Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Jatz's travels

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    You make good reading

Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Anyone else find that kb pages take forevever to load with a pic heavy thread? Is it because the pages are so long? What determines the page length? Would be good to have a page break option.
    Speed of the page loading will obviously depend on the speed of your internet connection and how many pics there are on the page, plus how big those pics are. As the page loads, the server trots off to get your pics from photobucket (or anywhere someone has put them).

In your profile you can adjust the number of posts you want to see per page, default is 15, I have it on 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Bloody good stuff Jatz.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    You make good reading

Speed of the page loading will obviously depend on the speed of your internet connection and how many pics there are on the page, plus how big those pics are. As the page loads, the server trots off to get your pics from photobucket (or anywhere someone has put them).

In your profile you can adjust the number of posts you want to see per page, default is 15, I have it on 20.
    You lost him at "obviously"

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Was great fun reading through your 'chit chat' and looking at all these beautiful pics (yes, even the food pics lol). It really does result in itchy feet though (and I'm feeling a wee bit hungry now...). I'm looking forward to Christmas when me and my bike are heading south.

So, thanks for all the laughs. I looking forward to read more
    I'll try to oblige Happy to have you along for the ride

Quote Originally Posted by RMOTO View Post
    Nice! That is officially the first photo posted of a RemoteMoto sticker. That's surely got to be eligible for something... stay tuned...

Ooooooo..... A bonus I like bonuses

To be honest I did not complete my diploma in advanced physics however with a quick calculation I believe I can safely hypothesize a RemoteMoto sticker attached to your pig will increase the top speed to 273.8 kmph. I will have to run further calculations to determine top speeds for your emu and your donkey
    That'd be down hill with a tail wind

Bike
    F800GS
    You make good reading
    Thanks, I'm glad someones reading

Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Bloody good stuff Jatz.
    As above
    On another note... I sent my C.V. to fuckknuckle ltd in Winton, it came back ..... with "which one" written on it

Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    You lost him at "obviously"
    Padders lost ? ...never

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    As above
    On another note... I sent my C.V. to fuckknuckle ltd in Winton, it came back ..... with "which one" written on it
    Starts with southern, ends with excavating and has a trenching in the middle.
    They be busy with lawyers at the moment me thinks.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    F800GS

Westcoast Ramble...

Well... that was interesting
    I've been procrastinating (crickey, thats a big word ) over the wiring up of the new speedo on the brick, so figured I'd do some riding around down the coast way, just to put it off for a bit longer
    Once again I'd been cruising round the RemoteMoto site and figured out a route, sort of, I'd made it all one big route on mapsource and felt ready to go.
    Saturday dawned nice and sunnyish, so after checking tyres (yip, 2 of ) oil (check) and making sure all systems were go I set off
    As always it was a nice ride down to Murch and through the Buller gorge excuse the dodgy pic, but I didn't know the lens was grubby

Then down to Reefton, where I was feeling a little parched, time for a brew

Then down to Greymouth. I could've sat on the beach for ages, just soaking it up It was one of those days.

But No!!, I had places to be....
    I cruised down to Kumara and went up the Kumara/Inchbonnie rd and ended up at Mitchells, on the shores of Lake Brunner

Then.... and this is where my plan started to unravell
    I backtracked to what mapsource had said was No Name rd, which is where I wanted to be I found the turnoff, but it looked a bit dodgy Never mind, I'll trust the gps
    It said to go through here, I waded through first, just to check it out. Not to many big rocks, a little slippery though.

The track was supposed to be a grade 2

I'd forgotten what a heavy bike it is
    After another slimy river crossing, my sense of adventure said he'd meet me back in Greymouth.
    Time to take stock of the situation, a cuppa always helps

I wandered up the riverbed/track a wee way and thought about it some more, considering no one knew where I was and it was getting lateish I figured it was best to go back
    It turns out I was on Blackwater creek track (grade 4) Apparently mapsource thought it was still No Name rd That'll teach me to try and be a smart bastard. I didn't mean those things I said Rmoto
    Any way... I backtracked back to Greymouth and picked up my mutinous sense of adventure and headed for Ahaura and the Ahaura/Kopara rd.
    Apparently there's a hut up there, by a river, you get to it on a grade 2 track I had a sense of dread
    This is the Ahaura/Kopara rd

