Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with expired temporary imported motorbike

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Your signature on ALL the forms declare the stated particulars are true and correct. (and worded to that effect)

Making a false declaration is then the charge if court action is taken against you.
    This is criminal offence yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timpel_800 View Post
    Maybe I should've been more clearly. If we are swapping plates, I'm going to get a new WOF and Rego for the bike! Should be not a big problem I guess. It's a moto guzzi and the bike were I get the plates from is also a Guzzi. Different model but still hard to tell the difference.
    You get caught doing that and it will be a prosecution. You still have the dutch plate? Give it a clean, bung it on and finish your trip. Try not to speed and you will not get pulled over. Even if you do, tell the truth, most decent cops will point out the best roads for you to be on and send you on your way. Enjoy your trip!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    This is criminal offence yes?

Giving false or misleading information is liable for a fine of no more than $1000 ..

Fitting plates to a vehicle for which it is not authorized will get you 25 demerits ... (probably a fine too)
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    moto guzzi NTX 650 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    You get caught doing that and it will be a prosecution. You still have the dutch plate? Give it a clean, bung it on and finish your trip. Try not to speed and you will not get pulled over. Even if you do, tell the truth, most decent cops will point out the best roads for you to be on and send you on your way. Enjoy your trip!

I'm not so worried about getting pulled over. I usually drive pretty normal. Main thing I'm worrying about is the fact that the rego plate says 2008 and that when I park ik somewhere in town the parking-guy will give me a fine
    Exploring New Zealand on my working holiday...

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by timpel_800 View Post
    I'm not so worried about getting pulled over. I usually drive pretty normal. Main thing I'm worrying about is the fact that the rego plate says 2008 and that when I park ik somewhere in town the parking-guy will give me a fine
    Like where is he going to send it?

Don't fit the other plates.
    The most you will get if stopped is $100 for no reg, they will not impound your bike.

Have a good time while you are here and don't sweat the small stuff.

Bike
    2013 Honda CBR250R
    The applicable fine for not displaying either is (I think) $250 for each offense.
    So if my rego information is behind the license plate obscured from view I could get fined? I would ask where else am I supposed to put it?
    "In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society" - Unknown

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashbandicoot View Post
    So if my rego information is behind the license plate obscured from view I could get fined? I would ask where else am I supposed to put it?
    The charge is Not displaying the labels ... so if it is not in sight ... YES you can and many have.

You can get License label holders that can bolt on beneath your plate (or elsewhere)

And NO WOF or Rego label displayed is $200 for each ...

Bike
    CB1300
    The charge is Not displaying You can get License label holders that can bolt on beneath your plate (or elsewhere)
    Last time I got one it was free with rego transaction at VTNZ. if you ask how to attach they normally offer some double sided tape pre cut to the same size as the label or one of these aluminium and Perspex jobbies. I have had about 5 or 6 this way. Never paid. Or they are about $10 from a bike shop.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Last time I got one it was free with rego transaction at VTNZ. if you ask how to attach they normally offer some double sided tape pre cut to the same size as the label or one of these aluminium and Perspex jobbies. I have had about 5 or 6 this way. Never paid. Or they are about $10 from a bike shop.

Very true ... I've never paid for one yet ...

You become parking warden bait if either (or both) labels are not displayed.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    dont have the warrants on either of my bikes displayed and have never had an issue, the one on the zzr is in the locked front pocket and the one for the wing is stuck on the inside of the trunk lid, have always been able to present when pulled up and only comment i have ever got from cops is that im old school, those that lived in central north island and had bikes in the 70's and early 80's may understand why this was a necessary thing to do, just never stopped doin it and never caused any issues for me

Bike
    moto guzzi NTX 650 1989
    Exploring New Zealand on my working holiday...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    You would have a problem with parking wardens though.
    Avoid car parks where payment is required ... problem solved.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    I thought the fine was $200 for no reg and $200 for no warrant.
    $100 each and 35 demerits each , well thats what i paid last time lol

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    CB1300
    I think the logic of giving demerits needs to be challenged in court as I was under the impression that the intent of a demerit was to provide motivation to drive/ride safer or loose your licence which for no reg/wof is nonsense.
    I think the logic is that if you cannot keep your vehicle properly licensed and warranted you are not a fit and proper person to be using the road.
    To get your license confiscated for this offence alone you would need to be caught 6 times.
    History indicates that the sort of person who would get caught 6 times in two years is a recidivist offender who is better off our roads. Especially long piece of rope given the extremely low detection rates for this offence in this country.

This is only likely to be an issue for people who are already one ticket away from losing their licence.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    TF125
    Some of you lot need to read this... http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/offe...t.html#vehicle

Thread Information