounted price is $22k - if I bought a new one then in a couple of years it would have lost a lot of value.

This is an expensive week, I've also laid out $1,200 for a new Schuberth C3 Pro helmet.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    '23 CRF 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by STJim View Post
    Sounds like a good choice to me. I have just clocked up 55,000 kms on mine with no difficulties. As I am based in Hamilton would be happy to meet for a coffee on a Saturday morning
    We might have to sort out something, maybe even a ride out to Raglan or wherever?
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Thread Information