Thread: very entertaining.. :D

Bike
    90 TZR250

very entertaining.. :D

well finally got my bike back and went for a quick ride over haywoods and then up to the top of the rimutaka's. Was an awesome ride.. but anyway...

I was chilling up the top of the rimutaka's for a bit (as you do), and heard the familar roar of a bike coming up the other side.

Then this dude called Gary roars round the corner on his bandit, pops up the front and then does a mean wheelstand into the car park. I was quite impressed up to the moment when he canned it into the fence!!

Wheelstand was too fast and combined with little bit of gravel on landing, saw the bike lowside into a concrete pole. Completely rooted the front end with the forks being bent into some weird angles and a snapped right footpeg.

I gave him a 9/10 for the wheelstand and 3/10 for the landing

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Serves him right....that is one of the funniest things I have heard in ages....he must have felt pretty bloody stupid....hahahahahah

When good wheelies - go bad

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    I wonder how he will write that up for his insurance.
    And thats why I don't try wheelies,Look cool,but
    BTW, Glad to see you got your bike back.

Bike
    90 TZR250
    apparently he didnt have insurance... oops

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    How did he get the bike back down - as one most likely wouldn't want to be riding back down the 'takas with bent forks......

Shit I wish someone had that on camera.....I still laugh when I think about it.

I can just imagine his thought process......

"".....I wonder if there is anyone at the summit.........shit there is........shit he is only riding a small bike.......I'll pop and mono and impress the socks off him.........here goes.........fuck a bit quick.......shit gravel.......CRUNCH'..........now where is that hole in the ground that will swallow me up""""

From hero to zero in the twist of the wrist.....

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    Hi Blink - I'm really glad to hear you've got your bike back.

May see you on the hill sometime - we're away this weekend (Ducati rally at Tokaanu) but here next weekend so may catch you then - would be keen to hear how things got resolved over your bike.

Must go and wake up Hamish and tell him about Gary and then get on the road to Tokaanu (yeah, I know it's only 6am but I like getting going early....)

Bike
    Yamama R6 & Frankie the Bucket
    NObody yet has asked the all important question...Was he hurt?

And don't you all know that it's rude to laugh at others misfortune.

Bike
    farmquad
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot
    NObody yet has asked the all important question...Was he hurt?

And don't you all know that it's rude to laugh at others misfortune.
    good point slingshot, i bet his pride was hurt. but he'll be back pulling wheelstands as quick as you can say 'just got my bike fixed'.

Bike
    90 TZR250
    He thought he'd done his collar bone, but after checking it out it looks like it was just sore as hell from landing on it. So some bruising and a hurt ego is all he got away with.

He used my cell to ring mates of his to come pick him up, as his bike was definately not going anywhere.

Although he was quite upbeat about it : "hey mate, at least there was somewhere here to see it, i bet it was entertaining".... it sure was

anyway, the bike is calling me...

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    I presume this was Gary Winn, used to be a salesman at Sawyers (sold me my VFR in '94) but he left a few years back and last time I saw him he was doing just what you are describing, wheelstanding his naked Bandit on the 'tukas. He was working for Dave Anderson in Masterton last time I saw him. Must say I've never seen him crash though.
    Cheers

Merv

Thread Information