I located the turn off to the hut, running on instinct here, I'd had cross words with the gps
    It turns out it was all good though it was a nice wee track

Had a brief chat to a couple of hunters there and settled in with a reasonable merlot and something hearty for tea

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Haha, I think most of us have had some interesting discussions with our GPS. Sometimes I've ignored it and had a big win... sometimes it's been at my peril

Are you using a Garmin? Open Source Maps? Do you even know what I'm talking about? You can feed tracks back to the mappers to help improve accuracy if so...
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    F800GS
    After a restless night, wondering what had gone wrong the previous day listening to the livestock in the ceiling, Feeling cold, but not wanting to put my riding gear on cause I'd lose my pillow, and agonising over this...

Who was De Filippi ? Where did he/she come from ? where did he/she go ? and how come they get a creek named after them ? I think I may have some OCD

Anyway.... It was another stunning morning. This is the view from the hut

And here's the hut...

It was a slow start to the day, I was busy soaking up the atmosphere
    I eventually saddled up and headed back towards Greymouth, turning off at Stillwater and then making my way up the coast, mindfull of riding economically.
    Always a good ride up that bit of coast. Here's a sample of the playlist I was listening to while swooping round the bends

The weather looked a bit dodgy, further up towards Westport

But the sun was shining in my heart.
    I thought this was pretty cool

I got to W/port and naturally had to have some breakfast Something light, I was still processing all that steak from the night before

Then it was just a drag to get home, through the gorge and a wee detour round Hinehaka rd just south of Murch (thats another name thats always intrigued me), then over the Braeburn track

Where this caught my eye, I've added a couple of little details just to make it more interesting

Was a cool ride through Sherry river, Sunday creek rd etc to finish the trip.
    Now it's back to pondering the wiring of the Brick .... think I'll have a cuppa

Cheers.

Bike
    F800GS
    Haha, I think most of us have had some interesting discussions with our GPS. Sometimes I've ignored it and had a big win... sometimes it's been at my peril

Are you using a Garmin? Open Source Maps? Do you even know what I'm talking about? You can feed tracks back to the mappers to help improve accuracy if so...
    Yip. Using a garmin 76 with Open Source maps installed, also using Open Source maps in mapsource.
    I think Open Source maps treats the Blackwater creek as part of No Name rd. Least that's what I've deduced

I think I need to go to Chch to get the bike serviced in less than 700k's, I might need to take the long way home and just check it out

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    The GPS will sometimes have a tendancy to show you on a nearby road, but your track should be accurate, and you can submit via the forum, telling them it's single track, low priority, and then it's there for the rest of us to come blundering through

Bike
    F800GS
    The GPS will sometimes have a tendancy to show you on a nearby road, but your track should be accurate, and you can submit via the forum, telling them it's single track, low priority, and then it's there for the rest of us to come blundering through
    I think I'll leave submitting updates to someone who has a clue.
    I'll download the routes from RemoteMoto and have another crack at it. I trust Josh's research and track logging, although I think one of the tracks on his site has big rocks across the entrance.
    Be a good excuse for a ride anyway....

Bike
    Its a Boat
    What a fantastic and visually satisfying thread, the Lake Hauroko photo in post #4 is brilliant.

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    What a fantastic and visually satisfying thread, the Lake Hauroko photo in post #4 is brilliant.
    Glad you like it *takes a bow*

Also...
    from Wiki..
    Filippo de Filippi (April 20, 1814 – February 9, 1867) was an Italian doctor, traveler and zoologist.
    I don't think so
    Or...
    Maria De Filippi (born 5 December 1961) is an Italian television host.

I'd like to think so , but probably not

Bike
    F800GS
    Bit more digging....
    I think I got it
    http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/schol...y1-d12-d1.html

From the web page...
    Stefano, son of Domincio de Filippi and Maria Qudria, was born in Vervio, Lombardy in 1839. Very little is known of his early life, but it seems he followed his father into farming, and also served an apprenticeship as a stonemason. It may have been the lure of gold which drew him to the Southern Hemisphere for, in 1861, he was in Melbourne and later Sydney, finally arriving in Nelson in 1862.

Told ya's I was suffering from some form of OCD
    I'll sleep well tonight

Thread Information