Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Bright cycle lights?

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Good point....we're all related.
    Those who risk nothing, Do nothing, Achieve nothing, Become nothing.

Bike
    CB1300
    In other words they say you. Recognised you.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    I was riding last night with two 3800 Lumen lights. One on my helmet and one on the front. One on the front is angled away from oncoming traffic (like on dip) and I look away from vehicles always. To cross the river we use the SH1 bridge foot path on the same side as the oncoming traffic and zero problems (ie no one got excited or died or anything etc) and both lights were set to lowest power - ie just one cree fired up. Put those buggers on strobe and aim them at traffic and i assure you you would see fuck all else... You are correct - these lights can be as dangerous to a driver as a laser is to a pilot...

Oh - I'm ordering a 9000 Lumen one this weekend - yeah baby - get em while they are legal...
    Thread dredge... I am window shopping around for led lights for on a hunting rifle and rembered this thread. How did you get on with the 9000lm? And do you have an online supplier? Although 3800lm would probably be plenty for possums and such like

Bike
    Gone
    Just buy from amazon -- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s%2Ck%3A9000lm

Will also need some 18650 batteries. At that sort of power it will burn through them. http://www.amazon.com/TrustFire-Prot...8650+trustfire

If they won't ship it to NZ, sign up a youshop account and use that.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Ohhh it seems cyclists do pay their way.... 3.75 million in fines over 5 years!!!! Not so holier and safer than thou now are they.....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7199...-375m-in-fines
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Holier, yes, safer?

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    The majority of cyclists would just be happy not to be run over/run off the road by ignorant truck drivers who don't care how much their trailers are wagging as they pass cyclists and drivers who are too busy looking at their phones to look at what's in front of them or in their mirrors.

The extremes are the militant cyclist rights campaigners, and the cyclists that don't give a fuck about road rules, as usual it's a bell curve with the silent majority of normal people in the middle.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    Thread dredge... I am window shopping around for led lights for on a hunting rifle and rembered this thread. How did you get on with the 9000lm? And do you have an online supplier? Although 3800lm would probably be plenty for possums and such like
    Dredge reply, d'oh... Sorry, I missed that.

In the end we decided the 9000lm would be too heavy and compromised on the 5000lm one (these are Chinese lm btw)

While it puts out more light the primitive reflector does not actually give any more distance but the spread is definitely better. So the 5000 goes on the bike and the 3800 goes on the head.

The 3800lm unit (3 cree led's) is definitely the best bang for your buck....

Cheers

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    In the end we decided the 9000lm would be too heavy and compromised on the 5000lm one (these are Chinese lm btw)

While it puts out more light the primitive reflector does not actually give any more distance but the spread is definitely better.
    A bit slopey then?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    A bit slopey then?
    Seen one of these the other day ran the bugger down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cylon-eye.gif 
Views:	12 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	315933
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I was cursing a arse cyclist the other night over this - LED light blinking like a strobe on his helmet straight into oncoming drivers eyes. Fucktard.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    The majority of cyclists would just be happy not to be run over/run off the road by ignorant truck drivers who don't care how much their trailers are wagging as they pass cyclists and drivers who are too busy looking at their phones to look at what's in front of them or in their mirrors.

The extremes are the militant cyclist rights campaigners, and the cyclists that don't give a fuck about road rules, as usual it's a bell curve with the silent majority of normal people in the middle.
    I agree with your last sentence but theres also a bellcurve of truck behaviour. Just like how normal people only remember their last interaction with militant cyclist, cyclists only remember that last near miss (in their opinion) with a truck.
    Trailers do not waggle a s far as cylists are concerned, they will bump steer a very minor amount on some straight bumpy roads and although it looks significant to a following motorist its negligible.
    Cyclists have no idea of the efforts that most truck drivers go to avoid running them over. As professional road users we're expected to operate a higher degree of caution around obvious frequent hazards. To harm or kill one where it was easily avoidable is very likely jail time and no one wants that, hence most go to much trouble an operating expense not to collide.

Driving to work on early shift other month what do I see.... a feral type cyclist wearing hoodie dimming his periphal senses, cycling no hands while using cellphone an no lights, prob txting his p dealer for next fix.
    Now this one cyclist is as representative of ALL cyclists in the same proportion that ONE bad truck driver is of all other truck drivers, its just the last bad interaction you recall....

There are some 22,000 truck drivers in NZ (prob lot more those stats 10 years old), if they were as bad as cyclists make out we would have hundreds of dead cylists every year if even 1% (220) were evil devil may car bike killers..... But luckily that macabre fantasy only exists sipping lattes while 'road warriors' recount (ahem make up) their last near miss story....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post

Hear hear! You see the cunts all the time pegging it right before merging lanes almost catching cars in between the truck and trailer too. Knuckle draggers.
    Easy to pick out who's paying attention and whos not behind the wheel of a truck after a few corners though.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I was cursing a arse cyclist the other night over this - LED light blinking like a strobe on his helmet straight into oncoming drivers eyes. Fucktard.
    I had the opposite the other night, was stoked to be able to see a cyclists LED from a good distance away in the lashing rain. Open road though.

Thread Information