Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with expired temporary imported motorbike

Bike
    moto guzzi NTX 650 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    You will need to get the WOF issued while the plate is on the original bike as they will check the VIN to see that it matches the paperwork. Once that is done then swap the plate over and update the registration, if necessary, at the AA.
    Because both bikes are Guzzis i can't see you having a problem unless you are involved in an accident. If you ride safe and carefully you should be ok.

The original bike is in pieces so hard to get that one WOF issued
    The bike is a 1989 built so it has no VIN number but a chassis number. We are going to duplicate the chassis number on a aluminium plate and mount it to my bike (my bike has also the details on a alu plate riveted on the frame). Then get a WOF and a rego.
    Sounds okay?
    Exploring New Zealand on my working holiday...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timpel_800 View Post
    Maybe I should've been more clearly. If we are swapping plates, I'm going to get a new WOF and Rego for the bike! Should be not a big problem I guess. It's a moto guzzi and the bike were I get the plates from is also a Guzzi. Different model but still hard to tell the difference.
    All the details of the bike the plates belong to ... come up on the computer when the WOF is done. If the tester notes the different details to what he has in front of him ...

Get a WOF on your mates Guzzi before you swap plates. And get it's rego up to date if you can.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    moto guzzi NTX 650 1989
    so I'm not able to get a WOF for a friend? Or for example my girlfriend? You have to be there in person?

Bike
    If you're going to do it, just do it man. Posting up the details on the internet about it probably isn't going to do you any favours about keeping it on the down low

Enjoy the trip!

Bike
    so I'm not able to get a WOF for a friend? Or for example my girlfriend? You have to be there in person?
    Anyone can get a WOF or register/license any vehicle

Bike
    moto guzzi NTX 650 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    If you're going to do it, just do it man. Posting up the details on the internet about it probably isn't going to do you any favours about keeping it on the down low

Enjoy the trip!
    Your're right. We live in a village.
    thanks, will do !

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    The vehicle that you are getting a WOF for has to be there "In person". They test it .. not you.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post

Anyway what's the worst they'll do? Deport you
    ...or even worse, make you stay...

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Maybe I should've been more clearly. If we are swapping plates, I'm going to get a new WOF and Rego for the bike! Should be not a big problem I guess. It's a moto guzzi and the bike were I get the plates from is also a Guzzi. Different model but still hard to tell the difference.
    if they do the wof properly they will check the chassis number against the reg plate, better off gettin ya mates bike wof and reg then doin swap

Bike
    R100GSPD
    the original bike is in pieces so hard to get that one wof issued
    the bike is a 1989 built so it has no vin number but a chassis number. We are going to duplicate the chassis number on a aluminium plate and mount it to my bike (my bike has also the details on a alu plate riveted on the frame). Then get a wof and a rego.
    Sounds okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by fjrider View Post

get a wof on your mates guzzi before you swap plates. And get it's rego up to date if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    if they do the wof properly they will check the chassis number against the reg plate, better off gettin ya mates bike wof and reg then doin swap
    his mates bike is in peices!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    his mates bike is in peices!
    Put mates bike plates on ... book/take in for WOF at a busy time of day ... (chances are ... it wont be closely checked) places that do cars AND bikes ...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    dont bother vinning it. (if its not in the cop-puter, they cant do feckall, legally.)
    Ill have it when you leave.

Bike
    CB1300
    Just a thought but, no wof or reg is petty misdemeanour type stuff. Max problem is fines and no insurance in the event of a crash. Conversion is a criminal act. I know at least 2 people who have spent time at the leisure of her majesty for conversion. One was in a stolen car with legit plates transferred. The other was on his own bike riding on the rego of his crashed bike. As a second time offender ( previous shoplifting charge) he did not qualify for diversion. You would also be uninsured in the event of a crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    CB1300
    Conversion may be the wrong term given you are not depriving anyone o their legitimate claim to property but it is fraud.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Conversion may be the wrong term given you are not depriving anyone o their legitimate claim to property but it is fraud.

Your signature on ALL the forms declare the stated particulars are true and correct. (and worded to that effect)

Making a false declaration is then the charge if court action is taken against you.

Thread Information